New AsaultCube Icon
I made a new icon.

I hope someone likes it.

I'm not saying that it should be the new icon, but I made a new one, and hope some people like it.

[Image: AssaultCube2.png]

EDIT: Took Darkbee's advice, and added some shading. Glad I did, too. In my opinion, it looks even better than it did before. Also, tweaked the shadow, did a better job with the blood.

And, since I'm here, might as well whore myself out to you guys. If you need any AC graphics, start screens, scopes, radars, anything, send me a message, and I'd be glad to do it.

-CTSTL

Thanks given by:
i do like it :D it's awsome
Thanks given by:
Simple yet nice. I like it :D
Thanks given by:
+1! It's amazing!
Thanks given by:
It looks a bit flat, maybe needs some shading, but I'm not a graphic designer so what do I know. I like the concept though.
Thanks given by:
I think it looks very cool :) I'd love to use this as a mod!

EDIT: Does it need to be 1024x1024 to use it? Or can I use this as a mod as is?
Thanks given by:
(16 Dec 10, 08:59AM)jAcKRoCk* Wrote: i do like it :D it's awsome

Thanks, man. ^O^

Thanks given by:
You should use that as your forum avatar ^^
Thanks given by:
(16 Dec 10, 02:34PM)Darkbee Wrote: It looks a bit flat, maybe needs some shading, but I'm not a graphic designer so what do I know. I like the concept though.

I agree, I think I'll add some and update.

Thanks.

(16 Dec 10, 11:21PM)Gibstick Wrote: You should use that as your forum avatar ^^

Oh snap, THAT'S A GREAT IDEA!!

(16 Dec 10, 01:59PM)samsattF Wrote: Simple yet nice. I like it :D

Thanks.

(16 Dec 10, 02:02PM)Andrez Wrote: +1! It's amazing!

Thanks!!

(16 Dec 10, 08:26PM)DEKiMA Wrote: I think it looks very cool :) I'd love to use this as a mod!

EDIT: Does it need to be 1024x1024 to use it? Or can I use this as a mod as is?

Thanks!!

What do you mean as a mod? The picture is 568 by 568. If you mean as a start screen, I could probably make one and post it.

Just tell me what you want.

Thanks given by:
What program did you use to make this logo cuz I want to make a logo for a clan
Thanks given by:
(18 Dec 10, 02:27AM)Ash Wrote: What program did you use to make this logo cuz I want to make a logo for a clan

I used GIMP. It's free, and does some pretty cool shit. And I mean completely free, no pro versions with better features or anything like that.

Thanks given by:
I'm glad my criticism proved constructive. Looking good!
Thanks given by:
Yes, it does look like a flat texture with some highlighted areas to make it "look" like 3D .. I tried out a little bit to use AC with some custom textures - but that's not an easy job for a non-artistic guy like me .. but it seems like the most appropriate approach. In a pinch I'd actually use a little (30 lines or less) OpenGL proggy to map some textures onto a cube and rotate it into position - then take a screenshot ;-)
Or use a modeling program .. whatever your favourite 3D way of doing things is ;-)
Thanks given by:
(19 Dec 10, 07:03AM)flowtron Wrote: Yes, it does look like a flat texture with some highlighted areas to make it "look" like 3D .. I tried out a little bit to use AC with some custom textures - but that's not an easy job for a non-artistic guy like me .. but it seems like the most appropriate approach. In a pinch I'd actually use a little (30 lines or less) OpenGL proggy to map some textures onto a cube and rotate it into position - then take a screenshot ;-)
Or use a modeling program .. whatever your favourite 3D way of doing things is ;-)

Nah, man. I tried out Blender and was effectively mindfucked. I just made this in GIMP (Photoshop for the peasants, free, and effective), it's just a flat image made with multiple layers. Then the layers are merged, and saved as a PNG image. 3D's too complicated for me. :/

Thanks given by:
Awesome dude here's an Icon i've been working on for my clan

file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/HP_Administrator/My%20Documents/AssaultCube_v1.1/screenshots/AMP%20LOGO.JPG
Thanks given by:
Looks...
Text-heavy.
Thanks given by:
(20 Dec 10, 03:35PM)DES|V-Man Wrote: Looks...
Text-heavy.

Which, the original or TigrisWarrior's logo?
Thanks given by:
The logo Tigris posted.
It just looks like a file path.
Thanks given by:
Yeah, I guess we have to use RDP to view it. :)
Thanks given by:
(20 Dec 10, 05:45AM)TigrisWarrior Wrote: Awesome dude here's an Icon i've been working on for my clan

file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/HP_Administrator/My%20Documents/AssaultCube_v1.1/screenshots/AMP%20LOGO.JPG

Thanks, but that link is to a file on your computer, I think.

Thanks given by:
I likes it.
Thanks given by:
Remember me?

I was the one who said to send it in via DeviantART. Told you it was a good idea!

BTW: this is also the name I'm playing under: TheOnlyPJ.
Thanks given by:
(21 Dec 10, 04:40PM)Lightning Wrote: I likes it.

Thanks, man. Glad to here it.

(21 Dec 10, 10:12PM)TheOnlyPJ Wrote: Remember me?

I was the one who said to send it in via DeviantART. Told you it was a good idea!

BTW: this is also the name I'm playing under: TheOnlyPJ.

Fuck yes, I remember you. Thanks, man, the feedback has been amazing.

TheOnlyPJ, huh? Pimpin'.

Thanks given by: