friendly fire on/off option?
Let me see if I understand correctly:
Currently, the servers auto-kick for teamkilling (even if cleverly disguised by also fragging the other team) rather than
docs Wrote:-kN Sets the kick threshold. If a players score drops below it, he will be kicked automatically (default: -5).
?
Thanks given by:
There are two separate kicks. There's one for having your frag score drop below a certain threshhold, which can be set with the -k switch in the server command line. There's also the 'anti-cheat' coding which introduced the auto-kick for excessive friendly fire, which counts damage done rather than kills.
I was talking about the second one with my previous post. The first one is easily defeated by killing one opponent for every teamkill, unless V-Man's suggestion about counting teamkills is implemented.
Only the second method has a ban option (-yN in the server command line); the first, as far as I've experienced, has no auto-ban.
Thanks given by:
grr teamkillers...
Thanks jamz! :D
Thanks given by:
At least teamkillers who kill the enemy are half useful I suppose. :-/

I think any solution that you come up with will be open to abuse. Look at voting, most of the time it works okay, but every now and then someone votes to kick someone for no apparent reason whatsoever and everyone blindly votes "yes".

I think that if you have a friendly fire option and we assume that it has to take an all or nothing approach, then there will be some server admins that will just leave it on permanently. I think that will be to the detriment of the game, almost as much as teamkilling itself.

Would friend-fire apply to nades? Would it be possible in the code to discern between guns and nades? I assume so. You'd have to otherwise AC would become a nade-spamming-fest again. And then of course, you haven't really solved the team-killing problem. ;)
Thanks given by:
Between gibb and frag or HS slash...the code discern it.
A teamkiller can use a nade too , but the autokick is more for friendly fire than for friendly kills.
In fact he kicks more for teamshots than for teamkills.

"-kN Sets the kick threshold. If a players score drops below it, he will be kicked automatically (default: -5)."

Wrong , negatives frags can be by suicide and the server know it , it don't autokick/autoban you for -10 frags if all your -1 were suicides or example.
Thanks given by:
Well, yes and no.
I have gotten kicked for suiciding before. (yes, they may have been scripts to do just that)
Thanks given by: