friendly fire on/off option?
is it a good idea to have a friendly fire on or off setting for the server owners and admins?

some thing like /friendlyfire [0] [1].

that way if there is a spat of TKing it can be nipped in the bud before it gets out of hand.
just thought i would raise this issue due to the amount of noobs TKing me intentionally today! nightmare! *facepalm*
Thanks given by:
I think not having the ability to kill one's team mates doesn't really make sense to me. It's a natural part of the game.

Plus it would alter the game dynamics drastically. Would bullets just pass through team mates? If so you could make doorways/entrace ways practically impenetrable with half a dozen players all firing from it.
Thanks given by:
Team damage (friendly fire) is a feature of many first person shooters for a reason, it adds very interersting gameplay dynamics to the existing game. The player now has many more obstacles on the map, although a lot of people abuse this feature to harass others, without it all of those other games which will remain unmentioned, and AssaultCube, would not be as fun.

My 2¢ :p
Thanks given by:
true, but when you get games where you KNOW a person is TKing (and TKing you) intentially it gets boring and Annoying. you go to call a kick vote and no one belives you *vote FAILED* then they still continue to shotgun you.

even if it was turned on temporarily it would stop the noobs.
Thanks given by:
if kick vote don't pass,use ALT key,search your teamkiller mate and cut him again and again,he will leave before you ;)
(frag also opponant for not being kicked by server ;) )
Thanks given by:
If an admin is around to turn it on temporarily, then that same admin should be around to kick the offending noob's @$$ from here to teamkillsville. I really don't think this is a good solution to this problem. It will create more problems than it will solve IMHO.
Thanks given by:
(20 Dec 10, 07:57PM)mykegregory Wrote: true, but when you get games where you KNOW a person is TKing (and TKing you) intentially it gets boring and Annoying. you go to call a kick vote and no one belives you *vote FAILED* then they still continue to shotgun you.

even if it was turned on temporarily it would stop the noobs.

Then leave the server and go somewhere else.
Thanks given by:
(20 Dec 10, 08:20PM)Darkbee Wrote: If an admin is around to turn it on temporarily, then that same admin should be around to kick the offending noob's @$$ from here to teamkillsville. I really don't think this is a good solution to this problem. It will create more problems than it will solve IMHO.

thats true.

and also. i'm not going to leave the game just cos some noob idiot wants to team kill. its a victory for them if i quit.

Thanks given by:
Just remember that there have been plenty of blacklist entries for retaliative TK.
Thanks given by:
I don't want to hijack this thread but is there a reason that many servers (it seems that way) don't implement the negative score threshhold kick? It would seem, at least on the surface that would certainly help alleviate the intentional teamkilling problem, if that is the goal of the original poster. Is it just down to poor/unknowledgeable server configuration? Or are there downsides to implementing that feature?
Thanks given by:
You'll have to ask each server owner why they went out of their way to remove the default.
Thanks given by:
I think you guys are arguing this the wrong way. This is not a question about whether or not FF is good. This is asking whether admins should have the choice to turn FF on or off. I think it should be something only admins can change. So, do I think FF is a good thing? Yes. Do I think admins and server owners deserve the choice to decide what is best for their server? Yes.
Thanks given by:
(20 Dec 10, 08:04PM)pakit Wrote: if kick vote don't pass,use ALT key,search your teamkiller mate and cut him again and again,he will leave before you ;)
(frag also opponant for not being kicked by server ;) )

This is God's way of dealing with it.
Thanks given by:
Key bind v-4-2 would lost sense so F2.
Thanks given by:
(20 Dec 10, 09:21PM)mykegregory Wrote: thats true.

and also. i'm not going to leave the game just cos some noob idiot wants to team kill. its a victory for them if i quit.

It's a victory to them if you stay and let them teamkill you. Devs aren't going to fix something that isn't broken.
Thanks given by:
(20 Dec 10, 11:37PM)Alien Wrote: Key bind v-4-2 would lost sense so F2.

Ok, let's not give admins the ability to customize a basic option of their server, cuz it wud mak 1 of da radio binds useless. This is not forcing you to run FF off. It is giving the admins the option to take control of their server, which I fully support.
Thanks given by:
Imo, I think it can be a server add-on. For example, you can head over to some TyD! Server and they might have it enabled. While if you head over to some o2| server, we might have teamkill disabled. Therefor the serrver owner has his general opinion on whether or not he wants to update his blacklist with teamkillers or not. I don't know if anyone already said this, I'm just trying to be useful :p

My 2¢
Thanks given by:
We could have another server add-on that only lets you kill people with "unarmed" in their nick. Of course, the admin/s should be able to turn it on or off.
Thanks given by:
@haydug
for me is teamkilling so basic feature of FPS so i cannot imagine the game in your view
Thanks given by:
Make a command for admins who can able/disable friendly fire for only one player.
Like /kick cn.
It should be something like /friendlyfire 0/1 cn for teamkillers.
Only able to vote this in public and only for admins. (for matchs on interclans)
It should let'newbies more time to learn playing with any teamkills.
Thanks given by:
(21 Dec 10, 12:16AM)Darkbee Wrote: We could have another server add-on that only lets you kill people with "unarmed" in their nick.
WTF? Many people, including my humble self, play as unarmed because they don't want to be bothered with idiots asking "hey, are you the X from Y" or "X CLAN MATCH????".

Thanks given by:
(21 Dec 10, 02:38PM)tempest Wrote:
(21 Dec 10, 12:16AM)Darkbee Wrote: We could have another server add-on that only lets you kill people with "unarmed" in their nick.
WTF? Many people, including my humble self, play as unarmed because they don't want to be bothered with idiots asking "hey, are you the X from Y" or "X CLAN MATCH????".

Relax. I was kidding. In case it's unclear my position on the ability to turn on/off friendly fire at will is a negatory. You might not be able to kill your team mates but the game would be killed in my very humble opinion.

Thanks given by:
I was thinking
.ExodusS* Wrote:Make a command for admins who can able/disable friendly fire for only one player.
Like /kick cn.
is the solution. The stuff you said after that would make the solution too complicated.
Thanks given by:
Admins have lives, mate. And there won't always be an admin in every single server thrilled for a teamkiller to appear so they can use the /kick cn command and feel so influential. FYI, admins that are playing in a server aren't there cause they feel like waiting for someone bad to show up so they can kick them.

We have the privilege to control the server for the best of everyone, but that's not the motive we are in a server. Just like everybody, we are in a server to forget about the outside world and have at least some fun for some minutes. When a teamkiller, cheater, or any other type of annoying player comes into the server and decides to do some hassle, sure, we are there and will surely get things done, but that's not a thing we are just so exhilarated to do for the whole day.

Think of this friendly fire feature as a little admin midget that gives us a hand so we don't always have to kick teamkillers, instead we have them to help. Even players that do friendly fire on purpose aren't necessarily teamkilling. They may be shooting their teammates enough to leave them weak so the enemy can finish them off, and that wouldn't show in the scoreboard as -2 frags.
Thanks given by:
Servers count teamkills separately, and if things went my way, the auto-teamkill-kick server extension would use those, rather than overall frags, to decide when to kick. And ban for persistent (reconnecting and) teamkilling.
Thanks given by:
The current server binaries do kick for excessive friendly fire:
Nov  2 15:10:14 : YANNIS-FRT kicked for excessive friendly fire
Nov  2 15:10:14 : disconnecting client YANNIS-FRT (auto-kick - team killing detected) cn 4...
Nov  2 15:12:06 : YANNIS-FRT kicked for excessive friendly fire
Nov  2 15:12:06 : disconnecting client YANNIS-FRT (auto-kick - team killing detected) cn 4...
Nov  2 15:27:58 : YANNIS-FRT kicked for excessive friendly fire
Nov  2 15:27:58 : disconnecting client YANNIS-FRT (auto-kick - team killing detected) cn 3...
Nov  2 17:31:11 : yannis-h kicked for excessive friendly fire
Nov  2 17:31:11 : disconnecting client yannis-h (auto-kick - team killing detected) cn 3...
Nov  2 17:35:33 : yannis-h kicked for excessive friendly fire
Nov  2 17:35:33 : disconnecting client yannis-h (auto-kick - team killing detected) cn 1...
but the exact amount of friendly fire to trigger is a grey area and, as you can see, it doesn't come with a ban for repeating it.
Thanks given by:
Block some players to shot friendly fire only for publics servers.
Just that.
Thanks given by:
I think that there should be no varying between players, as for some, not being able to kill your teammates could be seen as an advantage. I think it should be all on or all off.
Thanks given by:
(22 Dec 10, 01:43AM)jamz Wrote: The current server binaries do kick for excessive friendly fire:
***snipped the logs***
but the exact amount of friendly fire to trigger is a grey area and, as you can see, it doesn't come with a ban for repeating it.
You can change the exact number for autokick in your cfg (I think).

Auto ban would probably be a better solution in my opinion, or perhaps a new option in addition to autokick.
Thanks given by:
It hapen that i get autokick for teamkills cause of grenades tk's , so autoban for an error...
But if you reconnect 2 times after autokick , and if you continue tk's , the server already autoban you.
But i think there is a fail with nickname (im not sure) , you reconnect with a new name and that reset your score.
Thanks given by: