Simple first map does not meet quality requirements
I tried making a simple, semi-open, map and it keeps coming up saying that it's not supported in multiplayer and I should read the docs about map quality/dimensions. After checking the docs and making adjustments, it still comes up with this error. I'm not so much wanting to submit it to be played online. I'm not that proud of it. I just want to try it out with bots for concept purposes.

Could someone help me troubleshoot it? I don't know what information is needed, so whatever is needed, just let me know.

Thanks
Thanks given by:
Cant have a big pool, cant have flags too close, cant have pickups too close (unless its health or pistols), and cant have too much open space. Those are the main things it cant have, idk all of them u might have to look hard, but those I can tell u...

Good luck
Thanks given by:
Did you read this?
Thanks given by:
1 thong you should do (its a big mistake) Be SURE that there is only 1 pickup in a spot, once I had 2 on each other and i was p.o.
THING!!!, lol not thong**
Thanks given by:
(10 Dec 10, 11:53PM)Andrez Wrote: Did you read this?

Yes, I read that.
There's no large area that's empty, there are multiple small structures around, 2 "forts" at either side for CTF, and a medium sized structure in the middle at 16x16 with steps leading to the top 2 sides for 8 blocks and steps to the other sides from the inside to get back out. This structure is housing the akimbo. The pickups are separated decent and the ceiling is only about 20 blocks high with the larger structures at 10 block heights. 4 of the smaller structures are 8x8 closed in spots with 3 blocks high containing either a helmet or pistol ammo. There are also 4 half-structures of 2 walls the same as the other smaller structures, and the all contain grenades. At either side of the "fort" areas are 16x16 rooms containing ammo boxes, all 4 of these rooms are 10 blocks high. The "fort" itself is simply a staggered wall that's 3 blocks high in the low spots, and 5 blocks high at higher spots. The higher spots are also built up to a peak at about 10 block heights. These "forts" along with the rooms at either end are 128x16, so it's 16 blocks from front to back and spans the 128 block area. In the middle is a pit with the flag for the respective sides and a health pack.

The actual idea behind it was for CTF, but I was also wanting to try it out for playability in deathmatches.

Would it be better if I put my map online to be looked at better?
Thanks given by:
Yes it would be better. You didn't have to type any of that! Screenshots too please :D
Thanks given by:
I've uploaded screenshots to an imageshack album:
http://yfrog.com/dy20101210235554acprisonijx

And the map to my own web host:
< TBA >

Please excuse the graphical quality of the map, it's a rough draft and most of the textures are just to let me know what is what.

Edit: it appears that my host didn't like what I did with that folder, I'll get something else figured out...
Thanks given by:
Try http://tinyupload.com, but judging from the screenshots, your entire map is wide open. There appear to be no solid spaces at all except for the edges.
Thanks given by:
(11 Dec 10, 01:33AM)Gibstick Wrote: Try http://tinyupload.com, but judging from the screenshots, your entire map is wide open. There appear to be no solid spaces at all except for the edges.

I didn't know it had to have solid space. I thought it just had to have structures or something.

Here's the file just the same.
http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?fil...9531338969
Thanks given by:
The mapping docs explicitly state that solid geometry is required for creating playable maps in this engine! Just sayin..
Thanks given by:
hmmm... also where is your cla flag? i have a suspicion that the flags are too close also
Thanks given by:
You're map looks pretty neat. Too bad it doesn't meet the requirements, because the general idea would be fun to play on I think.
Thanks given by:
(11 Dec 10, 06:46PM)JGAN Wrote: hmmm... also where is your cla flag? i have a suspicion that the flags are too close also

The flags are on opposite sides, exactly in the middle, 8 blocks from the edge. They are behind the tallest section of the fort walls.
Thanks given by:
The scenario is just way too open, from what I saw on your screenshots (w/o viewing details). It's really sad, I know - especially if you look at what other engines can do - but that's the trick in mapping for AC. It's not about what the engine can do for you, but what you can do with the engine ;-)
If you "need" open spaces and breathtaking vistas and valleys dominated by a bunch of sniper spots -- go for Cube2 or some other high-end oriented engine. AC squeezes the most out the lowliest PC capable of running a 3D game - that's our niche.
Thanks given by:
(removed senseless quoting of entire message directly above this one *sheesh*)
I've actually scrapped that map and started from scratch building on the same basic idea. Just need to fill in the gaps on a larger map.
Thanks given by:
(11 Dec 10, 07:27PM)digitalhead Wrote:
(11 Dec 10, 06:46PM)JGAN Wrote: hmmm... also where is your cla flag? i have a suspicion that the flags are too close also

The flags are on opposite sides, exactly in the middle, 8 blocks from the edge. They are behind the tallest section of the fort walls.

i mean what is the distance in cubes between the flags?
Thanks given by:
(12 Dec 10, 06:40PM)JGAN Wrote: i mean what is the distance in cubes between the flags?

On that map, there are 112 cubes between them.
Thanks given by:
ah ok thats fine :)
Thanks given by:
I'm having the same problem. Maybe I have to much open space too. Thanks for the tip, fox_ares.
(10 Dec 10, 11:53PM)Andrez Wrote: Did you read this?

That link was also helpful. It is too bad you can't have a high roof. I guess that is my problem. :(
well, Thanks!
Thanks given by:
/newent pickup 1

:P
Thanks given by: