Md2 World Gun Tutorial for Q2Modeller
In order to copy an exsisting world-gun (vweap)`s animation to a custom one, you will need to use the old quake2-modeller. You can download it here:
http://www.gamers.org/pub/idgames2/plane...mdlr9b.zip

It's a windows program, but it works without problems on wine too.

I have made a screen capture of the process here:

http://depositfiles.com/files/k4hz9c4x5

Q2modeller viewport navigation:
To move around in the views, hold down shift+left mouse button. To zoom, use shift+right mouse button. To select verts or faces, just drag a box. To deselect, drag a box while pressing ALT.

1. Open the program. Then open an exsisting world model. For best results, chose a similar one (in size). Ac also has 2 diffrent animations for vweaps, one for the pistol and grenades, another one for the rest. In my example, I opened the subgun world model (packages/weapons/subgun/world ). Make sure the frame counter (in the lower left) is on frame 0, called "01stand".

2. Go "File -> Merge" and open your static world model. It needs to be in md2 format. For the example I used /packages/weapons/shotgun/menu , because it is a md2 with only one frame, just like your custom model should be.

3. Below the Frame counter, you will find the "Selection Mode" options. Click on "Face". The shotgun should be fully selected (yellow).

4. On the "M" tab, use move and rotate (and scale, if neccesary) to position your model properly in the place of the original. Using the gun's handle as orientation is recommended, since it always aligns with the right hand of the player model.

5. When you are happy with your positioning, use the Frame slider to go to the next frame (frame 1, called "02stand"). The merged model is now back in it's starting position. This is useful, because no
w you can select the vertices needed for the operation.

6. Change the "Select Mode" to "Vertex". Now you will need to select exactly 4 vertices of the original model. You will need to use the approximate outermost vertices, so if you connected the verts, you would get the most possible box shape that includes most of the model.

7. With the 4 verts selected, change to the "B" tab in the tool window. Move the frame slider back to the first frame. Click the "Align" button. Move the frame slider. If all went well, the two models should now follow the animation together. Make sure the model stays proper throughout the frames. In case you selected improper vertices, it might get squished around. If so, experiment with diffrent vertices.

8. Now it's time to delete the original model. Still in vertex select mode, go "Edit -> Select None" (or press #), so all vertices are deselected.

9. Change to Face select mode. Ideally, your custom model should still be fully selected. Now go "Edit -> Select Inverse" to select the original model.
On the "M" tab, click "Del. Selected" to delete the original model.

10. Go "File -> Export -> MD2"

If the align process doesn't work, make sure you have the custom model fully selected in face selection mode. When changing to vertex selection mode, nothing but the four "box" vertices may be shown selected.
Thanks given by:
Thank you makkE, been waiting for this tut for a while. :D
Thanks given by:
nearly forgot todo that, thx makkE
i think i should be able to get my model ingame with this :)
Thanks given by:
screen capture is an image taken by the computer to record the visible items displayed on the monitor.

This is an 56mb .avi that will take "Average download time in free mode: 17 minutes, in Gold mode ($11.95 ~ $74.95) - 1 minute"

youtube would rock to speed this up a bit....
Thanks given by:
thanks alot :)
Thanks given by:
nice tut makkE =)
Thanks given by:
:D YAYAYAYAYA, lol i likey
Thanks given by: