Ideas
Yep, a script has been made before, although it would be good if it was implemented into the game.
//Delayed vote script by DES|GeneralDisarray and Gibstick

// Reset the aliases just in case
cancelallvotes = [ votingno = 0; votingyes = 0; votetimestamp = 0]
cancelallvotes

vote_exec1 = [ vote 1; echo " 0You voted yes"; cancelallvotes ]
vote_exec2 = [ vote 2; echo " 3You voted no"; cancelallvotes ]

// $arg1 = millis
delayed_vote = [
    // only bother if we're actually due
    if (= ($votetimestamp) ($arg1) ) [
        if (= ($votingyes) 1) [ vote_exec1 ]
        if (= ($votingno) 1) [ vote_exec2 ]
    ] [
        echo "All this wait for nothing..."
    ]
]

delayed_vote_start = [ votetimestamp = (millis); sleep 5000 [ delayed_vote votetimestamp ] ]

delayvote1 = [
    if (= ($votingyes) 1) [
        // voting yes when already have voted yes, do it immediately
        vote_exec1
    ] [
        if (= ($votingno) 1) [
            // changed mind, cancel
            echo " 6You cancelled your F2"; cancelallvotes
        ] [
            // normal/first vote
            echo "Voting YES in five seconds!"; votingyes = 1; delayed_vote_start
        ]
    ]
]

delayvote2 = [
    if (= ($votingno) 1) [
        // voting no when already have voted no, do it immediately
        vote_exec2
    ] [
        if (= ($votingyes) 1) [
            // changed mind, cancel
            echo " 6You cancelled your F1"; cancelallvotes
        ] [
            // normal/first vote
            echo "Voting NO in five seconds!"; votingno = 1; delayed_vote_start
        ]
    ]
]
bind "F1" [delayvote1]
bind "F2" [delayvote2]

//Useless technical notes
//Script uses alias variables to determine the current voting state. If one is changed then the action is different, that is how the vote is "cancelled". But it is impossible to cancel a sleep and we ran into this problem. So GD came up with the miraculous and ingenious solution to use a timestamp to associate one F1/F2 with another. But he insisted that we use normal alias commands instead of push and pop. :D
Thanks given by:
Would it be eventually possible that whenever the server teamforces you to keep ammo/armour/health sums you had prior the change (sometimes you don't even change team :s ).

It is very frustrating when you've managed to get everything full up and then just when you reach enemy base you suddenly melt onto the floor and then respawn in whatever base stripped off everything it took you some time to collect.
Thanks given by:
f1 to that, Cleaner <3
Thanks given by:
Yeah, I agree Cleaner.
Thanks given by:
Happens to me right when I'm about to get an important kill :(
Thanks given by:
Again, I'm not sure if this thread is for official releases for AC as this thread is in Mapping and Modding, but today I got pretty p!553d when I was playing HTF and never lost my flag, and found out I had the lowest score on my team :x
I know the capture is the important part, but I think it'd also be fair to give some of the points to the flag-bearer.

Also somewhat related, in CTF, a "You assisted the flag run" or something would be great as well for those moments when you die right when you get to your base, after escaping the opposite base of the large CTF maps single-handedly, and unarmed scores all the points alone. Maybe set a timer for how long you are holding the flag and when you score, compare your teammates' times, total/divide them and distribute the points on that ratio. Reset each client's flag timer on scores of course.
Thanks given by:
(11 Dec 11, 04:29AM)Felix-The-Ghost Wrote: Again, I'm not sure if this thread is for official releases for AC as this thread is in Mapping and Modding, but today I got pretty p!553d when I was playing HTF and never lost my flag, and found out I had the lowest score on my team :x
I know the capture is the important part, but I think it'd also be fair to give some of the points to the flag-bearer.
You get points for holding the flag in KTF, and in HTF you can get more points when you kill the enemy while holding the flag.

Thanks given by:
You do get points for assisting a flag capture, but I agree that an announcement would make me feel better about myself when I die with the flag.
Thanks given by:
Yeah even not changing the points given, just changing the message from "unarmed scored for your team" to "Felix and unarmed scored for your team".
Thanks given by:
Implement the ability to pick up the remaining primary ammo from dead clients.

Also, try to fix the sound manager. Many times some sounds get skipped altogether (especially in custom scripts). Increasing /maxsoundsatonce doesn't seem to fix that.
Thanks given by:
Ability to undo entity operations.
Thanks given by:
V-Man Wrote:You do get points for assisting a flag capture, but I agree that an announcement would make me feel better about myself when I die with the flag.
Are you sure? You're not talking about "defending the flag"? If not, is it awarded equally or distributed by time/ratios like mentioned earlier?

edit: If time ratio calculation would be too hard to implement (which I don't think it would be) it'd be easier to award the person who originally took the flag from the enemy base and whoever captured it (whether they are the same person or not)
Thanks given by:
A "king of the hill" mode. Basically it's control points with only 1 point.

Each team starts out with the same amount of time on their clocks. Only 1 team can own the control point at any time. When a team gains control of the control point, their clocks start to count down. Teams gain control of the point by standing near the control point (and keeping enemies away) for a certain period of time. The team that runs their clock down to 0 first, wins the match.

Mappers would probably have to add a control point entity to their maps for it to be compatible with the mode:

[cubescript]/newent controlpoint RADIUS[/cubescript]

The point should be clearly indicated on the radar/minimap, as well as both team's clocks displayed on the HUD at all times.
Thanks given by:
^yayayay do it.
xD
Thanks given by:
Could reuse flag entities for that. IIRC that's what Luc@s did when he implemented something very similar (capture mode).
Thanks given by:
(12 Dec 11, 12:30PM)Bukz Wrote: A "king of the hill" mode.

Grenade spam! It has been mentioned before, but not by a dev :D
Thanks given by:
(12 Dec 11, 04:51PM)macm Wrote: Grenade spam! It has been mentioned before, but not by a dev :D

Remove grenades for that mode.
Thanks given by:
No you wouldn't have to remove grenades, just make the "hills" like the large, often multi-room "bot survival" areas (might be SVN only)
Bot survival = king of the hill :P

It can be done. Just need to be able to specify zones in the editor via cubes.
Thanks given by:
There is even a map "King of the hill". This is on COD and is called "Headquarters" but AC is cooler!
Thanks given by:
I think I've seen a machine gun ammo mapmodel before, it'd be great to have some more mapmodels/textures official :)
Thanks given by:
Yes more mapmodels. There are lots around we should have a vote for the ones to be added and maps could then have a wider range of mapmodels.
Thanks given by:
(12 Dec 11, 06:28AM)Felix-The-Ghost Wrote:
V-Man Wrote:You do get points for assisting a flag capture, but I agree that an announcement would make me feel better about myself when I die with the flag.
Are you sure? You're not talking about "defending the flag"? If not, is it awarded equally or distributed by time/ratios like mentioned earlier?
If you have hudextras 2 then you see "you defended the flag carrier" or something like that.
Thanks given by:
Yeah, but I'm not talking about that. I mean when more than one person physically carries the flag in one go :/
Thanks given by:
Yes, I am quite sure that if you carry a flag, you get points just for picking it up.
The message is, "You have the flag!!!!!1" (paraphrased)
Thanks given by:
From memory, you get literally one point for picking it up, but if you drop it you lose the point...

Edit:If I had to guess from what I was able to test alone, you get 1*curplayers for picking it up, and 13*curplayers for scoring.

that's 13 times the points >:(

Also, I was manually dropping the flag, not sure if that affects it.
Thanks given by:
Felix: You get 10 points for picking up the flag, -10 for dropping it, and -20 for losing it. So ultimately, if you have an attempted flag score which failed, you would get -10 points regarding flags.

To everyone: It has been mentioned in the past about whether to remove or not the loss of points when dropping the flag manually, since sometimes it is used strategically esp. in clan matches. Has this been considered in the upcoming version or it's still an idea lingering in the air?
Thanks given by:
I drop it intentionally. Pretty much everyone who plays CTF well binds /dropflag to LCTRL or another key.

I only got 1 point for getting the flag, and dropping it lowered my score by 1, but perhaps it has to do with the current number of connected players.

I don't think you should lose points for dropping it, but of course I realize then we will have to not reward points to the same person on pickup to avoid score boosting ;)
Thanks given by:
Lol, Wolf, the reason you lose the 10 points is so you can't abuse the system, i.e. dropping and grabbing back and forth between a teammate in order to limitlessly accrue points.
Thanks given by:
Ah, yes Viper, I hadn't thought about it like that :)
Thanks given by:
The best idea I've heard about this was to consider how close to the base each player moved the flag. Those who brought the flag longer distances should get more points in that consideration.
Thanks given by: