Ideas
Can a gun actually have horizontal recoil?? By basic physics and logic I'll go with "no", but is there?

[changing topic] I would really like the idea of a kill-cam :) [/changing topic]
Thanks given by:
I actually mentioned lateral recoil of some kind in the weapon balance thread.
It could be another factor that could separate the SMG and AR.
Thanks given by:
Wolf, knowing you im not suggesting this (:P hehe) but go out and by a sub machine gun or assault rifle. Shoot it. then tell me if it has horizontal recoil.

edit: I think it does. just the recoil jerks your arm and then you move to aim and well yeah.
Thanks given by:
- Make a native alias which is called when a vote comes up
- Make a read-only variable describing what a pending vote is about
- http://forum.cubers.net/thread-2116.html

Okay, boys and girls:
http://baconbukz.co.cc/up/uploads/Ideas%...ummary.txt
Just in time for the next version... XD
Thanks given by:
You don't actually know how many times I read your other one, V-Man. :P

I meant this.
Thanks given by:
V-man is script-man
Thanks given by:
(25 Jan 11, 08:08AM)DES|V-Man Wrote: - Make a native alias which is called when a vote comes up
- Make a read-only variable describing what a pending vote is about
YES, that would make my vote-cancel script so much smaller.
Thanks given by:
(25 Jan 11, 11:19AM)Orynge Wrote: You don't actually know how many times I read your other one, V-Man. :P

:D That makes me feel happy and useful! :D

@Gibstick: PM me your current vote-cancel script, I had an idea the other day about making it smaller.
Thanks given by:
(24 Jan 11, 11:57PM)|BC|Wolf Wrote: Can a gun actually have horizontal recoil?? By basic physics and logic I'll go with "no", but is there?

Hold it like a gangster
Thanks given by:
(25 Jan 11, 08:52PM)DES|V-Man Wrote:
(25 Jan 11, 11:19AM)Orynge Wrote: You don't actually know how many times I your other one, V-Man. :P

You what my other what? :-P

Urgh, I was tired :P
I edited it.
Thanks given by:
FFS, I'm sorry Ronald, I completely ignored your notes.
I am emergency-updating the ideas thread summary list:
http://baconbukz.co.cc/up/uploads/REAL_I...ummary.txt
The list now has 222 entries.
Thanks given by:
What is "- FPS-independent mouse tracking"?
Thanks given by:
it is running two threads, one that checks mouse input and one that does all the rest engine stuff.
it would let ppl with high end mouses benefit from their faster polling rates, and ppl with normal mouses but with poor fps performance benefit from a steadier mouse.
(but it's pretty much pointless given the effort needed to implement it safely and portable)
Thanks given by:
*in game clock
*HUD gun in demos

EDIT: in game clock as in a little clock syaing how much time is left in the game.
Thanks given by:
(26 Jan 11, 03:18PM)MykeGregory Wrote: *in game clock

That shows the actual time for your timezone or the elapsed game time? Actual clock might be handy in helping to prevent me from losing large periods of unaccounted for time. "Man, there is no way I've been playing AC for 4 hours straight, are you kidding me?!

Thanks given by:
Try using this:
http://akimbo.in/files/index.php?act=view&id=538
Thanks given by:
(26 Jan 11, 07:59PM)DES|V-Man Wrote: Try using this:
http://akimbo.in/files/index.php?act=view&id=538

Nice! Thanks
Thanks given by:
BTW: as to the issue of recoil... the truth is that the AR looks like it is based off of the M-16A3 (5.56 x 45mm NATO), I have fired these assault rifles on countless occasions... and they have almost no recoil at all... almost like shooting a .22 . The power is not in the size of the rounds, but the fact that the round tends to tumble, and produce hydrostatic shock on impact, likely completely incapacitating immediately.

I have also fired an MP5-N (9x19mm, (subsonic 9mm round)) on plenty of occasions, and this is what the SMG in AC reminds me of. A lot of smgs also tend to have EVEN LESS recoil than AR's, because they are designed to fire subsonic pistol rounds, (as in most are below the velocity of 9mm, which most of you may know are supersonic, breaking the sound barrier and causing the loud cracking noise they are known for.) but through a nearly rifle-length barrel, reducing the recoil tremendously. SMG's are usually .22lr, .22mag, 380, 9x19mm, or 10mm. Well, unless you count the Tommy Gun... which shoots .45's o.0.

A good example of the carbine is a Ruger mini 14. I personally have 2 of these, passed down to me from my wife's parents. They fire the .223, which is also a VERY low recoil round.

Haven't fired many sniper rifles, but I have a CZ VZ-24 that fires a 7.92x57mm mauser (very similar to a .308) , And an Ishapore .308 and they both try knock my shoulder off, so the recoil in the game is very close to what it should be.

The most realistic Weapons on the game are the Shotty, and the pistol, as far as recoil.

So, truth be told, the recoil on AC is not very realistic at all. But I think it needs to be the way it is, b/c it adds to the excitement of playing, and the amount of skill needed.

BLAH BLAH BLAH... I just mean I like everything like it is.... :D
Thanks given by:
Well, all I know now is that I don't want to meet you in a dark street.
Thanks given by:
We should get 3D sharks. They'd be epic if you got a 3 kill killstreak
Thanks given by:
(28 Jan 11, 06:49AM)Huntsman Wrote: We should get 3D sharks. They'd be epic if you got a 3 kill killstreak

Carry on, everyone. Nothing to see here. Just 3D sharks received from a 3 kill streak (lolwut?)
Thanks given by:
Random messages whenever AC loads,
like "Getting your next frag is probably more important than that work you have to get done"
or "Ignore the PAIN! Ignore the HUNGER! There are noobs to frag!".

Or something like that :P
Thanks given by:
Lol that's a great idea. xD
Thanks given by:
For you Orynge. :)
Thanks given by:
(24 Jan 11, 11:57PM)|BC|Wolf Wrote: Can a gun actually have horizontal recoil?? By basic physics and logic I'll go with "no", but is there?

[changing topic] I would really like the idea of a kill-cam :) [/changing topic]

one aspect of shooting correctly in real life wolf is that you have to take into effect your breathing (up, down) and trigger pull (left, right) and the recoil (up, or down depending on weapon). However, the only known weapon with a horizontal recoil was the uzi. the uzi's recoil created a "sideways walk" which was why the 9mm ingram took over.
Thanks given by:
i think we can get more out of the maps,
take the skymap as an example, imagine a skymap changing from sunrise to sunset, from day to night...

this would be possible if cubescript was allowed in the map.CFG

so it could change the skymap, gamma, fog, (skins maybe idk),
something like:
alias skymapmod [
loadsky (concatword "packages/textures/skymaps/skymod/sunny" (minutesremaining));
sleep 60000 [skymapmod]
]

//i dont know if this will work, its just an example

i just thought it could give a nice effect to the maps/game

Thanks given by:
(28 Jan 11, 08:43PM)Bukz Wrote: For you Orynge. :)

:DDDDD
That's awesome, thanks Bukz. :)
Thanks given by:
Bukz, your akimbo countdown script gives me "unknown command: if". I do have V-Man's tools.cfg and that message keeps repeating itself every like .25 seconds.
Thanks given by:
Bukz, CubeScript isn't python. Try putting a few things on the same line.
Thanks given by:
Don't see any reason for it to be causing an error like that O_o, anyone else having the same issue?

Edit:

Also, although the MPL stats script is an exception, I believe in readability/ease of modification > efficiency (at least in short, non saved alias dependant scripts), but I still prefer a loop + format over line spam anyday. :P
Thanks given by: