Ideas
Near miss hit box. For snipers only. Create a larger box around the head that will allow us to pull stats when this box is hit. It would be very interesting to know how many times you grazed their head. :D
Thanks given by:
I actually like that feature, its kinda funky and useless, and fits in with AC well :)
Thanks given by:
You know people will collect stats on it to show how many headshots they would have gotten if the hitbox hadn't been adjusted.
Thanks given by:
While messing around with some water I noticed that at the highest water quality setting I gained about 6 fps over the lowest quality setting. The mid-high settings give me 7-8 fps back. In fact, the lowest quality setting actually slows my framerate the most. It may just be my gpu but if not I'd really recommend taking a look at how water is created and animated.
Thanks given by:
Really?
Are you referring to /watersubdiv ?
Thanks given by:
Yes. At the highest setting I have 6-7 more fps than at the lowest. The difference becomes greater as the volume of water visible increases.
Thanks given by:
dev's should make on near of servers menu thing what should show how many players are online and how many servers are:):*

big love from darkNet:D!
Thanks given by:
Oh -- The "highest quality" would be a low value; when you go /watersubdiv 1 , for example, you'll see lots of detail of water surface turbulence. If your watersubdiv is 64 (which is the "lowest quality"), it will fluctuate as a single mass with no noticeable wave texture. Take a look at water.cpp, lines 58-73:
extern int nquads;

#define renderwaterstrips(vertw, hf, t) \
    for(int x = wx1; x<wx2; x += watersubdiv) \
    { \
        glBegin(GL_TRIANGLE_STRIP); \
        vertw(x,             wy1, hf, t); \
        vertw(x+watersubdiv, wy1, hf, t); \
        for(int y = wy1; y<wy2; y += watersubdiv) \
        { \
            vertw(x,             y+watersubdiv, hf, t); \
            vertw(x+watersubdiv, y+watersubdiv, hf, t); \
        } \
        glEnd(); \
        nquads += (wy2-wy1-1)/watersubdiv; \
    }
Especially that last part, where nquads is modified by an equation divided by watersubdiv. Thus, it isn't a direct relation, but an inverse relation.
Thanks given by:
Ideas:

*Follow a player (like for a match or to ban that h4x0r on another server)
/follow CN

*View screenshots ingame (same as demo menu, except for screenshots. its just annoying to go and find the ac folder to view your screenshots)
Thanks given by:
(27 Nov 10, 03:51AM)JGAN Wrote: *View screenshots ingame (same as demo menu, except for screenshots. its just annoying to go and find the ac folder to view your screenshots)

I made this with Cubescript utilizing the map preview feature, the one where an image of the map is displayed in miniature to the right of the menu. Problem is it isn't much use unless your screenshots happen to be of low resolution.

On that note, an option to specify the size of screenshots would be wonderful.
Thanks given by:
(27 Nov 10, 03:51AM)JGAN Wrote: Ideas:

*Follow a player (like for a match or to ban that h4x0r on another server)
/follow CN

Nice idea JGAN! I think this feature would be excellent. No more trying to find people on a server, just plain /follow cn and the moment they leave the server you leave with them. There should also be a confirmation message for the wanted-to-be-followed guy. For example, I do /follow 5, and the player with the cn 5 will get a message that says something like "X players wants to follow you. Yes/No." And probably even a command that would deactivate this feature like /nofollow when you're playing a match not interested in a game so you don't get bothered, and the person trying to follow the player would get a message like "This player has this feature deactivated".

Also, something like /stopfollow to stop whatever follow command running.

So to sum this idea up:
  • Follow players by typing /follow CN
  • The wanted-to-be-followed player will get a confirmation message
  • Players can deactivate this feature with a command like /nofollow
  • When a player does /follow CN to a player that has this feature deactivated he would get a message like "Sorry, X player has the follow feature disabled".
  • A command like /stopfollow for the follow feature to stop completely, until applied again.
Thanks given by:
It could probably just be tied into the changefollowplayer ident.
Thanks given by:
Remember when I had you attempt to write a script doing that exact same thing V-Mang?

Nostalgia...
Thanks given by:
My favorite fail besides the 1.0.4 accuracy. ^_^
I'd love to have more access to spectate functions. :D
Thanks given by:
New cubescript variables for the current round's # of hits. Possibly allow us to not only see the hits of ourselves, but others (similar to pstat) as well.

Psuedo-code examples:
echo (hits 6 (findcn $curname))
Would echo the # of hits you have with the Assault Rifle.
echo (hits <0 (findcn $curname))
Would echo the # of hits you have for ALL weapons.
echo (hits 5 (findcn "unarmed"))
Would echo the # of hits unarmed has with the Sniper Rifle.

This would allow scripters to calculate accuracy (accurately :P) via pstat_weap and these new variables.
Thanks given by:
Or just give CubeScript access to the accuracy data. :-P
Thanks given by:
Edit: Decided to move this somewhere else. It was basically an anti-phishing measure.
Thanks given by:
Sorry if I seem dense about this, but... Why?
Thanks given by:
maybe , if you're spec'ing someone , then it would be nice if you could see hud weapon too:)
Thanks given by:
I found a link to V-Man's log of ideas for 1.1 (probably not current, only from 1.0.0.4).
I fixed it up with strike throughs where suggestions have been implemented, and annotated it with my reasons, and clarifications. These annotations are pretty much non-biased.
My updated ideas (only strike throughs) can be found here. Along with my biased notes. Here!
My biased notes and thoughts are also below.
"Single-player and Bots" YES YES YES! I agree to all :D

-------Weapons: General---
"4 - No: Make some weapons too powerful" Balance is alread a problem
"5 - More damage when shooting head… 1 - No: Make SMG too powerful" Very true, although it might be nice. I feel this suggestion would be nice, but is far off.
"1 - No automatic switch to akimbo on pickup" Maybe we could add a CS var to change this on and off for the user.
"1 - Option to spawn with no primary weapon, and in return have higher speed" What would the use of this be?
-------Weapons: Grenades---
"2 - Ability to plant a nade in a wall" Could be nice for some more tatical CMs
"4 - Disable bouncing off players" Yes, for sure. Not much to say on this rather than saying I would love the devs for fixing this <3
"1 - Kills in close proximity regardless of armor" I agree on this point. However, there have been marines who have jumped on grenades (to save mates) and have survived. Tid bit of info there, if you want to make this a realistic game (ha). Maybe random chance, 1 out of 1000 (of surviving)?
"4 - Shooting a nade causes it to explode && 2 - Shooting a nade changes its trajectory" Makes AC too complicated.
"1 - Increase damage by 20%" Not sure if this has been done or not, but I say no. The damage is high enough already.
"1 - Can't use nades 30 seconds after last pair" Too random it seems, why would this ever occur? Too limiting.
-------Weapons: SMG---
"1 - SMG headshots" No, just no. I have a feeling this was a joke comment…
-------Weapons: Sniper---
"1 - Give one frag for a headshot-kill" No, we need something the sniper is good at.
-------Weapons: Shotgun---
"1 - More damage when shooting head" If so, should be expanded to other weapons, not just shotty. I think this should not be done.
"3 - Option to reload one shell, cutting back reload time" Could be nice
-------Weapons: AR---
"5 - Bullets penetrate to other players (% reduced damage per hit)" I think this again would make the game too complicated.
-------Weapons: Pistol---
"7 - Increase power… 1 - No: Should not be used as a primary weapon" I agree with the no, that is a valid point. However would the damag change this?
"1 - Smaller clip (5)… 1 - No: Too small for a handgun" Agreed
-------Weapons: Knife---
"2 - Ability to throw knife" Makes game too much like COD
-------Weapons: Use---
"1 - Ability to change primary weapons while still alive" I actually thought about this at one time. Might be interesting to check out in a mod and see if we like.
"4 - Ability to abort reloading process… 1 - No: Reloading is a good vulnerability gameplay variable" Valid point there.
-------Weapons: New Types---
"1 – RPG, 5 ammo" Joke suggestion?
"1 – Ironsights… 1 – No: Will slow down gameplay and encourage camping" Agreed

-------Conventions: Votes---
"1 – Give warning when server is about to forceteam you" For sure. Be a nice bit of polish on the game
"2 - Admin vote is more of an executive decision and does not interfere with pending votes" Just thinking about that. Great idea.
"3 - "Nextmap" votes for the map following the "natural" end of the current map" I have been noticing I have wanted this myself.
"2 - Allow to specify a time for which to ban… 1 - No: Opportunity for admin abuse with excessive ban times" What about having a limiter? To maybe 30 mins? 20 default. 'YAY lets make AC like IRC some more!'
"2 - Autoshuffle at the end of each map (on/off setting by vote)" Again, I have been wanting this myself
"2 - Disallow voting for the same map 3 times in a row" Yes, I hate patrolling my servers for people like this. -Aac_desert FTW!
"1 - Autokick for refusing to vote" No, voting is something someone is allowed to choose to do. Which societys has it been a requirement?
"1 - Option to cancel or withdraw vote" I have always wanted this. From the start, when I accidentally get the wrong cn.
-------Conventions: Stat calculations / Scoreboard---
"2 - Official ladder system that all servers mandatorily report to" Lets just keep 3rd party ladders for now.
"4 - "Kill Streak" tracking" Eh, makes this game too much like the others. However, might be able to increase competition somehow.
"2 - "Experience" && 5 - "Rank" -- and govern who can join a match based on it" No, makes AC too complex. Keep it simple. I like em dirty and rough around the edges sometimes.
"2 - Show who has flag on scoreboard" Could be nice.
-------Conventions: Intermission---
"1 - Automatic shuffleteams at intermission" Could be nice for pubs, and for servers such as the now-late hi-skill.
"1 - Entertaining animation at intermission" CS FTW! Peanut Butter Jelly Time…
"2 - Do not show scoreboard at all until intermission" No, what would the point of this be?
"1 - Keep client numbers in numerical order" Expanding on that idea, we should allow different ways to sort the scoreboard.

-------Pickups---
"1 - Drop ammo on death; can be picked up by others" No, too much like COD
"1 - Drop primary weapon on death; can be picked up by others… 1 - No: Would change gameplay too much; also, omitting this shows skill better" The second comment has a good point there. I agree, one primary weapon per life.
"2 - "Upgrade" primary weapon pickup, similar to akimbo" I have been wanting more upgrades besides Akimbo. But "1 - No: Too complicated for AssaultCube's engine" Yes, lets use different upgrades then the provided examples.
"1 - Rocket launcher, 4 rounds, lasts as long as akimbo" Again, no Rocket Launcers!

-------Modes---
"5 - Go through walls for easier following" Would be nice and easy to do.
"1 - "Rambo" (Knife-only, but with a powerful weapon hidden somewhere on map)" No, the powerful weapon would be too powerful :P

-------Misc---
"1 - Throw objects" No, too complicated for AC engine.
"2 - Walljump… 1 - Yes: Other games do not monopolize this feature" Go play BF or RedEclipse
"1 - Ability to climb ladders backwards" Relating to my annotation, you can, press forward, and then back, walking straight backwards into the ladder. Please keep this 'glitch'
"1 - In-game "clan integration"" I would like a way to make a clan tag separate from the name.

-------General---
"1 - Classes" Too complex, too much like other games.
"3 - Health regeneration… 5 - No: Health packs are sufficient" Yea, health packs are good enough. I like this style more than Halos style.
-------General: Damage---
"6 - Disable friendly-fire and team-killing with it && 1 - Reduce damage from friendly fire" Maybe only for pubs and such? The second comment could be a nice comprimise
"1 - Disable friendly-fire at the end of round-based modes" Yes, for sure on pubs. I still noob-tk on osok once and awhile.
"5 - Enable damage if falling from a high place" Lets keep AC simple
--------General: Universal Policy---
"1 - Autokick inactive or excessively chatty players" Nooo I like being chatty. Though AFK is here, and I like it.
"1 - Loading screen displays a list of rules, to warn against blacklisting" Be a way to make it so the rules are seen, rather than the lesser seen extended server info.
--------General: New Features---
"2 - Enable mapmodel download via Master Server" I would like it, however, I like low bandwith capabilitys. 'Yes, but its optional' Yes, but everyone will use this option.
--------General: Voicecom---
"2 - More (perhaps "thanks")… 4 - "ahasuahasuahauasuha"" I would love to hear that coming over the voicecom.

-------HUD: General---
"1 - minimap rotates relative to player orientation" We should add a CS var to this if implemented.
-------HUD: Console---
"5 - Team-color-coded names; e.g., "(red)unarmed fragged (blue) unarmed"" YES YES YES, would make it all so easy.
"1 - Toggle chat (separate from other console text output)" Been wanting this myself
"3 - Show weapon icon of what was used to frag" Not really needed because we have those more custom kill messages.
"2 - Cross-server clan-chat" Just use IRC. But expanding on that, We need IRC support ;)

-------Skins: General---
"1 - Download clan skin pack optionally with regular AC install" Lets have a seperate pack. Only with skins of well known/active clans (DES, w00p, TyD, B}, KH ect.) Probably 3rd party, not actually made by devs.

-------Utilitys: New Features---
"1 - Disable scripting attack and movement commands" No, I like having attack so we can spawn. However, you cannot really use it for anything besides spawning and keybinding, just like movement.

-------Editing---
"1 - In co-op mode, display in the text console changes being made" Oohhh, good idea. If we could toggle it.
Thanks given by:
AC forum is a troll lair and the comunity is fictional. There is no point in sharing anything with it, joining it is an error.
Thanks given by:
@Ronald_Reagan:
I've been starting to think about doing that update, good job!

Sorry I forgot to show you this:
http://baconbukz.co.cc/up/uploads/Audrey...ahasua.wav

@François:
Oui!
Thanks given by:
Francois:

- team pistol frenzy mode - maybe

- player's corpse screentime adjustable - already working on that ;)

- player's country on whois/country flag in scoretable - not a good idea imho.
Thanks given by:
Just curious, what problem could a scoretable flag cause?
Thanks given by:
AC forum is a troll lair and the comunity is fictional. There is no point in sharing anything with it, joining it is an error.
Thanks given by:
You'd think something as intertwining as the internet would have braced people against that already. :/ GG xenophobia.
Thanks given by:
(03 Dec 10, 01:57PM)makkE Wrote: - team pistol frenzy mode - maybe

Already PF isn't played that much that this justify such implementation.

It makes more sense to imlement a real KNIFE-ONLY-MODE, cause it's annoying how often OSOK/TOSOK has been "abused" to do something similar in the past years.
Thanks given by:
Re: Crap maps

Only allow servers to contact the masterserver if a non-crap map is in play. Official maps and an additional list of acceptable custom maps allowed.

And instead of displaying player locations, why not optionally display/sort by server locations?

Furthermore, an option to remove servers from your list based on location, ping, description, ip, etc.
Thanks given by:
(03 Dec 10, 03:59PM)François Wrote: I guess xenophobia...this is the internet by the way, if someone can't deal with foreigners, he should try the chess club in his hometown.
That's just one point.
2) Why would you need it? Does it really matter where someone lives (or even just connects from - Laptop+Hotel/Airport/... WLAN anyone?)
3) Would require a lot of coding.
4) The library for accessing the most common free IP location database, MaxMind GeoLite, is licensed under the GPL.
Thanks given by:
Country flags in server: (some) Sauerbraten servers display country on connect. Backport! Just like everything else!
Thanks given by: