Ideas
(01 Jul 13, 01:01PM)Andrez Wrote:
(01 Jul 13, 12:49PM)-DIE Wolf- Wrote:
AC is already better than CS.

yes and Mario 64 is the best game ever made
Thanks given by:
(01 Jul 13, 12:49PM)-DIE Wolf- Wrote: LAST WORDS: "I WILL NERVER STOP FIGHTING FOR BIGGER MAP!"[/color]

You better do if you don't want to get the boot!
Thanks given by:
(01 Jul 13, 01:06PM)|HP| Wrote: yes and Mario 64 is the best game ever made

Not until the devs release their sexy stripper mode plugin for 1.2 ... OH Shit I wasn't supposed to tell you that!
Thanks given by:
HEy , i am seriously. Rearly seriously.
I need bigger map and i know our enineer can handle it. Why in coop mode player can play so big map but in other mode can?
Just upgrade the max height to 40 and max area is 15 000. It's okay!
I'm just want good to Assault Cube! Upgrade it and AC will much more beter than CS !
I creat many maps (great) and i know how mapper feel. They need tall and bigger map, do u understand me now ? :)
Thanks given by:
(02 Jul 13, 05:21AM)-DIE Wolf- Wrote: HEy , i am seriously. Rearly seriously.
I need bigger map and i know our enineer can handle it. Why in coop mode player can play so big map but in other mode can?
I'm just want good to Assault Cube! Upgrade it and AC will much more beter than CS !
I creat many maps (great) and i know how mapper feel. They need tall and bigger map, do u understand me now ? :)
nop
Thanks given by:
(02 Jul 13, 05:21AM)-DIE Wolf- Wrote: do u understand me now ? :)

:DDD
Thanks given by:
(02 Jul 13, 05:21AM)-DIE Wolf- Wrote: I need bigger map and i know our enineer can handle it.

Maybe your computer can handle more, but AC has always aimed to be playable on older machines too. So keep that in mind, bigger does not always = better.

Current ceiling height is fine, and if you make a map properly it's still possible to have very tall rooms. Having a bigger max area is pretty ridiculous, ac_douze is a huge open area and any bigger than that and the map probably wouldn't even work within ac's gameplay.

(02 Jul 13, 05:21AM)-DIE Wolf- Wrote: I creat many maps (great) and i know how mapper feel.

I'm yet to see any of these maps (great) uploaded here other than a few ok gemas. Post some in the mapping section :)
Thanks given by:
(02 Jul 13, 10:53PM)Z3R0 Wrote:
(02 Jul 13, 05:21AM)-DIE Wolf- Wrote: I need bigger map and i know our enineer can handle it.

Maybe your computer can handle more, but AC has always aimed to be playable on older machines too. So keep that in mind, bigger does not always = better.

Current ceiling height is fine, and if you make a map properly it's still possible to have very tall rooms. Having a bigger max area is pretty ridiculous, ac_douze is a huge open area and any bigger than that and the map probably wouldn't even work within ac's gameplay.

(02 Jul 13, 05:21AM)-DIE Wolf- Wrote: I creat many maps (great) and i know how mapper feel.

I'm yet to see any of these maps (great) uploaded here other than a few ok gemas. Post some in the mapping section :)

I was upload my gema pack in mapping!
So... Why we can play big map in coop mode but not in other mode?
Thanks given by:
(03 Jul 13, 06:02AM)-DIE Wolf- Wrote: So... Why we can play big map in coop mode but not in other mode?
You don't play in coop. You create the map in coop to ensure it fits the requisites so that the game allows you to vote it in other modes.
Thanks given by:
(03 Jul 13, 06:02AM)-DIE Wolf- Wrote: I was upload my gema pack in mapping!
So... Why we can play big map in coop mode but not in other mode?

You must understand something, it's not about how the engine handle it, it's all about how small 10 years old computer can handle the map trough the non-well optimized engine for huge maps.
Thanks given by:
Okay, coop can play big map, other mode can 100% !
But our creator- people make AC NOT ALLOW US to vote it IN cTF,TDM,.... modes.
Move to TRON server, vote u big map in coop - is will work, nothing happend!
And then, vote that big map but in other gamemode, it cant play!
WHY ?
Thanks given by:
I really won't bother lol.
Thanks given by:
Coop clearly isn't a mode for actual gameplay. Any map can be voted in coop, doesn't mean it meets the requirements of a playable map. How do you suppose people fix broken maps if they can't be coop'd?

In short: Big maps not work, big maps not going to work ever. Old computers can't do big maps.
Thanks given by:
idea #1723857B

the user should be able to control what weapon bots use
Thanks given by:
I thought you could create bots using certain weapons :o
Thanks given by:
how?

teach me master
Thanks given by:
(16 Jul 13, 05:39PM)MerCyKiL Wrote: idea #1723857B

+1
actually it's planned for future versions
you will also be able to spawn a bot where you want
Thanks given by:
W00T W00T!!! what i was looking for!!!!
Thanks given by:
(16 Jul 13, 08:49PM)Luc@s Wrote: actually it's planned for future versions

...like 1.2, I hope...
Thanks given by:
(16 Jul 13, 10:48PM)PhaNtom Wrote:
(16 Jul 13, 08:49PM)Luc@s Wrote: actually it's planned for future versions

...like 1.2, I hope...

No, 1.1.0.6 -_-'

Luc@s, is VonDrakula still around?
Thanks given by:
(16 Jul 13, 08:49PM)Luc@s Wrote: +1

For what version? 1.2 or later?
Thanks given by:
Later
Thanks given by:
woo another 4 years
Thanks given by:
(17 Jul 13, 09:10AM)Luc@s Wrote: Later

I could accept that, but I would like to know, the reason of why this change is left for later versions. Thanks.
Thanks given by:
(16 Jul 10, 12:54AM)Mael Wrote: Ability to specify what weapons bots may and may not use.
Yes, good idea. Now that 1.2 bots are slightly better this idea is feasible and a real motivation.
(16 Jul 10, 01:32AM)V-Man Wrote: Yeah! Maybe another argument in "addbot" or "addnbot"?
I'd say for both commands since addnbot calls addbot 'n' times
(16 Jul 10, 02:33AM)DrauL Wrote: You could use the weapon numbers found here as the next argument.
Better yet! Why not the weapon name? and even more better! Why not make the weapon name case-insensitve?
(16 Jul 13, 05:39PM)MerCyKiL Wrote: idea #1723857B
Yeah 3+ year later arises again.

(16 Jul 13, 08:49PM)Luc@s Wrote: you will also be able to spawn a bot where you want
Personally I don't like that idea much. :(

No way, it's too much time for such a feature to be added.
(17 Jul 13, 04:31AM)TheNihilanth Wrote:
For what version? 1.2 or later?
(17 Jul 13, 09:10AM)Luc@s Wrote: Later
In fact, thinking it better, I can't really accept that.
No way. Too much time for such a simple feature to add!
It's kind of disappointing to see 70+ pages with ideas most them not implemented.
But that is going to change. In my limited spare time I'll code the ideas (from the Ideas thread) I like and think can be funny/etc/etc (I have some in progress) and post the patches.
If you have by any chance and artistic skill send me pm if you want to help in some way.

To begin with, below is the code patch which allows the addbot and addnbot commands to add a bot which spawns with a specific weapon.
Valid weapon parameters are (case-insensitive): knife, pistol, carbine,
shotgun, subgun, sniper, assault, grenade and akimbo. Default is 'assault'.

Example:

/addbot CLA bad kkk sniper

/addnbot 300 CLA bad shotgun

[For Rev. 7505]
Thanks given by:
(21 Jul 13, 12:03AM)TheNihilanth Wrote: It's kind of disappointing to see 70+ pages with ideas most them not implemented.
But that is going to change. In my limited spare time I'll code the ideas from the Ideas thread that I like.

[Image: tumblr_maglxz0DET1rb8x68o1_400.gif]
Thanks given by:
(21 Jul 13, 12:03AM)TheNihilanth Wrote: [For Rev. 7505]

Your line endings are all snarfed to me. Maybe text wrangler lies to me when it says it auto detects as Windows CRLF. Pastebin?
Thanks given by:
(21 Jul 13, 12:03AM)TheNihilanth Wrote: In fact, thinking it better, I can't really accept that.
No way. Too much time for such a simple feature to add!
It's kind of disappointing to see 70+ pages with ideas most them not implemented.
But that is going to change. In my limited spare time I'll code the ideas (from the Ideas thread) I like and think can be funny/etc/etc (I have some in progress) and post the patches.
If you have by any chance and artistic skill send me pm if you want to help in some way.

To begin with, below is the code patch which allows the addbot and addnbot commands to add a bot which spawns with a specific weapon.
Valid weapon parameters are (case-insensitive): knife, pistol, carbine,
shotgun, subgun, sniper, assault, grenade and akimbo. Default is 'assault'.

Example:

/addbot CLA bad kkk sniper

/addnbot 300 CLA bad shotgun

[For Rev. 7505]

Sorry but i can't accept that either.
The main reason is that it was not implemented because it's not our priority. We would like next version to be released ASAP, hence feature freeze.
Actually the code for the following features is already done (it's somewhere on my computer), (however untested)
  • spawn a bot with the desired primary weapon (which can be later changed, once he is dead)
  • spawn a bot at a desired location (x, y)
  • disable auto respawn for a bot
  • prevent a bot from attacking other bots (in this case, he will only attack the local player)

The other reason is that your code can't be accepted now :
  • You're using iostream while using it for 1 single little feature is useless.
  • Actually there is no point storing the primary weapon as a string
  • some pieces of your code could be reduced to one line
  • i doubt that void ReAddBot(CStoredBot *bot) will work as you wish because it doesn't send correct weapon names (but their IDs (GUN_SNIPER, etc.) as a 1 char string (...))
  • you're allowing non primary weapons as primary weapons !!
  • etc.;
  • anyway my code is ready and offers many more possibilites

Maybe i sound harsh, i'm happy that you're willing to help, but /you/ did sound harsh.
Thanks given by:
(21 Jul 13, 12:03AM)TheNihilanth Wrote: It's kind of disappointing to see 70+ pages with ideas most them not implemented.
But that is going to change. In my limited spare time I'll code the ideas (from the Ideas thread) I like

In fact, most of the ideas and suggestions are just explained with a single sentense, it's cool to share an idea but it's even better to show some advices, some positive and negative aspects about your idea. And if your idea is so great, nobody disable you to create a thread about it, it avoids the usual mess in the idea thread, and you can show to everyone your idea with more details, screenshots, tests and even a public poll etc...

This is what I did in the past for the Sniper balance and also for the list of server (the new redesigned list of servers was ready to be implemented, but the coder left the game and the forum before devs could ask him the sources lol).
Thanks given by:
(16 Jul 13, 11:14PM)Oracle Wrote: Luc@s, is VonDrakula still around?

I think he ragequit.
Thanks given by: