Ideas
(22 Jun 13, 07:12AM)#M|A#Wolf Wrote: the devs aren't necessarily right about everything...
What? I don't understand.
Thanks given by:
(22 Jun 13, 10:48AM)Aekom Wrote: Here's an idea. Can we stop using the term "elites" as if we're all paul? It makes zero sense because there are no social classes within AC, and everybody seems to have their own definition of the word.

Maybe the term "elite" is abusive, but this is why we write it between quote marks. And there are social classes on AC, at least the way of doing between oNe and DES is kinda different, maybe you know what i'm saying?
Thanks given by:
(22 Jun 13, 10:32AM).ExodusS* Wrote: More admins = less tkers.

Indeed, in the old days a lot more ppl took on them to admin servers 'live and direct' so that we could have decent games.
Thanks given by:
(22 Jun 13, 12:15PM)Cleaner Wrote:

Indeed, in the old days a lot more ppl took on them to admin servers 'live and direct' so that we could have decent games.
In the old days there was /setmaster 1, lol
Thanks given by:
(22 Jun 13, 12:17PM)Andrez Wrote: In the old days there was /setmaster 1, lol

the green power
Thanks given by:
(22 Jun 13, 07:43AM)Vermi Wrote: i didn't mean to make you mad mercy it's just not a very good idea to my ears

ok...i see your point and it certainly makes sense. i can see why you disagree with my idea. i just dont like having an idea called stupid, no matter who's it is. thank you for telling me why the idea was not something we should do :)

+1 to this idea
Thanks given by:
the ability to turn off friendly fire got rejected in proving grounds due to being too gameplay changing. Just a heads up.
Thanks given by:
elites, devs, and people who dont care about the former
Thanks given by:
My 2 new Awesome ideas.
Hj all, lets check some of my ideas :)
==> Dead zone, player step into deadzone will be die >:)
How it work?
Well, with me, in map editor, we open entry menu and under clip entry, we have deat zone entry! Press on it and there is a menu to creat death zone just verry like clip menu ! You can change height, size X Y of the death zone ! If good, we can set damage for death zone >:)

==> Moving wall.
We can creat moving wall , here how it work:
We selected the wall area and then we use command like "\movingwall X Y"
X is the height that wall moving
Y is speed !
Example simple up and down wall : \movingwall 3 3
That mean this wall will moving up 3 cube and drop down at normaly... The speed is 3 :)

* My English is bad right ? Sorry :)
Thanks given by:
Showing a bubble like this on player's head while he's typing?
[Image: mdth02Y.png]
Thanks given by:
Idea 1

This has already been discussed when we wanted to add 'damage' entity to models like razor wires and such but has been rejected because this feature could be abused of and ending up ruining the gameplay.

Idea 2

This is easily be done with an animated model, on the other end what is not feasible is a 'trigger' entity, like the door opens when you come close to it or with the use of a virtual switch.

@ Andrez, not a stupid idea at all bit it may spam your screen at some point.
Thanks given by:
(24 Jun 13, 02:59PM)Cleaner Wrote: @ Andrez, not a stupid idea at all bit it may spam your screen at some point.
No, I mean showing this like the exclamation mark of the voicecom thing. I don't see how it would be spammy.
Thanks given by:
Yes cool idea Andrez, ingame we can see if the player is afk or just typing in fact.
Thanks given by:
(24 Jun 13, 04:12PM)Krayce Wrote: Yes cool idea Andrez, ingame we can see if the player is afk or just typing in fact.

We can't really put this on his head the whole typing time, it's not logic and it would be better to show the bubble only less than a second when the player just pressed "enter".
Thanks given by:
(24 Jun 13, 06:26PM)ExodusS Wrote: We can't really put this on his head the whole typing time, it's not logic and it would be better to show the bubble only less than a second when the player just pressed "enter".
Press T = bubble on
Press ENTER = bubble off

What's so difficult?
Thanks given by:
@ Andrez, I meant having a bubble like that (or several if more are typing) sounds rather occlusive to me, something like a green 'T' like the red exclamation mark would be better imo
Thanks given by:
I am indeed very scared of small changes. What may be perceived as small, can be very impactful. I cant speak to my reputation or political sway, but there is a difference between thinking about deep implications of small things, and suggesting a game-breaking idea. Maybe it hadnt been thought of fully, or even realized, but my intention is to say, there are issues currently stopping the progress of a new version. Pubs are the most important part of the game, but they are also the least efficient way to improve the game.

I get teamkilled often and repeatedly, nd i domt consider myaelf above anybody. But if nonense is being brought, nonsense will be re-delivered.

Admins are a great way to prevent the intentional cases, but friendly fire is one of the few realistic features of the game that would do severe damage to the game. And if you spend too much time giving players the option of choosing what switches to have on, it gets increasingly hard to attract the pubbers to the more stable player base to the competitive/community scene.

Mod edit: corrected a typo which was really bugging me.
Thanks given by:
What about adding a symbol to indicate someone is typing in the scoreboard instead of over the head, like to the very right of each player's row. Make it just the right size and a color that's not too distracting and I think it would be a nice addition.
Thanks given by:
Answer: Modified servers off the masterserver. With an easy to remember connect & some spreading of the word, could have some populated bearable pubs without SpaghetiMan42 tk splattering you every 2 minutes.
Thanks given by:
So please, everyone tell me that "you disagree with this idea" if you think it is not a good one.

I am not saying this should be added into the upcoming version but maybe later down the road...do you think it would be possible to have a teamspeak3-like VoIP designed specifically for assaultcube? maybe even built into the game?
Thanks given by:
(25 Jun 13, 04:22AM)MerCyKiL Wrote: do you think it would be possible to have a teamspeak3-like VoIP designed specifically for assaultcube? maybe even built into the game?

It would have to be completely optional. It would lag 56k users all to hell if it wasn't. Plus most of the servers on the list ran from basements wouldn't be able to handle it.
Thanks given by:
(25 Jun 13, 04:22AM)MerCyKiL Wrote: So please, everyone tell me that "you disagree with this idea" if you think it is not a good one.

I am not saying this should be added into the upcoming version but maybe later down the road...do you think it would be possible to have a teamspeak3-like VoIP designed specifically for assaultcube? maybe even built into the game?
If I'm correct that was suggested a while back but some devs said that it's very unlikely for that to happen. AC's purpose is to be a small file-sized game, and adding something like that would make the file quite bigger.
Thanks given by:
forgot about ac's mission to have a small file size...kinda why i DL'd in the first place lol...plus yea i guess not everyone has amazing internet connection/good hardware. poop lol
Thanks given by:
I doubt it was the filesize, probably more like:
We don't want to spend time doing that.
We don't want to require a better internet connection.
Go get Skype, Mumble, or TS3.
If that fails, get a phone.
Thanks given by:
Hey all ! I know our AC engineer have some limited. under 30 map height and under 10000 cubes is all AC engineer can handle on !
Any way, you see map Headshot city right ? The TRUE is that map more than 20000 cubes and the height is 50.
I know the trick to do that but i will dont tell it here! But you see? When u type /showmapstats in Headshot city, the stats is good, height < 30 and cube < 10000 but The TRUE is that map more than 20000 cubes and the height is 50.
Player just using some trick to make bigger map. So why our creator, who made assault cube cant do that ?

Something fun is the map more than 10000 cube and the height > 30 still playable in C.O.O.P :)
Thanks given by:
(25 Jun 13, 06:59AM)-DIE Wolf- Wrote: Hey all ! I know our AC engineer have some limited...

How many times is this subject going to come back on the table and how many times would we have to answer back to that?

AC have limitations and it is the way it is because... Click Me
Thanks given by:
(25 Jun 13, 04:22AM)MerCyKiL Wrote: So please, everyone tell me that "you disagree with this idea" if you think it is not a good one.

Or just use one TS server for every clan ?
Thanks given by:
* LAST TIME ABOUT BIGGER MAP*
==> Read carefully~ You will say i say right !

Hola, i want bigger map do u hear me ? I know we can have map playable in multiplayer with 10 000 + cubes and 30+ height. Why ?
Cause u see, in coop mode, even up to 10 player, they can playable in big map with 10 000+ cubes. So why in TDM,CTF,... modes can not ?

u see. 10 000 cubes map not lag my computer, so 10 500 cubes will okay right ? Keep going..... 15 000 cubes will be okay ! No lag and playable.
* Ac cubes engineer CAN handle 15 000 cubes 100%* but YOU make it CANT.

For fun example:
Jonh say:
- "I only stay in building under 10 000 feet tall ! It's will safe!"
So -DIE Wolf- build a building with 15 000 feet and still safe !
Jonh dont want to get in because it more than 10 000 feet tall.
So -DIE Wolf- and some other people stay in 15 000 feet building and we are safe and happy :)

How assault cube will be if allow 10 000+ cubes and 30+ height ?
=> PLayer will creat more map!
=> They will love Assault Cube more!
=> Many player will play Assault Cube.
=> This game can be beter than Counter Strike !

I dont ask u for 100 000 cubes~ Just upgarade to 15 000 cubes and 40 height is okay! OKAY!

=> Dont give me a noob answer, ask anything you want, i will answer it!

LAST WORDS: "I WILL NERVER STOP FIGHTING FOR BIGGER MAP!"
Thanks given by:
(01 Jul 13, 12:49PM)-DIE Wolf- Wrote: u see. 10 000 cubes map not lag my computer, so 10 500 cubes will okay right ? Keep going..... 15 000 cubes will be okay ! No lag and playable.
This game was designed for those who have old computers, so don't expect anyone having your same rig.

(01 Jul 13, 12:49PM)-DIE Wolf- Wrote: => This game can be beter than Counter Strike !
AC is already better than CS.
Thanks given by:
(25 Jun 13, 01:36AM)Waffles Wrote: ... nd i domt consider myaelf above anybody...

Mod edit: corrected a typo which was really bugging me.

Why didn't you correct this too? :D
Thanks given by: