Weapon Balance and Gameplay Discussion
Quote:maybe, but if this "works fine" in most fpsgames, why not work fine in ac?
Because AC is not most fps games.

Quote:the most arcades semi/realism shooters you can do it(exemple: play urban terror,wolfet/true combat elite,free fps like AC).
if you gave litte health in AC, your chances of survival are very low, because no matter how good you are, the enemy will kill you first, unless it has a very bad aiming.
I still don't get you... you can very well do it in AC. No, the enemy won't "kill you first" just because you have low health if you have any idea what you're doing.

Quote:in long range, players using smg do it, and they kill you(spread), because it makes no difference whether the shot hit his foot or on your forehead.
...that goes for AR users as well. Point is, there is more to it than "just aiming at legs and pressing mouse button", which is what you implied before.

Quote:headshots? or shoot where only cause more damage(chest,, or head when possible), you kill the enemy faster, causing more damage in less time.
But how will it improve balance? How will having headshots on all guns improve balance at all?

Quote:maybe you'll come, maybe not, I do not know the answer
Not sure what you mean...
Thanks given by:
Realism can be fun depending on the way its done, couldnt imagine it being to fun on assaultcube.. it would change the game to much from what it should be
Thanks given by:
wolfbr's ideas are not silly; they make a lot of sense. The real issue is that it'd be more complicated to apply those ideas than it would be worth.
Thanks given by:
But what about the sniper??... Just kidding :) i think that those who say that the sniper it's ok it's because they don't really ever use it as theyr main weapon maybe just a few but still i found it imposible to scope kill because the new scope sistem it's lame, but if you don't scope it's more hard to kill because - and here it comes again... Wait for it... Yeees- the feeling of the weapon it's not the same i don't care about the damage since it's somethin we have to deal with even in 1.0 you miss you are death because there's a shotty aiming at you or a smg sometimes both, but now even if you hit you are doomed because there's a freaking AR kid speading his way out of your base and a super shotgun shotting at you from a mile away plus a carabine ever more far away you leave me nothing to fight with.
That and the fact that must of us don't know how to use other weapons because we dedicated our time and skills to improve and get that little extra you need to get better, but now anyone can call you noob or feel better than you just because they feel they are "pros" using an overpowered weapon, i mean i know i have to get a lot better but when you take away the soul of the weapon and for me the fun of the game it's like all the time it took me to learn the secrets or the tricks of the weapon just feel useless U_U.

I know you wont change your mind and maybe i have to be again a noob to learn how to use the weapon yet again, but is this going to be for some use? Or when i do master the weapon again you may feel like change it again and all goes to the trash can again?, i really don't like some of the things you do, but i do love this game it's what keeps my mind away from school issues xD, so please i know you try hard to give us all a fair game, but sometimes you have to listen to us to see what the game really needs :)

JAcKRoCk*

P.S: i know some think the way i do. :)
Thanks given by:
Just play a few more rounds and you'll be able to use that sniper like we could in 1.0.4!
Thanks given by:
Hey guys, im new here, but i think there is something to do with the carbine,
It should be something like a semi automatic sniper rifle, at least is what it looks like, Why dont reduce its refreshing time and put less ammo, to keep balance.

I.e. 8 rounds in 200ms refresh.
Like this, it becames a well all around weapon, like the AR, but have more precision at long shots.

All other weapons are great...
Except there is no light machinegun (like an M60) and no pistol options, only pistol.
Thanks given by:
(13 Nov 10, 06:22PM)jAcKRoCk* Wrote: P.S: i know some think the way i do. :)

for example me :p

Thanks given by:
Wolf, we have to solve the current balance issues first.

At some time we thought about diffrent head damage for all guns, but that would be a too drastic change. AC is also supposed to be simple. Realism was never a big factor in AC.

Also, I'd like to remind everyone that this thread is supposed to be about the diffrences between the 1.0 and 1.1 balance, and the issues that came along with these changes, not a thread to propose radical changes, new features or new guns.
Thanks given by:
(13 Nov 10, 08:46PM)makkE Wrote: At some time we thought about diffrent head damage for all guns, but that would be a too drastic change. AC is also supposed to be simple. Realism was never a big factor in AC
yes :)

Thanks given by:
AR: 160ms between shots at 25 damage with bigger recoil
Thanks given by:
Small post but simple : Don't balance weapon more , stop change everything one more time , it's anouth good now.
Thanks given by:
(13 Nov 10, 10:55PM).ExodusS* Wrote: Small post but simple : Don't balance weapon more , stop change everything one more time , it's anouth good now.
except AR :)
Thanks given by:
When you need 3 snipe shots for kill someone, I think there is a problem.
The shotgun should be less powerful at long range.
Assault Rifle... No comment. It's a big joke.
The carabine is hard to use in clan match. But it has great potential.
SMG is fine IMO.
Thanks given by:
The sniper doesn't take 3 shots to kill someone anymore ^^
Thanks given by:
See? People tried 1.1.0.0 , decided it sucked, and didn't bother to try any successive versions....

Sanzo: Please DO comment more than "it's a joke" about the AR.

But apart from that, I actually like how this thread is turning out. Keep the feedback coming plx :)
Thanks given by:
(13 Nov 10, 03:37PM)DES|V-Man Wrote: wolfbr's ideas are not silly; they make a lot of sense. The real issue is that it'd be more complicated to apply those ideas than it would be worth.
I'm not saying they're silly, just that IMO they're not for AC. I just think that it should be the way it is now - pros don't kill by shooting at specific spots in specific ways, rather they jump over noobs, bounce, run, strafe, sidestep...
Thanks given by:
Good news everyone:

It seems that flowtron has found the reason for the changed scoped-feeling.
I hope this will fix the issue, and bring back the scope feeling of 1.04. It turns out to be a very subtle thing (a few thousands of the sens-value), but it speaks for our players that they noticed it :)
Thanks given by:
The carabin needs to be faster, the refreshing time is too high.
Still, it should have less rounds per clip.

8 rounds per clip, 200ms refreshing, keep the damage, so it will become the (half)sniper and still will have the chance of defending from close quarters... remembering, that there is no scope for this weapon, so it will not substitute the sniper.

One extra thing, with the ammo shorter, it will change the style of play with the carabin, being a total new weapon.

One idea at a time, so it is.
Thanks given by:
The carbine isn't supposed to be used in close quarters. 200ms between shots would let it kill in 200ms, which is faster than any other weapon (except for grenade shotgun headshot etc.)!
Thanks given by:
I do notice a big change between 1.1 and 1.1.0.3 but still it's not close to be done yet i think, but hey i will try anything :), another thing yesterday i notice that for some reason the AR makes me lag a bit :S is that normal?
Thanks given by:
I also noticed some lag kinda feeling (not sure if is actual lag, thou) related to AR lots of times, not much while I'm playing with it, but when I'm playing against it, especially when the dude burst the whole clip at once...

Now for the AR balance issue: just make the recoil higher, so it wont be so easy to handle the weapon, caus for those who learn to master the recoil of AR/smg on 1.0, this AR is piece of cake. If you decided to reduce the clip, please make the reload time shorter, but I don't think that would be necessary if you make a bit harder handle it ;)

For the rest: Take the shotty down a notch, bring back some of the the smg's long burst killing power and call it a day :D

Edited: What da hell is up with this whole "smart link to wikipedia" links that are showing up inside some posts lately, is this happening to everyone or is just me? Annoying as hell and the links are completely nonsense, btw...
Thanks given by:
(14 Nov 10, 12:26AM)makkE Wrote: Good news everyone:

I hope this will fix the issue, and bring back the scope feeling of 1.04. It turns out to be a very subtle thing (a few thousands of the sens-value), but it speaks for our players that they noticed it :)

I think sanzo must have played like 20 inter and clan matchs on 1.1.0.3 and he also played a lot on public servers on this version..
Thanks given by:
pls no new scope feeling D:

I think the weapons are fine atm, maybe you could increase the shot delay for the AR a bit
Thanks given by:
It's the old (0.9 - 1.0.4) scope feeling, robotics. It's a very subtle diffrence.
Thanks given by:
I just really like the 1.1.0.3 scope feeling, I see nothing wrong with it.
Thanks given by:
As I said, it will be a very marginal difference.
Thanks given by:
(14 Nov 10, 12:26AM)makkE Wrote: Good news everyone:

Oh yay! Send flowtron my love. As for Robtics: I win :D
Thanks given by:
In my opninion, shotgun is powerful and not balanced with other weapons, AR is too powerful, smg is ok and sniper should turns back to 2 pistol shots after a sniper shot.
Thanks given by:
(14 Nov 10, 04:56PM)DarKnoT Wrote: In my opninion, shotgun is powerful and not balanced with other weapons, AR is too powerful, smg is ok and sniper should turns back to 2 pistol shots after a sniper shot.
that's the case no ?
Thanks given by:
Too many people are afraid of the sniper. What's the problem with it?
Thanks given by: