Ehh Stuff
Well, this is an fps, and there's always been people cursing a lot in these games.
I think one should only punish the obvious stuff - blunt racism/facism/sexism... and leave the rest to the personal opinion and taste of the server owner.

Imho, the "grey area" should not be restricted much, unless we want people to be called "Pink_Teddybear" and "Pokemon_Rules" only...

I mean, this is a male-dominated cock-fight game, we can't really supress a little swearing and chest-beating.
I already find the "watch your language" output rather silly. You should be allowed to say fuck once in a while - for any jerks or kids overdoing it, there is still kickvote and admins.
Thanks given by:
Mabye I find criples offencive, you might think this is bull *****

I also hate getting ******* bleaped
as many might see this thread is getting ******* pointless...?...stop bleaping ass ****

Thanks given by:
(15 Oct 10, 06:15PM)SuperSniper Wrote: Mabye I find criples offencive, you might think this is bull *****

I also hate getting ******* bleaped
as many might see this thread is getting ******* pointless...?...stop bleaping ass ****

go **** yourself you ******* ******** ******!!!!!!

P.S: *** *** **** *** *********.
Thanks given by:
Why fascism, though? It's really only just a political ideology.
Thanks given by:
But one that typically leads to some form of discrimination/racism or beliefs of superiority.
And besides, it's not really a political system per se, it's a term rooted in Moussolini's regime and used for nationalistic and totalitarian regimes and dictatorships in general.
Thanks given by:
All radical political movements/ideologies/systems have negative connotations to them (well, just about anything related to politics does, but that's beside the point). I still don't think any kinda politics-influenced names should be a reason to 'punish' unless the person is actually discriminating or being racist.
Thanks given by:
"I still don't think any kinda politics-influenced names should be a reason to 'punish' unless the person is actually discriminating or being racist. "

I agree. Not all names containing Hitler are neccesarily ban-worthy, for example. I mean, "Hitler's Mustache" is something I wouldn't ban.
Thanks given by:
AC requires a monarchy led by King Morgan I
Thanks given by:
Here I post an image of my god, denouncing yours.

[Image: Touched_by_His_Noodly_Appendage.jpg]

Feeling offended?

This thread is a little silly. Everyone is entitled to their views on their religions and/or higher beings.

A good example is this: We must even be tolerant of Mel Gibson, who believes god is the aliens (which to be honest, is entirely plausible).

(15 Oct 10, 04:00PM)makkE Wrote: I already find the "watch your language" output rather silly. You should be allowed to say fuck once in a while - for any jerks or kids overdoing it, there is still kickvote and admins.

Agreed. This is why my servers only really bans racist type words. Anything else is fine.
Thanks given by:
I eat your god for dinner. Noob.
Thanks given by:
Im a pastafarian! :D
My gods balls are bigger than your gods.
Thanks given by:
Your god's balls are in my mouth right now. Yum.

...owai -
Thanks given by:
(16 Oct 10, 08:46AM)JMM Wrote: Your god's balls are in my mouth right now. Yum.

...owai -

lolwut?

I agree with makkE that there are certain things (like Hitler) that people may find offensive, but you can't everyone who uses the words. I for example, jokingly changed my name to something along the line of MySwingingDick, and was promptly auto kicked for an inappropriate nickname. I doubt any players found it offensive.

Maybe they could get offended when they saw "You were splattered by MySwingingDick" though... hmm...
Thanks given by:
Religion views are like an ass, everyone has its own, not relle up for discussion. Myself, for instance: I choose to believe that Haile Selassie is god incarnated, even without really knowing shit about the dude, just caus he comes along with da grass :P

Jah Rastafari!
Thanks given by:
(16 Oct 10, 09:00AM)TheCrema Wrote: Religion views are like an ass [...]
Yeah I agree, and like an ass, only sh*t can pop out of them, in any case :D
Thanks given by:
Man of little faith! Da grass is no shit man, it's da grass!
Thanks given by:
All opinions are like asses.

Quote:lolwut?
I like pasta.
Thanks given by:
I saw God at least once. He was playing in one of the BOB servers. He wasn't that good though.
Thanks given by:
Ima christian Its offensive to me aswell sadly i vsed him at Desert TOSOK now his name was GODISNTREAL i didnt find that offensive at all.Until i read his name." You Got Gibbed By GODISNTREAL " < to me god is real.Thank you for sharing your concern
all Appreciated.

One more thing why is there alot of ppl with names " Fagg " << thats a weird name to put on assault cube.
Thanks given by:
Your use of spelling and puctuation is offensive to me as well.
Thanks given by:
Think about it this way, if someone offends you in AC you can always kill them (more than once)!
Thanks given by:
(13 Oct 10, 05:43PM)Andrez Wrote: Dude, you and religion people offend us (atheists) when you say God is real. I have seen tons of people wearing pro-religion nicknames in AC, but I have never asked them to change them because I don't believe in that stuff. Now you should do the same, IMHO.
Amen.
People here remind me of:
[Image: atheists.png]
Thanks given by:
Alright, I was contacted via PM about a previous post I made (apparently it's offensive). So.

It was simply a reference to the previous post about the flying spaghetti monster, by "balls in my mouth" I was referring to the meat balls. I didn't think making a subtle joke on the deity of a parody religion would offend anyone, but if it did: I apologise for my specific choice of words, and also for make a false statement (I wasn't actually eating meat balls, I was having some kinda potato bake that my dad cooked up). I would never defame or make inappropriate comments of something I have a reason to think someone holds in high esteem or as any kinda higher/spiritual being.

THANK YOU VERY MUCH.

P.S. I still like spaghetti and meat balls.
Thanks given by:
This is pretty silly. That was a harmless joke on the spagetti monster.
Thanks given by:
damn bro, umad.
Thanks given by:
I think the point here is that there is really not any reason to enter religion into an FPS at all...
If you are going to try to offend someone with your name, then that is just rude. If you are trying to promote your religion with your name, then that is just silly. Much better to actually get to know people and talk with them about what you believe, rather than just "advertising" something no one wants to hear about anyways.
Thanks given by:
(17 Oct 10, 06:08PM)U|Zarj Wrote: I think the point here is that there is really not any reason to enter religion into an FPS at all...
If you are going to try to offend someone with your name, then that is just rude. If you are trying to promote your religion with your name, then that is just silly. Much better to actually get to know people and talk with them about what you believe, rather than just "advertising" something no one wants to hear about anyways.
GP
+1
Thanks given by:
(17 Oct 10, 01:29PM)makkE Wrote: This is pretty silly. That was a harmless joke on the spagetti monster.

... even I was not offended when he offered to eat my gods delicious meatballs.
Thanks given by:
You dudes are all to worked up over this, y'all should join my religion in order to calm down...

Jah Rastafari!
Thanks given by:
The best god of all:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qh9Aw5B4AJA
"CROM! I never prayed to you before!"
Thanks given by: