Poll: Do you want this?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes
40.30%
27 40.30%
No
59.70%
40 59.70%
Total 67 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Guns
I think getting the guns that we do have balanced would be the priority before we starting screwing around adding new weapons to further unbalance the game.

Rocket Launcher would be nice but somehow doesn't feel like it would fit in with the game. I have a gut feeling it would rather kill the game-play a little bit.

I don't see the point in having 5 different ARs, one for every day of the week. I think the current mix of weapons gives enough variety of gameplay:
Sniper: for those that don't like to get their hands dirty
Carbine/AR: for those that don't like to get their hands too dirty
Shotgun/SMG: for those that like their hands to be a bloodied mess

And then for some extra fun you have nades.

Simple, fast-paced fun. I don't see what needs to change about that.
Thanks given by:
(17 Nov 10, 07:40AM)JMM Wrote: Having to be crouched to shoot is a silly feature, it's just going to slow the game down unnecessarily. Also, I really don't see the point of iron sights for AR... you can achieve a similar effect with a fovzoom script anyway. I do think a nade launcher for AR would make for a nice addition, though, but I've suggested that before.

Nade launcher might work, but a HMG is pretty questionable IMO. Also, AR kickback is most likely going to stay.

not exactly, works well in games like q2 Dday(hmg and rocketlauncher, Having to be crouched to fire, its more a tactical/suport weapon), in AC, these weapons would be interesting in CTF and other team games mode.

fov zoom works bad;
just the sight of the screen changes, but the gun does not like, such as zoom, you would only see a small part of the weapon, just the sight of the screen changes, but the sight of the weapon does not change.
that would be interesting when zooming, you would only see a small part of the weapon.

Iron sight would be a fun factor,but, usin iron sight or zoom, you remove kick back ^^.
could be interesting as well as all the weapons have secondary fire.

nade launcher is a bad idea, perhaps it would be interesting to help improve a weapon that is low compared with other (like HL's smg+granade launcher or wolfet's carbine+granade launcher).

for AC, "maybe" could be interesting smg + nade launcher, guess not much affect the gameplay or the weapon balance.

Thanks given by:
For those who wants AK-47:
Buy a truck, and get a free AK-47
Of course that's USA :D
Thanks given by:
Quote:Nations Trucks is the largest pre-owned drug dealer in the entire Southeast!
Thanks given by:
Please tell me that's a joke... where are the restrictions?!? Must... see... dealer!
Thanks given by:
I think, scripting new weapons takes away the feeling of this game, but a rocket launcher AS AKIMBO EXTRA with 2 Shots would be nice.

So that you can't take it in general, you have to find it...
Thanks given by:
I would have thought nukes would have been more your style. ;)
Thanks given by:
(12 Oct 10, 05:56AM)Ronald_Reagan Wrote: Lets keep AC simple, thats the beauty of it. I'm attracted to AC because of its simplicity.

100% correct. of course, this doesn't mean I am against mods or anything; I enjoy giving the game a "fresh" look once in a while. If i want different gameplay, there are plenty of combinations of modes+maps, plus you almost never play the same set of people twice.
Thanks given by:
Quote:And not more powerfull explosions just a better effect than a sphere and a little sound...
Is this actually possible with Cube? (The better effect)

Quote:I say you have to teabag them in order to get the ammo. And, IMO, if you died, your armor is full of holes and worthless. ;-)
Yerp

Quote:Is it possible to put a scope on the Carbine?
But make it a constant scopefov 45 or something?
Can I agree and disagree with this at the same time? I think a scope on the carbine would be fun, like a weaker, faster version of the sniper rifle. I like the carbine.
Then again, that's what the sniper is for. Carbine is probably the only weapon that ironsights and a built in fovzoom would be properly good for I reckon.

Quote:It would be cool if people could just add cooler effects or change weapon stats . Like show shells popping out and stuff like that.
Would this be possible with a nicely made model? A moving shell added to a model would be a nice touch (even if it didn't remain on the ground afterwards)

Quote:For those who wants AK-47:
Buy a truck, and get a free AK-47
Of course that's USA :D
....I don't get you americans....;)
Thanks given by:
(04 Feb 11, 01:23PM)Frogulis Wrote: Then again, that's what the sniper is for. Carbine is probably the only weapon that ironsights and a built in fovzoom would be properly good for I reckon.
YES! The Carbine iron sights movement is gaining momentum!
(04 Feb 11, 01:23PM)Frogulis Wrote:
Quote:It would be cool if people could just add cooler effects or change weapon stats . Like show shells popping out and stuff like that.
Would this be possible with a nicely made model? A moving shell added to a model would be a nice touch (even if it didn't remain on the ground afterwards)

This is definitely possible. (the cooler effects part, not the changing stats part). For really good examples of this, see this
mosin nagant or this glock by a_slow_old_man. Also, you might like this (unfinished) famas mod i made.
Thanks given by:
"The man they call Jayne." Jayne Cobb?
Thanks given by:
(17 Nov 10, 05:09PM)wolfbr Wrote: fov zoom works bad;
just the sight of the screen changes, but the gun does not like, such as zoom, you would only see a small part of the weapon, just the sight of the screen changes, but the sight of the weapon does not change.
that would be interesting when zooming, you would only see a small part of the weapon
Oh yeah... Forgot that. Sauerbraten zooms the weapon - I think cube does as well. I like the way AC doesn't.
Maybe, if this is possible, a "sights" weapon model for zoomed carbine?

Thanks given by:
Add a railgun cannon and thermonuke bomb.
Thanks given by:
(06 Feb 11, 07:49AM)FleshyPod Wrote: Add a railgun cannon and thermonuke bomb.

And 3D sharks + Lawn Mowers
Thanks given by:
(06 Feb 11, 10:42AM)Huntsman Wrote:
(06 Feb 11, 07:49AM)FleshyPod Wrote: Add a railgun cannon and thermonuke bomb.

And 3D sharks + Lawn Mowers
Why would the sharks not be 3D?
Thanks given by:
2d sharks are always funner
Thanks given by:
idk. Think out of the box
Thanks given by:
Does anybody wonder why serious talk on this forum is often missed by people like me?
Thanks given by:
You need to look more closely....also, ideas threads aren't very good places for 'serious' ;)
Thanks given by:
(13 Oct 10, 11:49AM)$hield Wrote: halo 1 ftw. =P

aii rights!!
halo 1 and Unreal Tournament (99)

i'm currently on a mission to complete ALL the unreal games.
all i have to do is finnish UT2004
Thanks given by:
killstreak rewards, we really really need that, i find killstreak rewards uber fun
Thanks given by:
when you get 10 kills you get a box of ammo :D
Thanks given by:
No, cause then you wouldn't need to control ammo.
Thanks given by:
well what if the ammo box was MAGICAL!!! and teleported when you touch it???
Thanks given by:
(06 Feb 11, 05:39AM)eftertanke Wrote: "The man they call Jayne." Jayne Cobb?
100% correct.
Best character from the best tv show ever.

Sorry flowtron, were you saying something? :)
Thanks given by:
(08 Feb 11, 10:26PM)Viper Wrote: well what if the ammo box was MAGICAL!!! and teleported when you touch it???

huh?
Thanks given by:
this thread needs to be closed.
Thanks given by:
We should get flying Unicorns
Thanks given by:
(09 Feb 11, 05:24AM)Lantry Wrote: this thread needs to be closed.

Nah, but moving to another place where this blubbering is accepted...

Thread moved for obvious reasons.
Thanks given by:
(13 Oct 10, 12:42AM)JMM Wrote: I do actually like the idea of getting certain pickups from dead players, namely nades and/or armour.

Yes, I really like this idea as well. It seems that all too often the guy grabs the nades, kevlar, etc. and Instantaniously dies! :|
Thanks given by: