Poll: Do you want this?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes
40.30%
27 40.30%
No
59.70%
40 59.70%
Total 67 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Guns
agreed :D
Thanks given by:
(13 Oct 10, 12:53AM)Gibstick Wrote:
(13 Oct 10, 12:42AM)JMM Wrote: I do actually like the idea of getting certain pickups from dead players, namely nades and/or armour.
I as well.
As for more weapons, the only other weapon "category" you could possibly ask for is a rocket launcher. All the other ones are filled: AR, SMG, shotgun, sniper, carbine. If you look at Call of Duty those are all the weapon categories (AR would have to be machine gun and carbine is semi-auto). Even then, most of the weapons in the same category have very similar stats (the graph means almost nothing). Don't get started on attachments and perks.

I agree with the rocket laucnher maybe but i was thinking like replacing some with up to date ones like assault rifle with ak but mostly its the pick up guns dropped on the ground thing i mostly would like.Anyone agree?
Thanks given by:
I WAS KIDDING
Thanks given by:
Dude the guns in this game are all fictional. You can't just throw a bloody Kalashnikov in there. Especially since AR in this game is more mid-long range weapon, and AKs aren't exactly famous for their accuracy.

I wouldn't mind the ability to pick up weapons, but I honestly don't think it's a fitting idea for AC.
Thanks given by:
It would be cool if people could just add cooler effects or change weapon stats . Like show shells popping out and stuff like that.
Thanks given by:
Also, on a side note, I do like the idea of a few more guns, as long as they're different enough from what the game already has AND not real-life guns. I don't want an AK or 7 assault rifles all with slightly different stats.
Thanks given by:
(13 Oct 10, 12:53AM)Gibstick Wrote:
(13 Oct 10, 12:42AM)JMM Wrote: I do actually like the idea of getting certain pickups from dead players, namely nades and/or armour.
I as well.
As for more weapons, the only other weapon "category" you could possibly ask for is a rocket launcher. All the other ones are filled: AR, SMG, shotgun, sniper, carbine. If you look at Call of Duty those are all the weapon categories (AR would have to be machine gun and carbine is semi-auto). Even then, most of the weapons in the same category have very similar stats (the graph means almost nothing). Don't get started on attachments and perks.
Here are essential categories:
AR,Long ranged AR,shotgun,subgun,sniper,silenced sniper,pistol,high powered pistol,explosive,heavy machine gun.

I like long ranged AR. They are guns like the g36 or a scoped m16..
I found a site from another game i play......urban terror

Thanks given by:
Silenced sniper would serve no purpose in AC. Explosives, other than grenades, don't really fit AC either... it's too fast-paced for people to be playing with bombs. So with those out... we already have all except high-powered pistol, AR (the one we have now I would consider "long-range"), and HMG. And the only one I really like and that would have decent a chance of making into the game is the pistol (I'd really like a second sidearm)... I don't see how two different ARs would be useful, and heavy machine guns, again, aren't really an AC thing.
Thanks given by:
(14 Oct 10, 12:34PM)JMM Wrote: Silenced sniper would serve no purpose in AC. Explosives, other than grenades, don't really fit AC either... it's too fast-paced for people to be playing with bombs. So with those out... we already have all except high-powered pistol, AR (the one we have now I would consider "long-range"), and HMG. And the only one I really like and that would have decent a chance of making into the game is the pistol (I'd really like a second sidearm)... I don't see how two different ARs would be useful, and heavy machine guns, again, aren't really an AC thing.

long ranged AR is for ppl who like to snipe but arent that good at it.....like me :D
and by explosives i actually ment grenades(but better explosion would be nice to have)
HMG......eh..not rly HMG but Think: higher capacity(maybe 50 or 40), less dmg, higher rate, more kickback/recoil(to balance it out so a nood cant just use it and pwn)

The thing about weapons for most ppl i think is that they need to be more realistic.(at least thats what im looking for) It doesnt take much for new models....i know ur aim is for crappy comps and i can still be achieved by just changing the weapon names,models,and sounds a bit.

I just cant stand the sound of the pistol...its all high pitched and i like to play with the volume rly high.

The thing about the sounds is that when u hear the sound you dont get the feeling of a powerful gun (thats what ppl want is to feel the firepower in the gun to go with the kickback and recoil)
Thanks given by:
Quote:long ranged AR is for ppl who like to snipe but arent that good at it.....like me :D
We already have the carbine, sounds like something you'd be looking for.

Quote:and by explosives i actually ment grenades(but better explosion would be nice to have)
Ah. There are problems with this, though... nades are supposed to be more of a support weapon, and making them too powerful would encourage whoring them (which we already had a fair bit of in 1.04). I wouldn't mind them being a little more powerful, though, since the spawn time was increased and pickups reduced to 1.

Quote:The thing about weapons for most ppl i think is that they need to be more realistic.
They aren't supposed to be realistic in this game. What exactly do you mean by more realistic anyway? They won't kill a lot faster, because AC is supposed to be a little arcade-y. They won't be replaced with "real" guns because, well, they won't. Better sounds... you can always replace the sounds with something you like better with little effort.
Thanks given by:
As I just figured out how to play with an idea that the devs were tossing around, the Combat Pistol (t'was in the svn, all commented out and such). This was a very interesting weapon. There are many reasons that I can see that it hasn't been implemented yet (if ever). For one, it is very buggy (maybe just me) and secondly, it would need a lot of balancing.
But yes, I would like a second sidearm. Combat Pistol seems like a nice direction to go.

(for those who dont know, it is a burst fire gun. I found it took around 3 hits to kill a bot.)
Thanks given by:
One thing i think is good though is to go over a person you recently kiled and get more ammo from them atleast for deathmatch.
Thanks given by:
The thing with the combat pistol, though, is that it was supposed to be a primary... what I would like better is actually two sidearms to choose from.
Thanks given by:
@Sound ideas, someday I would like to see new sounds. But finding and or making sounds that are free can be pretty tough. So right now we users have it easier if we look for sounds ourselves.
Thanks given by:
(14 Oct 10, 10:56PM)JMM Wrote:
Quote:long ranged AR is for ppl who like to snipe but arent that good at it.....like me :D
We already have the carbine, sounds like something you'd be looking for.

Quote:and by explosives i actually ment grenades(but better explosion would be nice to have)
Ah. There are problems with this, though... nades are supposed to be more of a support weapon, and making them too powerful would encourage whoring them (which we already had a fair bit of in 1.04). I wouldn't mind them being a little more powerful, though, since the spawn time was increased and pickups reduced to 1.

Quote:The thing about weapons for most ppl i think is that they need to be more realistic.
They aren't supposed to be realistic in this game. What exactly do you mean by more realistic anyway? They won't kill a lot faster, because AC is supposed to be a little arcade-y. They won't be replaced with "real" guns because, well, they won't. Better sounds... you can always replace the sounds with something you like better with little effort.

The carbine isnt exactly what i meant.....the point is an AR with a scope....sooo FULLY AUTO but with a scope (which is why its called a longranged AR(assault rifle)!

And not more powerfull explosions just a better effect than a sphere and a little sound... its like pulling the trigger of a gun and a flag comes out that says BANG! on it. The weapons have to FEEL realistic. (sound, look, effect) There doesnt have to be any change with the overall gameplay

As for the sounds, i have great sounds for all of my guns that i found online but most of the other sounds i tried sounded all weird when i tried them out. like a very loud static sound.

In the mean time, im working on a few weapon models for myself(atleast that was my plan) but when i released a preview of my FAMAS model. Alot of ppl like it soo I think i will release it to the public..
Other planned models are(possibly)DE pistol, Berett m82 sniper, and maybe a good subgun(if i get bored of the P90 i found on akimbo)
Great mod BTW to the maker.....
Thanks given by:
The long-range AR... well, it's an interesting idea to say the very least. With the exception of the scope you proposed, how would it be different from the normal AR anyway? If you think the current AR is good in all other respects but just needs a scope, you could always make yourelf/use someone else's fovzoom script to essentially give you a "scope". This kinda long-range AR just sounds a little too... "tactical" for this game.

And if you're having trouble modding the sounds, you can always ask here for help.
Thanks given by:
we should still get to get more ammo or the other persons gun from the person u just killed by walkin over them or somtin
Thanks given by:
That could maybe work. Maybe let's say I die with 25 armor and 1 grenade, so you can get them. It would also help on people concentrating on more fragging than ratio whoring since you can get more stuff by doing so.

Though we shouldn't simply add that feature and see how it goes. Maybe all dropped armor would be 30% less effective or something.
Thanks given by:
(21 Oct 10, 01:08AM)|BC|Wolf Wrote: That could maybe work. Maybe let's say I die with 25 armor and 1 grenade, so you can get them. It would also help on people concentrating on more fragging than ratio whoring since you can get more stuff by doing so.

Though we shouldn't simply add that feature and see how it goes. Maybe all dropped armor would be 30% less effective or something.

ya!!!i get that atleast u kind of get a award to stay alive thing
Thanks given by:
I say you have to teabag them in order to get the ammo. And, IMO, if you died, your armor is full of holes and worthless. ;-)
Thanks given by:
I think their secret plan is the ability to strip dead bodys...
sickos...
Thanks given by:
i think AC needs a lot of other guns! different type of snipers and shotguns and everything.
Thanks given by:
Haist ruiskukkanen.
Thanks given by:
hmmm why is there a mods section in the forums? so u can replace the old guns... lol
Thanks given by:
Those mods are just visual mods. They don't do anything to the game mechanics.
Thanks given by:
cubes' AR is more like a LMG(good damage, low clip, like ww2's B.A.R),
cubes SMG is more like a AR

I just wanted them to add 2x pistol as primary weapon (like AR,SMG,CARBINE,SHOTGUN AND SNIPER), but, would be balanced (like fear's 2x pistol or soldat's 2x pistol).

would be an interesting HMG and Rocket Launcher, but, the only peculiar feature of these weapons> you need to stay crouched to shoot them

but, HMG have a lot of ammo( 50 ammo) and good damage(more than the SMG and less than the AR).

Rocket launcher have only 3 ammo, you become very dependent on ammunition boxes and must be reloaded after each shot, but, good suport weapon with good damage.

----
maybe a flamethrower would be interesting, a weapon for indoors that can cause damage to various enemies that enables simultaneous.

-
in short, would be 8 primary weapons: 2x pistol, SMG( or ar), AR(or lmg), Carbine, Sniper, HMG, Rocket launcher and flamethrower. its perfect to me, no more weapons.

-you can zoom with AR(or lmg), like scope, but, its use iron sight image.

- and the only thing I do not like in AC is the kickback.

- and another gun replace the bonus 2x pistol, exemple: minigun : D, much bether ^^
Thanks given by:
i know a guy who modded the shotgun into a flamethrower for ac 1.0
Thanks given by:
Dudewut, i want that.
Thanks given by:
Having to be crouched to shoot is a silly feature, it's just going to slow the game down unnecessarily. Also, I really don't see the point of iron sights for AR... you can achieve a similar effect with a fovzoom script anyway. I do think a nade launcher for AR would make for a nice addition, though, but I've suggested that before.

Nade launcher might work, but a HMG is pretty questionable IMO. Also, AR kickback is most likely going to stay.
Thanks given by:
Is it possible to put a scope on the Carbine?
But make it a constant scopefov 45 or something?
Thanks given by: