Upcoming Release Balance Discussion (SVN)
(27 Nov 11, 05:55PM)ElCrema Wrote: This actually reminded me of a very hard task that those dealing with weapon balance will have to face, that goes beyond the numbers discussed here: The one between a good weapon balance for pub games or for clan matches. Imo they are two very different things. I personally think that it should always favour de pubs, caus is there where the action really happens.

That's exactly what I was thinking about, I was astonished someone mentioned that already. If you balance weapons based on private gameplay is it also balanced for pubs? Not necessarily, sniper could be a bit too strong for instance. And what if pubs get balanced? Shotgun, Sniper and Carbine might not have much of a chance on high competitive level. All I'm trying to point out is - there might not be a chance of getting both good balance for public and private gameplay but it can get close to it. Focus on balancing the automatic weapons + a nice shotty that requires aiming and "guaranteed" success (appropriate damage).

(22 Oct 11, 07:54AM)Roflcopter Wrote:
(21 Oct 11, 08:24AM)Elite Wrote: Shotgun is for public noobs.

But it shouldn't be just a public weapon.

This is the crucial point. I don't think the shotgun will ever be much used in inters / cm's just because of the weapon's nature (lots of damage on short range, few damage on long range). It's just disadvantaged in relation to the automatic weapons particulary but it's like that. This is what I like about AC, a bit of realism is kept, balance shouldn't go as far as changing a weapon so that it can actually be used against other guns on competitive level.

(27 Feb 12, 09:31AM)Xenon Wrote:
(27 Feb 12, 07:17AM)Roflcopter Wrote: Shotgun is too weak in clan matches, it can't just be made weaker. It needs to be strong with finesse but weak otherwise.

Tbh Shotgun is the same as sniper, can never be in the middle. Clan Matches are what I play most but again, this game IS made for publics for the majority of players. Although I wish shotgun could be stronger, it'd be to strong for publics :/

I play with shotgun from time to time (public servers only). I'll give an example by showing a screenie to demonstrate that the shotgun is really overpowered now on public servers.

You shouldn't be able to get 1st on the scoreboard with such a difference of frags and deaths on douze (even if you play against noobs).
That's ridiculous. Don't misunderstand me, I like the current shotgun a lot but what if all good players decided to play with shotty on public servers? I know that it won't happen but that would be really ugly.

(26 Feb 12, 06:09PM)Xenon Wrote: Anyways, can you get the release out soonish? Just get the shotgun inbetween 1.1 and 1.0

Ar inbetween 1.1 and 1.0

SMG the same

carbine fire rate up

sniper @ 82 dmg.

I agree with almost everything in this post. Sniper should stay the same as now. Carbine - hard to say but since it isn't used much and not easy to handle the fire rate could be slightly increased (just a little bit or else it would be too easy to use) or lower its recoil a bit. Especially that he mentioned smg staying the same is exactly what I think would be best. SMG as it is now is good, there's really no need to change it (coming from an smg user). It has low recoil, is quite easy to handle. I believe lowering the damage of the current ar slightly could balance ar and smg (changing every gun is not the way to go imo especially if there's nothing wrong about a weapon, it's just annoying).

(24 Apr 12, 11:05PM)Edward Wrote: So yes, helmets make things more unbalanced. Just decrease a little (not so much) the AR power.

Btw: I also tried the svn, that's why I'm actually posting. I didn't like the higher recoil of the smg (was a bit hard to control on short range!) and I think the shotty is weakened too much. Also the akimbo really seemed to be too powerful compared to smg and ar. Really nice job on the bots, they're even better than in 1.0 :D (I also played against "real players" to test the svn).

I also wonder why the pistol has 10 bullets now, I see no need for that. 8 Bullets have been enough, you were restricted sometimes if you haven't been accurate but it should be like this. 10 bullets encourage spamming instead of actual aiming.
Thanks given by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: Upcoming 1.1.0.5 Balance Discussion (SVN) - by CyberKlown28 - 23 Jan 11, 07:08PM
RE: Upcoming 1.1.0.5 Balance Discussion (SVN) - by CyberKlown28 - 24 Jan 11, 12:31AM
RE: Upcoming 1.1.0.5 Balance Discussion (SVN) - by CyberKlown28 - 25 Jan 11, 04:22AM
RE: Upcoming 1.1.0.5 Balance Discussion (SVN) - by CyberKlown28 - 28 Jan 11, 08:23PM
RE: Upcoming 1.1.0.5 Balance Discussion (SVN) - by CyberKlown28 - 01 Feb 11, 09:29PM
RE: Upcoming 1.1.0.5 Balance Discussion (SVN) - by CyberKlown28 - 02 Feb 11, 02:16PM
RE: Upcoming 1.1.0.5 Balance Discussion (SVN) - by CyberKlown28 - 02 Feb 11, 06:27PM
RE: Upcoming 1.1.0.5 Balance Discussion (SVN) - by CyberKlown28 - 02 Feb 11, 09:13PM
RE: Upcoming 1.1.0.5 Balance Discussion (SVN) - by CyberKlown28 - 05 Feb 11, 12:37AM
RE: Upcoming 1.1.0.5 Balance Discussion (SVN) - by CyberKlown28 - 05 Feb 11, 04:25AM
RE: Upcoming 1.1.0.5 Balance Discussion (SVN) - by CyberKlown28 - 06 Feb 11, 09:46PM
RE: Upcoming 1.1.0.5 Balance Discussion (SVN) - by CyberKlown28 - 06 Feb 11, 11:23PM
RE: Upcoming 1.1.0.5 Balance Discussion (SVN) - by ph4ntom - 08 Feb 11, 02:58PM
RE: Upcoming 1.1.0.5 Balance Discussion (SVN) - by CyberKlown28 - 11 Feb 11, 01:04AM
RE: Upcoming 1.1.0.5 Balance Discussion (SVN) - by CyberKlown28 - 11 Feb 11, 11:28PM
RE: Upcoming Release Balance Discussion (SVN) - by HellJanitorIsHispanic - 26 Jun 11, 11:57AM
RE: Upcoming Release Balance Discussion (SVN) - by HellJanitorIsHispanic - 26 Jun 11, 03:20PM
RE: Upcoming Release Balance Discussion (SVN) - by HellJanitorIsHispanic - 28 Jun 11, 07:55AM
RE: Upcoming Release Balance Discussion (SVN) - by Harps - 20 Dec 11, 06:47PM
RE: Upcoming Release Balance Discussion (SVN) - by Harps - 22 Dec 11, 05:06PM
RE: Upcoming Release Balance Discussion (SVN) - by Harps - 22 Dec 11, 10:05PM
RE: Upcoming Release Balance Discussion (SVN) - by Harps - 23 Dec 11, 12:18AM
RE: Upcoming Release Balance Discussion (SVN) - by Harps - 18 Apr 12, 01:07AM
RE: Upcoming Release Balance Discussion (SVN) - by Harps - 18 Apr 12, 12:44PM
RE: Upcoming Release Balance Discussion (SVN) - by Harps - 25 Apr 12, 02:48PM
RE: Upcoming Release Balance Discussion (SVN) - by Aight - 30 May 12, 11:04PM
RE: Upcoming Release Balance Discussion (SVN) - by Grenade - 10 Jun 12, 08:40PM