Feedback/Bug-Reports for AssaultCube v1.1
Not sure if it's a bug or it's intended to be this way, but in the masterserver when the server names appear with colored words, if you join them they don't appear with color, like so: http://i34.tinypic.com/k54nfb.png.

Wouldn't it be better if it would be colored so it draws attention to the eye cause the server name in simple white color is somewhat dull.
Thanks given by:
I was wondering too
Thanks given by:
Is there a way to make the screenshots better quality? I know jpg pictures are supposed to be higher quality than png's but in all the latest screenshots I have done, the resolution of them is kinda blurry.

These are some examples for comparing 1.1's screenshots with 1.0.4:

1.0.4 ==> Click
1.1.0 ==> Click
Names are removed for obvious reasons.

If you still can't see the difference, compare the text with each version's screenshot; 1.1's text is quite blurry, while 1.0.4 is quite sharper looking.

I would like to know if there is a way to make the screenshot graphics better cause I find it quite odd the 1.0.4 resolution is better than 1.1's. BTW, both those images aren't exactly the same size. The width is the same, but the 1.1 screenshot by default isn't as long (up to down) as 1.0.4's, so even the 1.1 picture being smaller should've helped.

EDIT: Both screenshots were taken with the video settings in "Low", though I doubt that setting would even affect the scorechart's resolution.

Thanks for the help.
Thanks given by:
(13 Aug 10, 04:54AM)|BC|Wolf Wrote: I know jpg pictures are supposed to be higher quality than png's

Where the hell did you hear that?
Thanks given by:
Oops, I guess I got the wrong info from the wrong website :P

This picture now makes it clear

[Image: jpg_vs_png.png]

It's funny how the JPG here looks EXACTLY like it does on the 1.1 screenshots.
Now the question is, how do I make them .png instead?
Thanks given by:
/jpegquality N

range 10-100, default is 70
Thanks given by:
Crap. I asked the coders to put the default on 85 :/

Higher qualities look just as good in jpg, and no png is needed for game screenshots. Jpgs will be smaller and have enough quality. We already have bmp for high-quality output.

By the way, that comic is biased. I am sick of people saying png is always better than jpg. It's not.
Thanks given by:
I used to compress my .bmp in 100 to .jpg
is there an option to switch to .bmp ?

*edit* didn't see the Gen's post
Thanks given by:
screenshottype

0 = bmp
1 = jpg
Thanks given by:
look at this picture, it may seems completely equal to the other one...
the only difference is that it's jpg now!!! haha
and the file size is 3kb smaller!
[Image: jpgvspng.jpg]

so as makke said there's no graphical reason to use png..
the only reason would be tecnical, it would remove the linux problem of the missing jpeg library.
Thanks given by:
Thanks for the comments guys and specially you makke, /screenshottype 0 made everything better :)
Thanks given by:
(13 Aug 10, 12:20PM)makkE Wrote: screenshottype

0 = bmp
1 = jpg
yes but .jpg in quality 100 is fine ;)
Thanks given by:
I was just messing around with 1.1 and I realized something that can be somewhat bad when it comes to accurately counting the score. If I throw a grenade and switch to sniper just before it kills someone, it is read as a headshot and it adds 2 frags to the score. If you switch to the knife instead, it reads as killing someone with a knife. I also noticed that this happens in 1.0 as well, but I don't think that anyone really noticed because you received the same number of frags for any type of gib.
Thanks given by:
lolwut
weapon used is not kept in memory when you shot, it is just checked when you kill someone ? strange
Thanks given by:
(07 Aug 10, 09:05AM)*GrZ|Sp!d3R Wrote: no problems for my mac version. (10.6 snow)
it's when you click on the DMG or when the DMG is open?

for the game in general:
just a little disappointed for the missing ratio and the white background of the minimap is horrible.

It occurs when I click on the DMG so that I may install it.
Thanks given by:
Hi all, is there anyway i can make the sounds the same as they were in 1.04 the SMG sound disappears even though you are still firing i keep pressing reload and i have half a clip left :(
Thanks given by:
Settings > Sound Settings > Sounds at once: 50 or +
Thanks given by:
(07 Aug 10, 09:12PM)MacAdresS Wrote:
(07 Aug 10, 05:42PM)LeeZH Wrote: EDIT: Also, names stored in saved.cfg are not enclosed in quotation marks, causing "[aCKa]Ki113R" to be wrongly parsed as "aCKa". That bug has been around for a pretty long while, but I thought I might as well bring it up.
autoexec:
name "[aCKa]name"

FugBixed: http://actiongame.svn.sourceforge.net/vi...00&r2=5625

You won't have this problem next release.
Thanks given by:
guys, in mode ktf is missing flag in minimap, without this miniflag ktf mode is useless, you cannot locate flag and therefore it is then tdm mode.
Thanks given by:
This weird thing is happening to me in all of my first spawns (just the very first one) : I just can't pick any entity that is near me: armor, nade or ammo, after a few seconds and some cubes of distance, I'm good to go, but that first pick up near my spawn point, just not happening...

Edited: Just noticed that its actually only the armor I cant get :S The first helmet or vest I go over: nothing!
Thanks given by:
(15 Aug 10, 02:18AM)Alien Wrote: without this miniflag ktf mode is useless, you cannot locate flag and therefore it is then tdm mode.

No it is KTF then and you are losing it ;)

I don't have your bug, so it might be some graphic that you edited in the /misc/ folder?
Thanks given by:
(15 Aug 10, 02:18AM)Alien Wrote: guys, in mode ktf is missing flag in minimap, without this miniflag ktf mode is useless, you cannot locate flag and therefore it is then tdm mode.

maybe you are using the SVN version, last night i noticed this bug too (i dont remember if it was the SVN or v1.1.0.1)
Thanks given by:
(15 Aug 10, 03:24AM)TheCrema Wrote: Edited: Just noticed that its actually only the armor I cant get :S The first helmet or vest I go over: nothing!

I've noticed this as well, helmet only, in servers where I have a slight lag for a few seconds at the first of a new map load. After maybe ten to twenty seconds, I am able to pick up the helmets.
Thanks given by:
Maybe it has something to do with the pickup check that the devs put in. Something like it checks to see if you actually over the item to stop remote pickups? Cant really remember.
Thanks given by:
If you could provide us with demos of cases where stuff went wrong please do so - it will make debugging that much easier :-)
You can use mediafire and post the link here or pass it to someone on or in contact with the dev-team on IRC.
Thanks given by:
Selfmade map preview doesn't work
I've made an own preview file for a map with the requirements described in the readme file which is in the "preview" folder of the package.

Neither placing the a file in a (created) "preview" folder beneath "packages/maps" in the user folders does work nor copying the file into the "packages/maps/preview" of the installation package.

Also part of this error: Instead of the map message the following line is listed on the left of the map selection list: "-n/a-: maps/NAME" with NAME as the map name.

PS: I would like to know where the non-official previews have to be placed correctly cause I'm currently on repackaging my maps.

Addendum: happens on Mac OS X 10.6.4
Thanks given by:
Same bug for me,
and map msg is displayed instead of map name in the menu
Thanks given by:
Oh dear. You're right - this seems to be a bug that must've crept in with my last fix on that bit of code. I remember I had tried it all out with the CMP (community map pack) and both titles and preview were being shown and the maps could be loaded.
Then after 1.1.0.1 Gibstick and V-Man told me that loading from "show all maps" didn't work so I fixed that ... sorry, must've overlooked some aspect here - the map at least loads for me, but I'll get it fixed for the next release (which will be "soon" [do NOT ask when!]).
Thanks given by:
Something else : why the "preview" directory is not located in the Assault cube datas directory ? it could be better when you upload a map :
packages
> maps
    mapname.cgz
    mapname.cfg
    > preview
    mapname.jpg
Thanks given by:
About Assaultcube's crashes on Mac 10.4, this is the crash log

http://pastebin.com/iWFv3uwQ
Thanks given by: