Feedback/Bug-Reports for AssaultCube v1.1
I have a new feature request: make it impossible to call a vote to kick/ban yourself. There's no reason one should be able to vote to kick/ban himself, IMO it's more of a nuisance when someone tries to kick himself and therefore makes it impossible for others to call legit votes. Although the real reason I brought this up is... I just accidentally banned myself from a BC server trying to get rid of a TKer with a cn 1 higher than mine :/

(I'm using this as a suggestion thread since IDK where else to post this).
Thanks given by:
denied :o
Thanks given by:
Is there any chance ac_depot will be edited so you can't edge jump off the boxes in mid into the ceiling? Just raising one portion of the ceiling 2-3 cubes will do fine.
Thanks given by:
While we're at it, get rid of those spots where people can drop the flag into a little nook behind a box and make it unreachable (there's one right outside RVSF base).
Thanks given by:
Fixed the one you're talking about on ac_depot. If you see any more, let me know.
Thanks given by:
ac_desert3 CLA ?
Thanks given by:
ac_edifice big room by RVSF... lol... my favorite trick there.
Thanks given by:
just downloaded the 1.1.0.3
tested a /savemap and it reads that it can't save map to packages/maps etc. i restarted the game and tried again and still couldn't save. please try this for yourself after a quick /newmap in edit mode. wanted to let everyone know before the official release. please send this information to the appropriate individual if you know who that is. we want the official release that will happen today to be smooth. thank you.
Thanks given by:
Edge-jumping seems to have a bit too much effect IMO. I think the amount of speed gained and amount of height gained from an edge-jump should be lowered at least a little bit. Since a lot of maps have low ceilings, many times you'll bump your head on a skymap (or ceiling) of a map that the author attempted to prevent things like that from happening on.
Thanks given by:
(25 Aug 10, 04:59PM)Bukz Wrote: Edge-jumping seems to have a bit too much effect IMO. I think the amount of speed gained and amount of height gained from an edge-jump should be lowered at least a little bit. Since a lot of maps have low ceilings, many times you'll bump your head on a skymap (or ceiling) of a map that the author attempted to prevent things like that from happening on.

lol yes I think so, but it's funny.
Thanks given by:
Has anyone noticed this yet?
[Image: th_20100825_165135_ac_desert_BOSOK.png]
It seems like all the bots in BOSOK are spectators, and killing them all doesn't start a new round.
Thanks given by:
bugs/fixes ?or changes ?

i have no trouble getting a different skymap to send to other players on 1.0.4 but i am not sure what is happening in 1.1.0.1 is this an incomplete part of it that needs fixing ? i tried with both a vista computer and an xp computer and couldn't get the skymap to change for other players. is there anything different ?

the other thing i noticed with my vista is that the 1.1 heightfield editing is weird when i press q it sort of does an inbetween a heightfield adjustment and a regular non heightfield height adjustment. one side of a cube goes up or down instead of just where the red dot is.
Thanks given by:
The following report was written by V-Man:

http://pastebin.com/CpxXjSgh

It goes into attempting to explain, some rather nasty bugs in CubeScript. An example of one of the larger scripts that seem to be more susceptible to this (these?) bug(s?) can be viewed here.

Everytime, even though all of the current round stats holding alaises are declared on every start, the game will rapidly show "Unknown alias lookup" errors for various aliases throughout the round. Upon examination of saved.cfg after quitting, many of the aliases that were causing the errors no longer existed - because cubescript had truncated their names to 3 characters each, therefore alias hdeaths became hde, alias sgibs became sgi, and so on...for no explainable reason.

Maybe cubescript was never meant to handle tasks such as this, but I think it could easily if a few of these evasive bugs finally got fixed - remember the old $scopesensscale error of 1.0.4? :P I think this is similar, just much worse. lol

I'm sure V-Man/GD other good scripters out there will have a better time explaining these bugs. All I'm 100% sure of is that it's definitely not working the way I intended. :P

This post is both a bug report, and to warn you other scripters out there not to keep rewriting your large scripts over and over thinking you're doing something wrong, check saved.cfg! - you may be experiencing this (one of these?) bug(s)? xD

* Bukz hopes this can get fixed in near future :D

Edit #1:

Also note that V-Man recreated a similar script to the one shown in the example above, for AC 1.0.4, that looped a large amount of alias manipulating scripts, and could not reproduce this bug. So maybe, this is a combination of a small elusive bug in pre-1.1 versions, and the addition of some new idents such as +=, and conline in 1.1+ versions.

Edit #2:

Quote:<+CIA-2> actiongame: eihrul * r5679 /trunk/ac/source/src/command.cpp: non-broken variable modifying commands

Lets hope this fixed it!
* Bukz waits patiently for win bins :P
Thanks given by:
This is indeed funky.
Thanks given by:
Do not touch the edge jump, i like it!
Thanks given by:
(26 Aug 10, 05:06PM)Matasar Wrote: Do not touch the edge jump, i like it!

+1
Thanks given by:
One thing that I don't get and have not seen adequately explained -- why is there now this limitation on what maps can be played? I saw somewhere above something about high ceilings causing a problem, but I have never experienced this. The only other explanation I've seen is that people were playing "weird maps," but this seems quite subjective. If you don't like a map, just don't play it. Why do we need to keep the people who do like the "weird" maps from playing them as well? Personally I think the weird user created maps were one of the cooler things about AC, even though yes, some of them were really irritating.

The default maps are all very small, compared to something like say, HeadshotCity. I think the bigger maps allow a different playing style that was a lot of fun as well...
Thanks given by:
I think servers pushing ac_desert TOSOK 24/7 are far more of a problem than your occasional laggy crap map.
Thanks given by:
(29 Aug 10, 02:07AM)JMM Wrote: I think servers pushing ac_desert TOSOK 24/7 are far more of a problem than your occasional laggy crap map.

How is this a problem? There are plenty of servers, and plenty of non t/osok games...
Thanks given by:
There are also plenty of t/osok only servers. So your argument does not really apply here.

What you suffer from, we also do in the opposite way, doesn't matter how close-minded you want to be about the subject.

gg
Thanks given by:
(29 Aug 10, 06:02AM)Bukz Wrote: There are also plenty of t/osok only servers. So your argument does not really apply here.

What you suffer from, we also do in the opposite way, doesn't matter how close-minded you want to be about the subject.

gg

I have no idea what you mean.... All I am saying is that even though there are 24/7 t/osok servers, that doesn't prevent people from playing whatever mode they want, because they can always play on another server. Have we had some sort of mis-communication?
Thanks given by:
F2 to posting while drunk. GTFO, Bukz.
Thanks given by:
(29 Aug 10, 09:57AM)anywaste Wrote: I have no idea what you mean.... All I am saying is that even though there are 24/7 t/osok servers, that doesn't prevent people from playing whatever mode they want, because they can always play on another server. Have we had some sort of mis-communication?

No need for more discussions about this. The devs didn't like it that the game had about 3-4 TOSOK ac_desert 24/7 servers every time they would open up the masterserver, so they changed it.

But talking about your comment:
(29 Aug 10, 02:54AM)anywaste Wrote: How is this a problem? There are plenty of servers, and plenty of non t/osok games...

All those servers full of noobs that play 24/7 ac_desert and if you're caught camping you're kicked could instead of acting like a noob magnet, make those servers actually usable for everyone with a mixture of many modes and maps, not only TOSOK ac_desert.

I wouldn't mind if there was a TOSOK only server just as there are for CTF. But playing the same map and mode the whole day is just sick. It would be like playing CTF ac_depot 24/7. Sure, it's a great map that brings lots of fun when the players are into the game, but playing it the whole day isn't right.

This 24/7 ac_desert TOSOK issue really reminds me to the CTF dust 24/7 servers. Very fun, but you did get bored after about 3-4 games.
Thanks given by:
(29 Aug 10, 05:29PM)|BC|Wolf Wrote: No need for more discussions about this. The devs didn't like it that the game had about 3-4 TOSOK ac_desert 24/7 servers every time they would open up the masterserver, so they changed it.

Wrong. The stuff that is not well liked is 24 / 7 TwinTower rounds with super high ceiling and lot's of itchy wqd. And as long as the map is voted for, you can play whatever you want. Including ac_desert all day long.

If you want to prevent a map being voted by normal clients, use the -A switch in the server configuration. This switch can be used several times.

(29 Aug 10, 05:29PM)|BC|Wolf Wrote: All those servers full of noobs that play 24/7 ac_desert and if you're caught camping you're kicked could instead of acting like a noob magnet, make those servers actually usable for everyone with a mixture of many modes and maps, not only TOSOK ac_desert.
In a combination of voting and playing this map it's certainly attracting bad people somehow. However, you can't say that everyone of these are 'noobs'? They know how the vote system works, no other noobs you've seen in other maps / modes vote do they?

I bet most of these servers allow you to vote. Therefore you are free to vote whatever you wish to play.
(29 Aug 10, 05:29PM)|BC|Wolf Wrote: I wouldn't mind if there was a TOSOK only server just as there are for CTF. But playing the same map and mode the whole day is just sick. It would be like playing CTF ac_depot 24/7. Sure, it's a great map that brings lots of fun when the players are into the game, but playing it the whole day isn't right.

This 24/7 ac_desert TOSOK issue really reminds me to the CTF dust 24/7 servers. Very fun, but you did get bored after about 3-4 games.
Interesting that you should say this. As CTF on mines, power, shine, and sunset seems to work great for others. All day long.
Thanks given by:
Quote:Wrong. The stuff that is not well liked is 24 / 7 TwinTower rounds with super high ceiling and lot's of itchy wqd. And as long as the map is voted for, you can play whatever you want. Including ac_desert all day long.

I don't know why you're talking about TwinTowers in a 1.1 thread, that map is blocked anyways, unlike ac_desert. Thing is, when I talk about TOSOK 24/7 ac_desert servers I supposed you would comprehend I meant it was in their maprot, since thats what makes the server what it is.

Quote:In a combination of voting and playing this map it's certainly attracting bad people somehow. However, you can't say that everyone of these are 'noobs'? They know how the vote system works, no other noobs you've seen in other maps / modes vote do they?

I agree with you that not all players there are noobs, of course. I sometimes play there when I get bored from playing CTF, but after 2 games I've had enough of the players and map/mode. How is knowing how to vote something that makes your "noobness" gone? Would it be the same thing if you knew how to strafe, jump or use scope? Would those things really help you overcome your noobness? Go to the TOSOK ac_desert servers in 1.1 and see how many people ask you how to kick since they "can't find it on the menu".

Quote:I bet most of these servers allow you to vote. Therefore you are free to vote whatever you wish to play.

LOL... You really think 20 TOSOK ac_desert addicts will actually vote for a HTF, CTF, or TDM game? Even having in mind how most of them don't even understand how to vote F1 or F2? The map is there for a reason; the server owner loves the mode/map as well, so he thinks he is helping the game by making servers with the maprot with only that and all those ac_desert addicts come straight to it like a pack a dogs for meat.

Quote:Interesting that you should say this. As CTF on mines, power, shine, and sunset seems to work great for others. All day long.

Interesting you haven't noticed how it's different from playing only depot 24/7 than playing shine, power, sunset, shine, etc..., in a variation :)

And most of that maprot was in 1.0.4 cmon and check the thread title. Now in 1.1 the HI SKILL servers offer new maps other than the usual 1.0.4 ones. Now you can find depot, werk, ingress and others in the maprot. At least there are variations in these servers, and it's a nice place to play without someone blaming you for camping or kicking you because of always killing them/annoying them.

ON TOPIC:
The /nextmap command doesn't work. When typed you get this, and yes, I tried this on many servers.

When I open the masterserver (1.1.0.2) this appears.
Thanks given by:
I get "unknown command current_version" as well. I use a mac. I just thought this was one of my various scripts :P
Thanks given by:
Mac as well.
Thanks given by:
Guys.
Seriously.
/setnext
/version
RTFM.
Thanks given by:
You could try to be a little less condescending V-Man.
The nextmap command appears to be a valid command - try typing next -> tab, and see what completes. And I don't know about you, but when I bring up the server list (which Wolf mentions he did, if you'd read his post) I, too, get the error "unknown command: current_version" on the console output. This is, after all, the Bug-Reports thread...
Thanks given by:
DES|V-Man.
Seriously.
We're not stupid.
I wouldn't use current_version in any of my scripts.
Even if I did, it would not be just checking the version.
* Ronald_Reagan feels offended.
Also, I believe I have only installed my own scripts, yours and DrauLs (maybe also DES|Bukz's).
Seriously.
Thanks given by: