Scripts
If there was no file named saved, then you would have to constantly be going through the startup screen (music, asking for screen ratio, full screen or not, and nickname). Is this happening, because that might be your problem.
Thanks given by:
ok i ve look everywhere again and there is no file named saved.cfg and no other autoexec.cfg
i don't know how but i also don't go through first start menu everytime i launch AC...
i use Ubuntu so i beleive there me must be some different file where this must be written, but i can't locate it... :/:(
Thanks given by:
(05 Aug 10, 11:48AM)Milandrag Wrote: ok i ve look everywhere again and there is no file named saved.cfg and no other autoexec.cfg
i don't know how but i also don't go through first start menu everytime i launch AC...
i use Ubuntu so i beleive there me must be some different file where this must be written, but i can't locate it... :/:(
The Ubuntu file browser does not show hidden files or folders by default, only the files that your user has access to.If you hit Ctrl+H you will immediately see all the hidden files.If you would just prefer to make this be the default setting when using file browser, go to the Edit menu and select Preferences.Check the “Show hidden and backup files” checkbox, and you should now see the hidden files all of the time.
Thanks given by:
OMG guys u trully are the best.
ive found the second autoexec.cfg beside saved.cfg
they were both hidden
so now scripts DO work... finally XD
tnx alot for all ur help
im really glad for your help
tnx a lot again XD
Thanks given by:
I have a feeling most if not all scripts from 1.0.4 won't work for 1.1 :/
Thanks given by:
Any based on weapon index will need to be adjusted.
A few of the menus will need adjustment as well, to compensate for changes in variables.
I'll probably lend my time to that when I start playing 1.1 in earnest.
Thanks given by:
I have a script request. Could someone please make a quickban script for the 1.1 version? Though unlike the old script, make it so that you don't need to put the pass in the command /qb cn pass; since most big servers have passes with letters and numbers you usually have them in a bind/alias since you wouldn't remember it, therefore, make the script work only when you have admin. Also make it toggle the console before it takes the ss of the whois, and also probably make it so that we can add our reason like /qb cn OURREASON

Thanks given by:
Try this out (see below instead), you must already have admin, and you must enter a reason.

So:

/qb cn reason

Would work the way you want it to (I think :P).

Edit:

Use the version below instead, the sleeps need to be higher in order to get the IP in the screenshot - my mistake. :P - Also I think this script will only support 1 word reasons, I'll look into adding phrase support. :P

http://pastebin.com/Uyq8vGhw
Thanks given by:
Thanks for the fast response :D

I'll have it and when it's needed I'll see if it works. Or I could also test it with a friend. I'll tell you if it works then.
Thanks given by:
Try out this version |BC|Wolf: http://pastebin.com/8kD2rkRT

It's a bit hacked away at, concat would not work properly when trying to add phrase support to the reasons, so I had to settle for seperating words with an underscore and using concatword.

But, you can enter up to 3 words to describe the reason for kicking the victim, and the script will take care of the rest. :)

Improvements very much welcomed.

Edit:

http://pastebin.com/ydYNY11y

Up to 5 words anyone? :)

E.g. /qb 0 1 2 3 4 5 - would kick client number 0, with the reason: 1_2_3_4_5
Thanks given by:
Created by me, then edited by Ronald_Reagan, and then fixed (Not sure if it's fixed, the glitch exists on my PC but not on DrauL's O_o) by DrauL. It's an 8ball script :D
Yes, I know we haven't got all the answers down there.
8ballanswers = ["8ball: Meow, I'm a cat!" "8ball: Oh, please, PLEASE, make it stop!" "8ball: Who do you think I am, DiLL?" "8ball: Are you MAD?!" "8ball: Sure. Yeah. Exactly." "8ball: It is decidedly so." "8ball: Not on your life." "8ball: No." "8ball: Maybe so." "8ball: Absolutely not." "8ball: Yes."]

alias 8ball [say ($arg1); sleep 10 [8response]]

alias 8response [say (at $8ballanswers (rnd (listlen $8ballanswers)))]]
Thanks given by:
It worked on mine. O.o
Premade Reasons for server admins

//Premade Reasons scripted by DrauL
//Note: "/btk 6" will ban cn  6 with reason: teamkiller.
//Custom
k1 = [kick ($arg1) "CUSTOM ANSWER HERE"]
k2 = [kick ($arg1) "CUSTOM ANSWER HERE"]
k3 = [kick ($arg1) "CUSTOM ANSWER HERE"]
b1 = [ban ($arg1) "CUSTOM ANSWER HERE"]
b2 = [ban ($arg1) "CUSTOM ANSWER HERE"]
b3 = [ban ($arg1) "CUSTOM ANSWER HERE"]

//Kick
kem = [kick ($arg1) "Edited Map"]
kbn = [kick ($arg1) "inapporiate nickname"]
ks = [kick ($arg1) "spam"]
kva = [kick ($arg1) "vote abuse"]
kn = [kick ($arg1) "noob"]
ktk = [kick ($arg1) "teamkiller"]

//Ban
btk = [ban ($arg1) "teamkiller"]
bva = [ban ($arg1) "vote abuse"]
bs = [ban ($arg1) "spam"]
bbn = [ban ($arg1) "inapporiate nickname"]
bem = [ban ($arg1) "Edited Map"]
Thanks given by:
Thanks to DrauL for the original idea, here is a more streamlined version of his above script:

http://pastebin.com/HKFz1DqD

Rather than having to remember all those different commands, you now only have to type in:

/b

for a ban, and:

/k

for a kick...Depending on what argument you put in after the client number, the script will use a predetermined reason for that kick or ban automatically. :)

Edit:

Even better version, smarter, more lightweight below:

http://pastebin.com/RynGDhaN

Thanks to GreaseMonkey for the tips and GeneralDisarray for explaining to me what I was noobin. :D
Thanks given by:
LoL. GG.
Thanks given by:
Some of the scripts in this thread are not working for 1.1 :( . Why don't we start a new '1.1 scripts' thread with usefull scripts? Crappy (but funny) scripts will be here. What do you think scripters?
Thanks given by:
From here on out my scripts will either be cross-compatible with 1.0.4 and 1.1, or I will provide two seperate versions of the script. There has not been enough time since 1.1's release for people to get all their scripts updated, I think you will start seeing a lot of posts in this thread in the next few weeks.

So IMO, there really is no need for *another* script thread, just expect some of the older posts in this thread to contain scripts that were written for 1.0.4 only, and therefore may not work in 1.1 until the author updates it, which they will likely post it here once they have anyways. :D
Thanks given by:
Neh, all my scripts are made to work in 1.1 now anyway. If someone wants me to update my old scripts, they can ask me here or in a PM.
Thanks given by:
I plan on updating my scripts to 1.1 compatibility and notifying y'all here.
Thanks given by:
alias chanceofyai [rnd 100]
bind f [ if $editing [solid 1] [quicknadethrow]]
bind q [ if $editing [ domodifier 1 ] [melee; attack]]
bind MOUSE3 [secondary; attack]
bind MOUSE1 [primary; attack; if (= (curweapon) 4) [if (= (chanceofyai) 4) [say AIYAIYAIYAIYAIYAIYAIYAI]]]
bind MOUSE2 [ if $editing [ showmenu editing ] [ altaction ] ]
The updated each-mouse-button-as-attack script. As an added bonus I included my chanceofyai thing!
Thanks given by:
Also, people can just search for key commands that may of changed, such as curprimary and such. Though there are new commands put into 1.1
Thanks given by:
http://forum.cubers.net/thread-567.html

Going through each of my Akimbo scripts in the light of 1.1, I've updated a few and confirmed compatibility with others.
OK, here goes:
Exponent - Already 1.1 compatible!
rewind - Already 1.1 compatible!
average - Already 1.1 compatible!
config execute menu - Already 1.1 compatible!
Friends - Already 1.1 compatible!
Smoothzoom - Already 1.1 compatible!
Assault Your Ears - Already 1.1 compatible! But... Should I add a "preload" option (i.e., who would use it)?

Quote generator updated for 1.1
RapidFire screenshot script updated for 1.1
Seconds Remaining updated for 1.1
Rave script menu updated for 1.1

sbwrapper - will be updated when "connectadmin" command is de-noobed (how'd those get in there?!).
Accuracy - will not be updated for 1.1 due to changes (more armor, more armor effectiveness) making it even less accurate!
SkinSwitch - will not be updated for 1.1 due to its shamefully kludgy, red-headed-step-child nature.
Automatic - Made obsolete by the 1.1 scripts.cfg - check it out!
Thanks given by:
I CBA to download and un-zip your quote generator, what's changed? I've been using it fine in 1.1.
Thanks given by:
I made it so that it uses the new default script "add2alias" to tack quotes onto the end of your current start_intermission native alias instead of completely taking it over. In this light, I also removed the automatic [say "gg"] in each quote, so you get to choose whether "gg" is automatically said (add2alias start_intermission [say "gg"]) or not.
EDIT: don't "CBA" to get your own quotes, though. :-P
Thanks given by:
A rather simple say weapon statistics script...

/saystats 1 // Shows only your primary weapon info
/saystats 2 // Shows both your primary and secondary weapon info
/saystats 3 // Shows primary weapon, secondary weapon, and grenade info
/saystats -1 // Shows a more compact version of /saystats 3

Simply copy and paste the script into your autoexec.cfg, save, and you're ready to rock! Built for 1.1, enjoy! :)

Edit:

Say info to teamates only version here...
"Headphones volume mode" script for 1.1...

/hdp 1 // Enables (applies) your predefined headphones volume level
/hdp 0 // Disables (applies) your OLD soundvol before you entered /hdp 1

Don't forget to read the install directions if you're not sure what you're doing. :P
Thanks given by:
Sorry if anyone downloaded my new quote generator and accidentally spammed all over the place.
I fixed it so it doesn't keep iterating itself.
:D
Thanks given by:
Just so everyone knows, i will be only editing my old scripts to make them compatable for 1.1 on request.
Thanks given by:
(17 Aug 10, 04:44AM)DES|V-Man Wrote: Sorry if anyone downloaded my new quote generator and accidentally spammed all over the place.
I fixed it so it doesn't keep iterating itself.
:D
If you want it done right, do it yourself :P
Mine was working fine ahehahea.
Thanks given by:
fyi V-Man (and all accuracy lovers), 1.1.0.2 (atm) is going to have a accuracy [1|0] switch :)
@V-Man (and other cubescripters) and also:

checkalias X   (returns 1 if X is defined)
conline          (represents last console line)
delalias X       (completely removes X alias)
+= X number   (makes X equal to X+number)
-= X number    (makes X equal to X-number)
strstr X Y         (returns 1 if Y can be found in X, X&Y are strings not necessarely variables)
execdir X       (executes *.cfg in directory X, it can easy deployment/organization of scripts)
c X                (command to put color ascii codes in a clean way like /echo (c 0) green (c X) purple)
Thanks given by:
(17 Aug 10, 06:28PM)Kirin Wrote: fyi V-Man (and all accuracy lovers), 1.1.0.2 (atm) is going to have a accuracy [1|0] switch :)
@V-Man (and other cubescripters) and also:

checkalias X   (returns 1 if X is defined)
conline          (represents last console line)
delalias X       (completely removes X alias)
+= X number   (makes X equal to X+number)
-= X number    (makes X equal to X-number)
strstr X Y         (returns 1 if Y can be found in X, X&Y are strings not necessarely variables)
execdir X       (executes *.cfg in directory X, it can easy deployment/organization of scripts)
c X                (command to put color ascii codes in a clean way like /echo (c 0) green (c X) purple)
Er, I'll go change my underwear now.
Thanks given by:
http://desbukz.pastebin.com/dEQ3m0RS

Updated shorthand kick/ban script. It now works in conjunction with grenadier's claimadmin script, and will automatically set admin, whois, screenshot, kick/ban client, and write a predefined reason to the serverlog for reference from owner(s)/admin(s) later on. After the script has "taken care of business" it will automatically drop admin status.

Here are some examples of the script in action:

Example Client Log
Example Server Log
Example Server Log #2
Example Server Log #3

Pay special attention to the highlighted lines. The idea of this script was to provide the public with a generic reason for kicking/banning - "admin", while giving owners and admins of servers specific details as to why an admin performed the action. Writelog is a pretty cool overlooked feature. :)

P.S. Written for and tested on AC 1.1
Thanks given by: