Ideas
Er... isn't it
/alias cancel [setadmin 1 password; vote 0; setadmin 0]
?
Thanks given by:
Ya, tempest would be correct. To be save, add a sleep ~10-200 after the setadmin 1 pw.
Thanks given by:
Along with filtering foul language, block consecutive messages containing the same/excessive remarks. Team chat is where much harassment takes place, likely so the other team cannot hear it, maybe because demos do not store it.
Thanks given by:
Just like getting a demo from a game, the availability of getting the chat with something like: "/getchat" which also includes team talk. Would be nice instead of getting a 1000 KB demo and taking the screenshot of the chat, to download a 10 KB Notepad file that has the chat.
Thanks given by:
Wolf: Linux and Windows users have the privilege of client logs from the .bat or .sh :>
If you could run AC from terminal in Mac you could get it too.
Thanks given by:
I bet you can.
Thanks given by:
im not sure if this was already in AC 1.1 cuz i could not get a chance to test it.
Idea 1: restrict a player from coming back to game after being kicked (for curtain reason). after the game round ends, he may come back
Idea 2:restrict a player from voting kick/ban constantly. maybe set it to 2 minutes. so after your vote has passed, you cant start a vote for 2 minutes
Thanks given by:
I thought in 1.1, demos record team talk and display it for both teams.

@pwned: There's a measure in place now that keeps people from calling excessive votes (if those votes fail). Naturally it doesn't stop an admin from banning several people in a row (since those votes don't fail).

Also, I think it's good to let multiple votes to ban pass if there are multiple cheaters or TKers, etc. It would suck to have to endure that in between kick/ban votes.
Thanks given by:
@V-Man
there are other players in the game that will start the vote.
Quote: if there are multiple cheaters
that's where Brahma's anti-cheat system comes in
Thanks given by:
Over-reliance on anti-cheat will lead to crappy matches. Nothing compares to good parental supervision a reliable admin but that doesn't always happen.
Thanks given by:
Sorry if I made it sound like cheating is the only reason to ban someone. There are plenty without me needing to list them all.
Thanks given by:
Someone suggested me to post it in the idea thread so :
http://forum.cubers.net/thread-946.html

:)
Thanks given by:
(19 Sep 10, 10:57PM)Jack Wrote:
(16 Sep 10, 08:44PM)Mael Wrote: Eliminate No votes, allow admins to cancel votes, and abbreviate voting time. There really isn't any reason for No votes, and votes called often last much longer than necessary. When a vote ends 10 Yes - 4 No it just creates confusion for new players who don't understand how voting works.

/alias cancel [vote 0; setadmin 1 password; setadmin 0]

Then when there's a vote you:

/cancel

(19 Sep 10, 11:46PM)tempest Wrote: Er... isn't it
/alias cancel [setadmin 1 password; vote 0; setadmin 0]
?

(19 Sep 10, 11:51PM)Ronald_Reagan Wrote: Ya, tempest would be correct. To be save, add a sleep ~10-200 after the setadmin 1 pw.

Actually RR, you can vote and then claim admin and whatever you voted automatically happens. Pass or Fail
Thanks given by:
No, what if you already voted and you want to change your mind?
Thanks given by:
(19 Sep 10, 11:51PM)Ronald_Reagan Wrote: To be safe
Yea, whatever DrauL, I like to be safe.
Probably the reason I'm not dead...
Thanks given by:
(19 Sep 10, 11:51PM)Ronald_Reagan Wrote: Ya, tempest would be correct. To be save, add a sleep ~10-200 after the setadmin 1 pw.

I don't see what the difference is between voting no, then taking and releasing admin; and taking admin, voting no, and releasing admin. Or why we need a sleep.
Thanks given by:
Because Cubescript is bound to fail and there is lag and computers are shitty.
Thanks given by:
we should be able to use a read only var like "ping" in cubescript :D for example :
forceteam 0; sleep $ping [forceteam 1]
Thanks given by:
How can you have a read-only var that's constantly changing?
Thanks given by:
We already have alive and version and curprimary and...
Thanks given by:
Tis a read only that could help by saying "Your ping is too high" if your ping hits a number.
Be something like;
while [(ping) < 400] []
[
  echo "Check your ping!"
]

This is assuming that "while" didn't bomb your client.
Thanks given by:
(25 Sep 10, 08:08PM)Ronald_Reagan Wrote: Tis a read only that could help by saying "Your ping is too high" if your ping hits a number.
Be something like;
while [(ping) > 400] []
[
  echo "Check your ping!";
  sleep 5000;
]

This is assuming that "while" didn't bomb your client.

Fixed your operator ;)
Also we don't want to flood ourselves, maybe once every 5 seconds will do? :p
Thanks given by:
Hey I was just drafting it up.
Yea, the right operator would help :D
Also, I didn't spend too much time considering that ping isn't even implemented.
Thanks given by:
"read-only" refers to the inability of the user to change it as if it were a setting. It is something that constantly monitors the status of a particular aspect of the game and can report it at any moment on command.
And yeah, /ping would be a great command to have.
And don't use "while" to do that. XD
Thanks given by:
(25 Sep 10, 08:08PM)Ronald_Reagan Wrote: This is assuming that "while" didn't bomb your client.

(26 Sep 10, 08:29AM)DES|V-Man Wrote: And don't use "while" to do that. XD

Constant loops is kinda iffy, cuz ping changes a lot. I guess you can do a recursive loop if you want :P
Thanks given by:
alias checkping [if ( > (ping) $pinglimit) [ echo "U LAG !"]; sleep 5000 [checkping]]
something like that :p
Ok in clientgame.cpp :
// existing part
int isalive() { return player1->state==CS_ALIVE ? 1 : 0; }
COMMANDN(alive, isalive, ARG_IVAL);
// what to add
int ping() { return player1->ping; }
COMMAND(ping, ARG_IVAL);
then compile and it will work :)
Devs can you add it ? :D
Thanks given by:
(26 Sep 10, 08:29AM)DES|V-Man Wrote: "read-only" refers to the inability of the user to change it as if it were a setting. It is something that constantly monitors the status of a particular aspect of the game and can report it at any moment on command.
And yeah, /ping would be a great command to have.
And don't use "while" to do that. XD

Oh, that read-only. :P
Thanks given by:
Luc@s, if you were going to do a recursive loop, make it way less than 5 seconds... By five seconds you would've already figured out :P Also, if your computer is too slow to handle a 5 second loop, then lag wouldn't be a new thing. I'd set it around 1-500
Thanks given by:
Some one once on IRC mentioned an idea about a game mode: Efficiency (I think it was Brett, but I'm not so sure). Something like TS but at every new round everyone would spawn with the same type of weapon and teams would be constantly swamping sides, sounds interesting...
Thanks given by:
(26 Sep 10, 10:59PM)Ronald_Reagan Wrote: Luc@s, if you were going to do a recursive loop, make it way less than 5 seconds... By five seconds you would've already figured out :P Also, if your computer is too slow to handle a 5 second loop, then lag wouldn't be a new thing. I'd set it around 1-500

it was just an example lol
The only thing that could be taken is the c++ part
Thanks given by: