aG 3vs3 Tournament
Hi guys!

So we're going to be hosting a 3vs3 CTF-only tournment from the 30th. It's a double elimination cup so you aren't knocked out immediately if you lose a match. Everyone is welcome to participate either as a group of three friends or a clan.

There are no prizes, but I'm certain it'll be a fun and challenging event with weekly matches against some of the best clans in AC. If you're new to AC it's a great way to learn and you're welcome to signup as a mixed team -- all you need are two mates plus yourself! If you're one of the top clans come and prove your skills by competing for first place!

For signups click here!
(Signups end on the 29th!)

For full rules click here!
(The most important stuff is summarised on the signups page.)

Post any questions and concerns either over on the aG forum or here. Some changes may be made to the rules as a result of your input.
Thanks given by:
FYI - Another hitreg fixed server (in Chicago, USA):
/connect ferric.tk 1492
Thanks given by:
(17 Jan 12, 04:01AM)Ronald_Reagan Wrote: FYI - Another hitreg fixed server:
/connect ferric.tk 1492

Thanks, we'll be talking with server owners soon. Maybe a few league-only servers will be setup.

We're also seeking two casters and a streamer with good English, clear mic and good knowledge of the game. I hope we'll be able to cast the best games from each round with some really enlightening commentary.
Thanks given by:
(17 Jan 12, 04:06AM)Roflcopter Wrote: I hope we'll be able to cast the best games from each round with some really enlightening commentary.

Enlightening might be hard to come by. I think it might be very easy to find casters that sometimes talk about the game.
Thanks given by:
Undead/MM10/Jason trio.

By the way, you got a typo in your rules post, just something I thought of bringing up.
"After both rounds if both teams have won the same number of rounds a tiebreaker is played which varies each week."

I think you meant if both teams have the same amount of flags?
Thanks given by:
(17 Jan 12, 04:26AM)|BC|Wolf Wrote: By the way, you got a typo in your rules post, just something I thought of bringing up.
"After both rounds if both teams have won the same number of rounds a tiebreaker is played which varies each week."

I think you meant if both teams have the same amount of flags?

No that is correct, but maybe unclear. Perhaps I can phrase it better?

Example #1 (A vs B):
A picks X, score 3-1 to A
B picks Y, score 1-1
A won one round, B won no rounds. A wins.

Example #2 (C vs D):
C picks X, score 9-1 to C
D picks Y, score 3-0 to D
C and D both won a round so they play the tiebreaker.

Basically, a round is only won if you have more flags. In a draw neither team wins. After both rounds, if they have the same number of round wins they play the tiebreaker. So you only play the tiebreaker if the teams tie both rounds, or they win one each.
Thanks given by:
What about having 1 sub player incase the main guy cant make it? this can help alot of people incase of sudden problems resulting in inactivity
Thanks given by:
Rofl,
I'd be happy to cast if you can find someone willing to stream. I suggest SKB but I have no idea how busy he is and I know he'd need a few days notice for each game and a set time.

Also,
If I was to cast would that interfere with me playing in the tourny?

Thanks for setting this up, looks great.
Thanks given by:
|oNe| will participate

good luck rest of the lads
Thanks given by:
(17 Jan 12, 06:08AM)lucky Wrote: What about having 1 sub player incase the main guy cant make it? this can help alot of people incase of sudden problems resulting in inactivity

We should probably mention this in the rules. Both teams should be entitled to two substitutes and more if there are enough server slots. Substitutes should use /benchme so they can't easily ghost for their team.

(17 Jan 12, 07:02AM)Waffles Wrote: I'd be happy to cast if you can find someone willing to stream. I suggest SKB but I have no idea how busy he is and I know he'd need a few days notice for each game and a set time.

Also,
If I was to cast would that interfere with me playing in the tourny?

I'll see if I can get in contact with the casters from previous events. Then we can run a few test casts and get things worked out.

You can still play and cast other games, but just obviously not the games you're playing.

(17 Jan 12, 07:05AM)Undead Wrote: |oNe| will participate

Awesome!
Thanks given by:
Ok that will solve a lot of issues.
Thanks given by:
I would love to play... maybe I do!
Thanks given by:
(17 Jan 12, 03:57PM)paulmuaddibKA Wrote: I would love to play... maybe I do!

you are invited to play, if your dont have a clan or your mates cant play , you can create a mixed team.

if not for the competition, do it for fun ^^
Thanks given by:
Nice job rofl :-D
Thanks given by:
dR will participate !
Thanks given by:
30th is right after exams, nice. I would be willing to cast/stream or might(?) even finally do both at once. (i'm still locked to 480p, tho)

Also, TyD! obviously won't participate. (oh, do prove me wrong D:)
Thanks given by:
FD participate
Thanks given by:
(17 Jan 12, 03:57PM)paulmuaddibKA Wrote: I would love to play... maybe I do!

be mah partner :D
Thanks given by:
(17 Jan 12, 06:47PM)SKB Wrote: 30th is right after exams, nice. I would be willing to cast/stream or might(?) even finally do both at once. (i'm still locked to 480p, tho)

Also, TyD! obviously won't participate. (oh, do prove me wrong D:)

Ahhh the infamous SKB/Jason casting tag-team ;D <3
Thanks given by:
(17 Jan 12, 06:47PM)SKB Wrote: Also, TyD! obviously won't participate. (oh, do prove me wrong D:)

FU, I'm working on trying to get a TyD team together... if not I may have to throw together a rag tag band of misfits.
Thanks given by:
Let me know if you need someone to stream the games.

I got 50MB/s down and 5MB/s up.
Thanks given by:
Hope LC will play and hope test members can play :D
Thanks given by:
We're up to six teams in the first day. We're considering bringing the signup deadline to this Sunday if signups continue to be this fast. But let us know if that would cause anyone trouble and we'll definitely keep the dates the same.

Some minor changes and clarifications to the rules have been made based from some suggestions we've had in this thread and a few from others elsewhere. Still want to hear your comments!

(17 Jan 12, 09:47PM)AnGeL* Wrote: Hope LC will play and hope test members can play :D

There's no limit on the members you can signup in your roster so it will be fine. Also larger teams may be happy to know they can register up to two teams.

(17 Jan 12, 09:22PM)Aekom Wrote: Let me know if you need someone to stream the games.

I got 50MB/s down and 5MB/s up.

Sounds good, I'll message you in the coming days.
Thanks given by:
Hm, I believe eQ still needs a bit of time to consider, Roflcopter
Thanks given by:
KyR will play, gl hf
Thanks given by:
I dont believe that HyPE mates will be so active in this so Free Agent :)
Thanks given by:
I'd like to announce Newbie from w00p as our second referee. Since aG will be participating we felt the need of a second referee that was independent.

We're now up to eight teams within two days with only eight more spaces to go.

We're considering changing how the tiebreaker is played. At the moment a tiebreak map is decided each week and random sides will be given to each pair of teams for if they need to play the tiebreaker. Instead, we're considering having the teams play two rounds of the tiebreaker -- once each side -- and totalling the teams' flags. Tell us your thoughts!

Finally, we're considering disallowing ac_arid and ac_aqueous since they're rather biased. Again we want to hear your thoughts.

(17 Jan 12, 11:40PM)Mai Mee Tur Wrote: Hm, I believe eQ still needs a bit of time to consider, Roflcopter

Okay, we'll make sure to wait for your decision. Signup deadline is still the 29th.
Thanks given by:
i like the concept of tiebreakers being more even. Although that amount of time playing might be a pain in the ass. if each round is already 15 minutes that means that a tiebreaker round would total 1 match equaling 1 hour at least. I'd be down to play that long but it might conflict with people.

unfair maps should be disallowed. Although people's opinions of unfair maps may be different. Rattrap is clearly unfair, as well as the aforementioned.
Thanks given by:
(18 Jan 12, 10:13PM)Waffles Wrote: i like the concept of tiebreakers being more even. Although that amount of time playing might be a pain in the ass. if each round is already 15 minutes that means that a tiebreaker round would total 1 match equaling 1 hour at least. I'd be down to play that long but it might conflict with people.

There was another suggestion made by @cid. He suggested we play 1 round of TSURV ac_desert to determine who picks the side for the tiebreaker.

(18 Jan 12, 10:13PM)Waffles Wrote: unfair maps should be disallowed. Although people's opinions of unfair maps may be different. Rattrap is clearly unfair, as well as the aforementioned.

If we do ban unfair maps it will be very conservatively (i.e. just ac_aqueous and ac_arid). ac_rattrap is not playable in CTF.
Thanks given by:
Honestly, I think the tiebreaker map should be Depot, I think it's the most non-bias'd map, just my opinion.

Thanks given by: