Why* are** all the** marginal** clans dying?*
http://forum.cubers.net/thread-2413-post...l#pid46509

:>
Thanks given by:
I would like to add some forum rules:
1. No money in posts please, if you want to donate, keep it for yourself.
2. No posts longer than 10 lines of text. (who the fuck should read it ?)
3. The code discussion should be in developers' section or in sourceforge.net forum. (it can improve learning curve of new coders)

How to test patches and improvements:
There are 3 tiers: development, forum and game community. The important is to have them synchronized. In 1.1 version it wasn't. I would analyze each tier (random test in game, forum clan flamewars and then dev vision etc. - everything should be balanced)
Thanks given by:
I would have lold of your post was longer than 10 lines :D
Thanks given by:
What is this thread for?
Thanks given by:
(17 Oct 11, 10:27PM)|BC|Wolf Wrote: What is this thread for?

it was originally about dyH| being reborn but OFFLINE changed it to the question about why clans are dying, which lead into some huge discussion about which clan survived the longest. It got VERY off topic.
Thanks given by:
(18 Oct 11, 12:43AM)|FOX|Exia Wrote:

it was originally about dyH| being reborn but OFFLINE changed it to the question about why clans are dying, which lead into some huge discussion about which clan survived the longest. It got VERY off topic.

And then players started talking about how the forum rules should be changed and how the devs could improve the game.

This thread is a clusterf*ck of unrelated posts.
Thanks given by:
(18 Oct 11, 03:38AM)Orynge Wrote:

And then players started talking about how the forum rules should be changed and how the devs could improve the game.

I just realized that even though clans are dying, people refuse to stay on topic and reason the possiblities in dying clans, or they just stay on topic with off-topic posts like we just did in the last few quotes ^^. Logic Win?
Thanks given by:
(18 Oct 11, 03:59AM)|FOX|Exia Wrote:
(18 Oct 11, 03:38AM)Orynge Wrote:

I just realized that even though clans are dying, people refuse to stay on topic and reason the possiblities in dying clans, or they just stay on topic with off-topic posts like we just did in the last few quotes ^^. Logic Win?

Yep. :)

Turtles. Discuss.
Thanks given by:
Hahahah, that's how AC 'gestapo' deals with uncomfortable discussions... modifying threads titles and releasing their dogs to totally destroy and deviate what was a nice and constructive discussion between members.

Nice way to manage a 'community driven' game... go sell smoke to someone else roflmao... this game crew have no credibility at all.
Thanks given by:
(18 Oct 11, 07:01PM)Dade Wrote: Hahahah, that's how AC 'gestapo' deals with uncomfortable discussions... modifying threads titles and releasing their dogs to totally destroy and deviate what was a nice and constructive discussion between members.

Nice way to manage a 'community driven' game... go sell smoke to someone else roflmao... this game crew have no credibility at all.

Thread title had errors. I fixed it. If I wanted to hide that I had done any modifying of the thread title, I could have.

Also, simple fact is, it's the clans that have been around for a short period of time, that are dying off.

Old thread title: .why all clans dieing?
New thread title: Why are all the marginal clans dying?

Please don't troll around trying to compare me to Nazi Germany.
Thanks given by:
Thank you RandomKiwi for providing the most beautifully succinct answer to the original question. By changing the thread title it tells us that any clan that is not part of the favoured few is "marginal" and that AC doesn't need or want them.

Not that we didn't already know that of course ;)
Thanks given by:
Last post of mine in this forums (many will be happy), I see no reason to waste my time and keep beating my head against a wall. If one wan't to still contribute to an AC related project, see you on <censored> forums.

Dear RandumKiwi, you can even be God (of whichever religion) and you will still have NO RIGHT to modify the words of any community member of the community. This discussion was useful, constructive and would have given very positive results for the community in genera, and specially for you guys working at the game. There were no insults nor trolling to justify the decision toward it, which can only be explained by the synonym I provided on my last post.

Why thread title had errors? Because it can't feed your propaganda needs? Moreover, who the hell you think you are to define a clan as 'marginal' or 'not marginal'?

As BloodSport have done, I also thanks you to demonstrates that statements made on this thread were true and easy to verify. Keep follow this attitude, it will probably result on good results for your project.

GGz!

Mod edit: Censored because that project is a POS led by someone with problems.
Thanks given by:
(18 Oct 11, 08:57PM)Dade Wrote: GGz!
More like, "BGz!" :(
Thanks given by:
(18 Oct 11, 08:57PM)Dade Wrote: Dear RandumKiwi, you can even be God (of whichever religion) and you will still have NO RIGHT to modify the words of any community member of the community.

Maybe you should take another look at what you agreed to before signing up for the forums.

AC Forums Registration Agreement Wrote:You agree that we have the ability and right to remove, edit, or lock any account or message at any time should it be seen fit.
Thanks given by:
http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/malcontent
Thanks given by:
Woww lots of posts! Gj ZeuZ.
Thanks given by:
http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/marginal
Thanks given by:
Dade, I dont know what your problem is.

Public message to you:

If you keep going off on any other forum users (ie RK) for no reason, I will perma ban you from these forums. For someone who seems to have many ideas, you sure have horrible ones. Way to disrespect the ones who help make these forums possible for you. Learn some respect.

I just dare you to post one more flaming post.
Thanks given by:
(19 Oct 11, 12:18AM)Ronald_Reagan Wrote: Dade, I dont know what your problem is.

Public message to you:

If you keep going off on any other forum users (ie RK) for no reason, I will perma ban you from these forums. For someone who seems to have many ideas, you sure have horrible ones. Way to disrespect the ones who help make these forums possible for you. Learn some respect.

I just dare you to post one more flaming post.

I Completely Agree, Forums, need 2 parts. The Poster and the Reader, dont ruin it for others!
Thanks given by:
(18 Oct 11, 10:33PM)Orynge Wrote:
(18 Oct 11, 08:57PM)Dade Wrote: Dear RandumKiwi, you can even be God (of whichever religion) and you will still have NO RIGHT to modify the words of any community member of the community.

Maybe you should take another look at what you agreed to before signing up for the forums.

AC Forums Registration Agreement Wrote:You agree that we have the ability and right to remove, edit, or lock any account or message at any time should it be seen fit.

Like +1. Also, Like +1 on "Turtles. Discuss" Me gusta turtles :D

Dade... that's just messed up... RK was trying to help by fixing errors.. no biggie o_o

-request closing this thread on account of offtopic posts, arguments, etc.-
Thanks given by:
I'm waiting for Dade to take up RR's dare.
Thanks given by:
^^ main reason I didn't close it.
Thanks given by:
To each his own. As someone important in my life put it:

Every action in life is optional, but the consequence of that action (or lack thereof) is not.
Thanks given by:
I think it would be amazing if grenades would be pies.
Thanks given by:
I would like to buy a apartment_map to live in. I am looking for cheap rent. I like my floors tidy, so little/no pickups would be great. I have a budget of 64cubes each month.

Thanks given by:
All the marginal clans die because they're just that... Marginal. A clans should first and foremost be solidified in bonds of friendship and share a common ideal, to play the game and have fun doing it. They should also be built off an epic foundation and have a catchy, sleek, and stylish look to them. Many new clans don't think beyond the first few minutes. A clan also needs belief, absolute and pure, in it's awesomeness. For instance KH will never die because there will always be at least one player in it. That commitment should translate over to newer clans. We'd have a lot more life on the wiki.

iPhone dye. You'd think with all the technology I seem to be able to get my hands on I'd be able to pay my Internet...
Thanks given by:
(18 Oct 11, 10:29PM)|BC|Wolf Wrote:
(18 Oct 11, 08:57PM)Dade Wrote: GGz!
More like, "BGz!" :(

Haha i agree to this!
(19 Oct 11, 09:13PM)MorganKell Wrote: All the marginal clans die because they're just that... Marginal. A clans should first and foremost be solidified in bonds of friendship and share a common ideal, to play the game and have fun doing it. They should also be built off an epic foundation and have a catchy, sleek, and stylish look to them. Many new clans don't think beyond the first few minutes. A clan also needs belief, absolute and pure, in it's awesomeness. For instance KH will never die because there will always be at least one player in it. That commitment should translate over to newer clans. We'd have a lot more life on the wiki.

iPhone dye. You'd think with all the technology I seem to be able to get my hands on I'd be able to pay my Internet...

Thanks given by:
A lot of clans dying lately have not been marginal, however.
IOD
Xu
BME
FOX
I wouldn't call any of those clans marginal.
Thanks given by:
esp. Xu <3
Thanks given by:
I may believe those clans zarj named may have had quite a good idea of what they wanted before start and stay strong on this ground for even longer, but there are lot of things that implies keeping its member together, not like any of these clan have all same objectives, but while this doesn't work is possible their members see this as decision for quitting as the clan doesn't reflect what it was supposed to be any longer, in some cases disbanding it.

(19 Oct 11, 09:13PM)MorganKell Wrote: ...A clan also needs belief, absolute and pure, in it's awesomeness. For instance KH will never die because there will always be at least one player in it.

That's why i'll never quit my clan.
Thanks given by: