next release (formerly "1105", but that's just incorrect)
With the introduction of a new version, AC forums will likely change, for the better. The discussions should shift from a negative, flame war style, to a "I don't understand"/ Let me help, positive style.

The game has went to long without a update [ just my opinion ]. There is nothing productive left to talk about [ In regards to 1104, and questions concerning 1104 ]. Everything has been said. Some users may be growing bored with AC, and the negative aura, that seems to haunt this address.

There is so much that could be discussed about 1105. The change log, o0, is long. There could be new threads discussing changes/ new features in the editor, or the new Survival mode, and who holds a record. The changes/ new features to CS, is unreal. That alone, will trigger new scripts, and maybe even a scripting script. Advanced users will be making some very powerful and useful scripts for AC.

Lets make this thread, discussions only. 1105 only. Lets get started early, lets answer questions before they get asked. Lets make this and INFORMATIONAL thread only, leave non sense at the door. Lets agree to disagree. As one, we are nothing, as a whole, we are everything.

1105 ASAP - F1

:3 Its not about when 1105 will be released, its how much will we know about 1105 before 1105.

Thanks given by:
[Image: super-cool-story-bro.png]
So this thread is supposed to be about ideas for 1105?
http://forum.cubers.net/thread-16-page-33.html
Or is it about what's new in 1105?
https://actiongame.svn.sourceforge.net/s...ngelog.txt

EDIT: just posting some helpful links, not trying to demean your thread or anything.

I also think it should be released soon, but that decision is ultimately up to the devs.
Thanks given by:
We will discuss it when its out.
Thanks given by:
There has been lots of changes/updates, I too feel it should be released as soon as possible. I think the only thing hanging us up ATM, is weapon balance related things. There also seems to be a rather large lack of SVN testing going on lately, it could slow things up a bit in the long run.
Thanks given by:
Can anyone give us a little teaser info to pass the time untill the release.
Thanks given by:
More devs but slower development D:

Good luck with 1105 ;)
Thanks given by:
You must not keep up on SVN activity eh SiL3nT? ;)
Thanks given by:
i am actually very much awaiting the new version ^^ getting tired of the shotgun whores here :P
Thanks given by:
Next version will be released when it's ready...
But things will go faster if we have more testers ;)
Thanks given by:
[Image: detail-graph.php?group_id=123597&ugn=act...11&graph=1]
Well, judging by this chart, devs are most active when they are first added to the team (end of march), but quickly become much less active. Some might suggest that just keep adding more and more devs to the team, but this is a simplistic answer to a complex problem, and would be very inefficient. Instead, I would like to propose a rotating schedule: the dev team would be broken into four sub-teams, and each sub-team would be assigned a season. Each sub-team would only be allowed access to the SVN during their corresponding season, and in this way we will keep the devs from becoming too worn out to continue, and keep SVN activity at a max (because, you know, thats the best way to gauge how much the devs are actually working).
Thanks given by:
(10 Jun 11, 07:35PM)vern Wrote: That alone, will trigger new scripts, and maybe even a scripting script.

I believe if was YOU that promised you would release it.
Thanks given by:
Lantry - that would be cool if this was a professional job. It's hard to do that kind of labour when it's just a free-time hobby :)
Thanks given by:
Post the change log, devs?!
Thanks given by:
http://actiongame.svn.sourceforge.net/vi...ngelog.txt
Thanks given by:
I would love being a tester for the SVN..but sadly on how unitelligent i am with technology stuff..like bugs etc i wouldnt be much help..also slow internet speed :/
Thanks given by:
Thanks, Tempest. I assumed they'd be on this site. :(

3 New maps!?!? Cool stuff :D
Thanks given by:
That is one Hell of a list. I'm sure with more to be added.

I though the H, and I key in the editor were changed to a single key. It is now dependent upon which way you are looking, ( up or down ) to set ceiling or floor heightfield. Not 100% sure.
Thanks given by:
Quote:[*] inWater - Determines if you are standing or submerged in water.

Does this mean inWater will return three possible values for in water, out of water, and underwater, or two possible values for underwater or over water?
Thanks given by:
Is ac_industrial the same map as ac_industrialisies?
Thanks given by:
Yes, that is the same map.
Thanks given by:
Lol, AFAIK devs aren't bots, so they have their lives too......
Also
(10 Jun 11, 10:15PM)SiL3nT Wrote: Lantry - that would be cool if this was a professional job. It's hard to do that kind of labour when it's just a free-time hobby :)
Thanks given by:
(10 Jun 11, 10:15PM)SiL3nT Wrote: Lantry - that would be cool if this was a professional job. It's hard to do that kind of labour when it's just a free-time hobby :)

Sorry, I was just offering my modest proposal.
Thanks given by:
To be honest 2 of the maps are more for publics. The one map I will think can go REALLY well in clan matches in ac_industrial.

I hate the floor texture in ac_stellar but I think the map could work for both publics and clan matches but edifice is purely a public map so I like the way the devs have done this.

1 map that can be used in clan matches.
1 map that can be 50/50.
Last map will be very much for publics!
Thanks given by:
Xenon: Are you saying that the maps that aren't good for clan matches shouldn't be added to the official map list or are you giving your opinion on the maps?
Thanks given by:
My opinion on maps. I know AC is not all about clan matches but I usually play inters/cm. This is only my opinion and I like the way the devs have added the maps :)
Thanks given by:
@Mael: RTFM ;)
http://assault.cubers.net/docs/reference...er_inWater

Btw, maybe I should mention that the docs on the main page (like the above reference.xml) are the SVN version. So on one hand, many of the things there don't work in the current version, but on the other, you can find information on all the new stuff.
Thanks given by:
More like RTFD! (Read the F***ing Docs)
Thanks given by:
Who made industrial? :O
Thanks given by:
read map packages/maps/official/ac_industrial.cgz rev 67 (72 milliseconds)
Industrialisies by jiba, Sanzo'' & Brett
Thanks given by:
AC 1.1.1 right?
Thanks given by: