Edit classic maps
Hey,
i got maybe not good idea and i dont know how you will react, but
maybe someone will change classic maps like :
ac_desert3
ac_aqueous

Because its popular and good maps, but not balance.
In our league and i think in all future tournaments clan will always pick this maps, if they will not be exclude. Also in clan matches.

For example we could keep this maps with prefix "_classic" and new ( modified ) add to official pack with current name.

OFC, Whenever possible having received the consent from authors

Vlad
Thanks given by:
Bad idea, in my opinion.

These maps are what they are and I see no reason to mess around with them now. To me it looks like we need a few more really tough balanced maps for matches.

As a matter of fact, it would take a whole lot more of time to balance them out then just starting from scratch. ;)

I'm wondering what match-maps the core gamers would like to see on the official stock. Any suggestions?
Thanks given by:
The trouble here is that clans are not prepared to match on non-official maps.
If they could just branch out, and agree to play each other on some of the more common, AC-themed custom maps, there might be a better selection of official match-able maps. Tweaks could also be made to the custom map, by the original author, before it is included in a release, depending on feedback.
Thanks given by:
ac_edifice wtf?
Thanks given by:
lol sure , aqueous and d3... what aboout rattrap?
Thanks given by:
You cannot do a match on custom maps.And you cannot do a match on map for public game. So there are only few maps which pass. In official pack are all 3 types, you must choose wisely before match.
Thanks given by:
(29 Apr 11, 04:56PM)jamz Wrote: The trouble here is that clans are not prepared to match on non-official maps.
And that's mostly because, due to certain actions taken, the opinion has slipped in that all custom maps are bad.
Thanks given by:
(29 Apr 11, 05:11PM)Alien Wrote: You cannot do a match on custom maps.

(06 Apr 11, 01:55AM)eftertanke Wrote: Can't and wont even try are different things.
Thanks given by:
(29 Apr 11, 04:52PM)Mr.Floppy Wrote: I'm wondering what match-maps the core gamers would like to see on the official stock. Any suggestions?

If that means custom maps. apollo arabic night map, don't know full name.
If you mean fair balanced maps already in pack. Sunset is a brilliant fair map. Shine is pretty fair. Keller is fairly fair but no-one really plays it. ac_power is rather fair so yeah.

On another topic, on des3 the armor is biast to CLA on both sides if you push fast enough on the left of CLA base. Maybe move the armor to the area with the nade so atleast RVSF gets the guarentee of getting armor just like CLA.

Thanks given by:
ac_fair is rather fairly fair for a fairly fair fair so yeah.

Seriously though, ac_ingress and ac_power are well balanced.
Thanks given by:
if the map is unbalanced, the player must learn to play on both sides. That's the interesting thing about the game, beat your opponent with more difficulties
Thanks given by:
ac_power balanced?
Where?
Are we looking at same map?

Where most people in RVSF base spawn are to small.
One or two shotgun campers from CLA can kill everyone for a long time and that does not make it fair.

Yes, gameplay otherwise is pretty fair but bases are not.

To have a fair clan match maybe its best to play same map two times. One CLA and one RVSF.
Thanks given by:
(29 Apr 11, 09:58PM)a wise man once Wrote: To have a fair clan match maybe its best to play same map two times. One CLA and one RVSF.

aaaand problem solved. :)

Thanks given by:
that's 4 games. -> 1 hour, plus a tie 5 (6 if they want both sides, and best score overall both), 1hr and 15(30)

not like a marathon but i've seen people who "gtg" after first round.current maps aren't perfectly fine but that's what attract some clans as have an option to earn a good chance of winning.

being aware of that most effective is do what Atrimos says, learn both and hold as you can.

for future maps best should be try make them most even possible so there's an option for even games, tiebreaker map and whatnot.
Thanks given by:
Only play 1 map. Same ole 30 mins.
Thanks given by:
It should be a rule in clan-match.
Play fair-play -> Play fair-maps.

(20 Apr 11, 08:36PM)Jason Wrote: Always play to win, and use what advantage you can.

Sorry Jason , we don't play the same AssaultCube.
It's a shame for this game to see behavior like it.
Thanks given by:
(29 Apr 11, 04:52PM)Mr.Floppy Wrote: These maps are what they are and ...
Yes, but with which reasoin it was include in official map pack ? Desert3 i think is very old map, so just there wasn't other choice. Ac_aqueous idk why.
So if compare maps to art - we cant change them, if compare its to part of game, then we can, because game is changing, weapon balance changing, shotbox changing ...

(29 Apr 11, 04:52PM)Mr.Floppy Wrote: To me it looks like we need a few more really tough balanced maps for matches.
yes, pls :) !

(29 Apr 11, 04:56PM)jamz Wrote: The trouble here is that clans are not prepared to match on non-official maps.
Its not trouble. When you start play AC, you start from official maps.
Main maps in public is official. So why should clans search and train new maps ?
Also official maps have big credit of trust, because devs made them official.

(29 Apr 11, 05:04PM)CicloN Wrote: lol sure , aqueous and d3... what aboout rattrap?
ac_raptrap is new and not so popular yet.

(29 Apr 11, 08:04PM)Atrimos Wrote: if the map is unbalanced, the player must learn to play on both sides. That's the interesting thing about the game, beat your opponent with more difficulties

Interesting to beat strong/better enemy in equal position.

(29 Apr 11, 09:58PM)DES|OpenSource Wrote: To have a fair clan match maybe its best to play same map two times. One CLA and one RVSF.

It will be boring :)

Thanks given by:
The fact is, a clan will always want to end up on top. Some maps i.e. desert3 and depot will give the overwhelming majority to one team (CLA in this case), and what team doesn't want the advantage? Balanced play? Pff, I want the win.
Thanks given by:
If we are going to only start lettings players play on balanced maps, then we are going to start sending the same Logitech mouses, Sony headphones, and Dell laptops to everyone to make it fair.

Unbalanced maps are what makes the game different and interesting, and players that are on the weaker side will need to play smarter to be able to beat the opponent. It is not impossible to beat CLA in des3 and aqueous, I've done it plenty of times, and every side has its advantages and disadvantages; you just need to learn to play in every side.
Thanks given by:
(30 Apr 11, 05:28AM)|BC|Wolf Wrote: If we are going to only start lettings players play on balanced maps, then we are going to start sending the same Logitech mouses, Sony headphones, and Dell laptops to everyone to make it fair.

We can't change that , but we can change maps.

Thanks given by:
Vlad, by editing you mean changing the structures or pickups?
Thanks given by:
(30 Apr 11, 01:39PM)titiPT Wrote: Vlad, by editing you mean changing the structures or pickups?

Maybe we should try to change pickups first and see how it will help,
then if it will be not enough, then change structure, but not serious.

For example what can be changed in desert3 ? Akimbo and armour move closer to RSFV base and move flag more deep to blue base.

In ac_aqueous will help only change structure of CLA base :)
We can try to make normal second pass, because the main unfair thing in this map is that RSFV cant come to CLA base or cant leave it.

Thanks given by:
(30 Apr 11, 02:42PM)Vlad Wrote: For example what can be changed in desert3 ? Akimbo and armour move closer to RSFV base and move flag more deep to blue base.

As I said before in one of my posts, why not move it here.

[Image: bc7mX.jpg]
Thanks given by:
i agree with Vlad and Xenon.
Changing pickups will make the maps more fair:

Des3 = Armor where Xenon told us, or maybe just a bit deeper in the room where it is actually

Acqueos = Helmet outside cla base, armor at left of blue base upstairs instead of downstairs
Thanks given by:
(30 Apr 11, 03:40PM)YourSister Wrote: Des3 = Armor where Xenon told us, or maybe just a bit deeper in the room where it is actually

Acqueos = Helmet outside cla base, armor at left of blue base upstairs instead of downstairs
Them ideas are very very nice :)

Thanks given by:
Not at all , if you see , this nade post is at strategic.

[Image: 20110426.jpg]

Only spammer see CLA advantage.
Thanks given by:
(30 Apr 11, 12:39AM)Vlad Wrote: ac_raptrap is new and not so popular yet.

Just for clearing this up, ac_raTtrap is one of the oldest AC maps, actually. It only got added to the official package quite late.

However, I agree that there aren't much well balanced maps and I do think we've got to focus on this a little more in the future.

Though, usually maps are made for the pubs, allowing for all kinds of modes and it's real hard to get a map balanced and yet interesting/fancy enough at the same time. Changing existing maps completely is never going to happen, but some minor pickup re-arrangments are worth being considered.

Unfortunately, as long as pro players will remain ignoring custom maps, we'll never know what maps they'd like to have in the package... That's really your own fault then.

That's why I've asked for suggestions further above:

What custom map out there is well balanced and an appropriate choice for matches, in your opinion?
Thanks given by:
ac_greenpeace ? (RVSF might be a bit favored... i only played it once as a real match, but it was really fun)
Thanks given by:
i think that with Server of Justice some ladder-whores like me finally can see some custom maps.
i think almost all maps of that server can be very nice for a match 2v2 or 3v3
Thanks given by:
ac_casa
ac_oasis
ac_venganza1.1
Thanks given by: