Feedback/Bug-Reports for AssaultCube v1.1
JamJamTheCalcMan: try using a different type of image-format, probably this is connected to JPEG-libs and your system not playing nicely with AC .. a known issue.
// for BMP:
screenshottype 0
// for PNG:
screenshottype 2
Thanks given by:
I was just auto banned from 62 223 117 11 28763 for abnormal client behaviour..
Thanks given by:
Ideas:
*Snipped*

Moved to IDEA thread
Thanks given by:
Ideas are for the ideas thread ;D
Thanks given by:
ty flowtron, that did the trick :D
i didnt see that anywhere on the forums o.O maybe i didnt look hard enough lol
and im still getting the full-screen issue. oh well lol
Thanks given by:
This bug happens in arid,iceroad and outpost(isnt on video)...

http://youtu.be/vY9qxmwiUao
Thanks given by:
xD best bug ev4r!
Thanks given by:
After much of considering... there's the sound bug , sometimes i hear the 'head shot' sound sometimes i dont, and sometimes i dont even hear the pickups ( but in that case i think it's because of the lag , now sure) is it possible to fix it?

PS: im on windows xp
Thanks given by:
I have the same problem as BunnySoul, even though I have sound fully up and 10000000 sounds or whatever that I can here at once.
Thanks given by:
Yeah I have the same problem sometimes :S
Thanks given by:
(18 Apr 11, 01:04AM)c00kie Wrote: This bug happens in arid,iceroad and outpost(isnt on video)...

http://youtu.be/vY9qxmwiUao

hmm, I couldn't recreate the bug, but I am guessing it is because the only thing that is blocking you from being in there is the mapmodel clipping. I bet clipping the area underneath the model would fix this.
Thanks given by:
botsheadtome crashes win 7 (32 bit) when executed more than once. Have not found any patterns to it yet, will edit my report later if I do.
Thanks given by:
/newmap crashes AC when used more than once, under specific conditions. WinXP. Will test Win7.
Thanks given by:
/newmap 12 ALWAYS crashes AssaultCube on Windows 7.
EDIT: By always, I mean always for me. Not always for Win 7 (I have no idea about this)
EDIT AGAIN: On 1.1.0.3, it works fine.
Thanks given by:
Nobody needs a map that's over 4000 cubes wide.
Thanks given by:
Yeh, but it shouldn't crash.

@Frogulis: Are you sure it crashed and didn't just take very long? 'Cause it works fine for me, just freezes for a few seconds.
Thanks given by:
(21 Apr 11, 10:07AM)V-Man Wrote: /newmap crashes AC when used more than once, under specific conditions. WinXP. Will test Win7.

It also happens on OSX Snow Leopard.

Thanks given by:
( Mac Version )I really Hate it when im editing or making a new map because after getting on it ac crashes and i always gotta restart over and over again :/

.:ExR|CoOk13
Thanks given by:
Yeah i find it happens on mac too...
Thanks given by:
Same

tried /newmap 100000 and it crashed on my client... heck, it vwill give players massive lag!
Thanks given by:
V-Man: Well, no, but it's more the fact that it doesn't work, yet should.

tempest: It definitely crashes, the screen goes black and it gives me that annoying something-or-other exception error.
Thanks given by:
(22 Apr 11, 03:39PM)Frogulis Wrote: tempest: It definitely crashes, the screen goes black and it gives me that annoying something-or-other exception error.
If you could give me a screenshot of that error message, that would likely help me a lot since I can't reproduce the bug myself. EDIT: in-game screenshot won't work ofc, but "print screen" should.

I say again (and not just to you): maybe those error messages are just "some random numbers" to you, but most of the time, they mean quite a lot to developers.

Thanks given by:
Tempest, here you go.
I should probably mention that the message about ac_werk only appeared after I installed the community map pack. I have no idea whether this affected the rest of the error message.
Thanks given by:
(23 Apr 11, 03:41PM)Frogulis Wrote: Tempest, here you go.
I should probably mention that the message about ac_werk only appeared after I installed the community map pack. I have no idea whether this affected the rest of the error message.

re-install your configuration files for ac
because that's what i did, and i don't get the error so much anymore..
though I haven't installed the community map pack, so eh.. ;/

used to get it a lot on my old xp computer and i had the mappack installed then, i think, but now i don't bother with mappacks anymore, because I think the sites down...
Thanks given by:
@Frogulis: whoops, sorry, I asked you to post the error, then forgot about it :/
Either way, the error is most probably the one we've already encountered several times. AFAIK, this can not be fixed within AC, it's a problem with SDL.
Thanks given by:
when i try to choose a map in 1.1.0.4 from the menu map list it freezes up my assault cube program and i have to restart assault cube. i have to memorize the map name and type it in.
Thanks given by:
[Image: maperror.jpg]
this error occurs whenever I choose the 'show all maps' menu option, and it crashes AC. just FYI, warehouse2 is the name of a map I am working on. The folder specified doesn't exist in my install folder (program files) or my home folder (documents).
whoops, forgot to mention I'm running Windows Vista.

also, I think i found what was causing it (or it just stopped happening). I had the map files (warehouse2.cgz and warehouse2.cfg) in the folder, but I also had an alternate version of the map, which I had renamed 'warehouse2.cgzalt' and 'warehouse2.cfgalt'. I removed them from the maps folder, and the problem stopped occurring. I'm gonna go see if putting them back in will cause the problem to reoccur, I'll just edit this post again with the results.

Yep, that seems to be the cause of the problem. I tried it about 5 times, each time that the alt versions were in the map folder, it crashed when i hit 'show all maps'. all the other times, it worked fine.
Thanks given by:
what's your OS?
Thanks given by:
Question: Is the preview glitch fixed in SVN?
Thanks given by:
I play AC with a trackpad. I can scope with the Sniper Rifle. However I can't shoot while scoping. Needless to say this really stinks. However the good news is I am good with no-scope. It doesn't work with all lvls though.
Thanks given by: