Assault Cube mapping contest goes green
(26 Mar 11, 01:51PM)Andrez Wrote: PS: I hope it's greenish enough :D

I think I should be the one worrying about that ;D

Thanks given by:
Would it be possible to increase the density of the contest maps in the biohazard maprot? As voting is disabled, it makes it difficult to get the chance to play on all of them without spending all day waiting.

EDIT: My bad, it seems voting is now enabled.
Thanks given by:
I uploaded an updated version of ac_majik to quadropolis! Get it here
Thanks given by:
I have fired up a server running the current contest entries so far. To check them out please go to:

/connect tearyoudown.com 20004
Thanks given by:
(27 Mar 11, 03:25PM)Bloodsport Wrote: Would it be possible to increase the density of the contest maps in the biohazard maprot? As voting is disabled, it makes it difficult to get the chance to play on all of them without spending all day waiting.

EDIT: My bad, it seems voting is now enabled.

Voting maps that are on server should be allowed by everyone.
Uploading maps is admin only as i do not want headshittyshots etc played on my server.
But if you have problems feel free to get a admin to help you.
Its in BC server share so a lot of folks has admin.
Or just get a DES member.
Thanks given by:
I updated my entry, because of some shadows related issues. No need to edit the DL link though.

Massive thanks to DES|OpenSource for noticing it! :D
Thanks given by:
NP.
Downloading map and replacing it on server right away.
Thanks given by:
Almost done with My entry ac_recic. Hopes ya'll like it :).
Thanks given by:
Request at Pwnage, could you limit the number of players allowed on my map to 4. It becomes a total bood bath otherwise. Its not really meant for TDM, more of SURV and arena games.
Thanks given by:
Question. How much "green" needs to actually be in the map? Is it ok if only like 10-20% of the map involves green stuff? ._.
Thanks given by:
0, if you don't mind losing points on that aspect of the contest.
Thanks given by:
xD I meant like how much is needed to not lose points? ^_^'
Thanks given by:
I'm willing to bet it's proportional.
i.e., the more green your map has/is, the more green-points you get.
Thanks given by:
If you post a awesome desert map with just one palm...its still kinda green xD

Decide yourself if it will destroy the overall layout of your map if you try to hard to use "green"

PS. this doesnt count as "judges invoved" does it? I mean... its just a tip for everyone..
Thanks given by:
Hehe, don't worry. You're all allowed to clear up on the rules of the contest! :P
Thanks given by:
(28 Mar 11, 08:14PM)Ronald_Reagan Wrote: Request at Pwnage, could you limit the number of players allowed on my map to 4. It becomes a total bood bath otherwise. Its not really meant for TDM, more of SURV and arena games.

Done! Now it won't be played if there are above 4 people on the map. Be aware if people connect after the map has started there's nothing we can do to prevent that.
Thanks given by:
I won't be able to post ac_recic here until Thursday (Central Standard Time). Due to the computer being so slow atm.

If Robtic's'd be so kind as to upload the map for me, It could be done, and out of the way, and btw Someone needs to update http://wiki.cubers.net/action/view/5th_A...ompetition

Mod edit: posts merged.
Thanks given by:
Looking forward to seeing a few more in the coming days, keep it up guys. :)
Thanks given by:
ac_recic by Elven

Thanks given by:
Thanks Robtics, but my in-game name is "Duckett", so if you'd be kind enough to put Elven/Duckett, for people who know me in-game, and here Halo, please do.
Thanks given by:
doesn't the map info someone else's name as well? all people must get credit
Thanks given by:
Whoops, must've forgotten, iOD|_FatCat, was a co-creator. So if you'd include this, and that, I'd appreciate it.
Thanks given by:
http://www.mediafire.com/?druz9rabpsvamwx
First map uploaded for me. Newcomer~
Thanks given by:
Do you have a screenshot Nightmare?
Thanks given by:
I have one request to everyone making maps for mapping contest.

Can you please add a "map made for X mode and X players" in the download or make it clear in your post?
Just as an example: ac_green_temple by Ronald Reagan - Its a small map. If someone add it to server and make it for 20 players thats f**ked up.

I wanna add every map to my server so people can vote and play them if they like but if i dont have any idea about mode and minimum/maximum players its made for i just have to add it to some random modes and mi/max players in maprot and thats no fun. Not for me or that map maker.
Thanks given by:
Well, I'd preffer ac_recic in ctf for 6-14 players.
Thanks given by:
So this means i add your map to CTF mode only?
My server is only 8 slots.
So i add minimum 6 players and max 8?
Or you want me to add 0 - 8?

You see what i mean.
Thanks given by:
Make it 2-8 then, and could you also put all flag modes ...
Thanks given by:
ac_recic added to DES|Biohazard.
/connect biohazard.des-clan.net
All flag modes, 2-8 players. 12 minutes
Thanks given by:
ac_tropical works well for 0-8 players, DM, CTF, TDM. Maybe not quite so good in HTF, TKTF, and fairly weak as a TOSOK map.
Thanks given by: