Assault Cube mapping contest goes green
Haha, ok yeah. You've got quite some green in this map. A real abstract interpretation of the theme, though.

Well, in my opinion it doesn't really hit the theme, but don't worry, I'm no judge this time. ;)
Thanks given by:
@chaotic
i will accept it (ac_schematic2), but i will need you to post a download to just it (not it + another map)

also i have to agree with floppy, i don't think it fits the theme, but it does have green in it, so it "can" be entered atleast
but thats what we have judges for, eh?
Thanks given by:
(18 Mar 11, 12:01AM)DES|Halo Wrote: also i have to agree with floppy, i don't think it fits the theme, but it does have green in it, so it "can" be entered atleast
but thats what we have judges for, eh?
Exactly, but I've looked at it. It's ok in my view. but like Floppy, and Halo alike said. I don't think it's theme is right for the current contest theme, but it is green therefore can be entered into the contest.
Thanks given by:
As I said: Green Temple

1 none?
18 playerstart, 4 CLA, 4 RVSF, 10 FFA
27 light
2 pistol
2 ammobox
2 grenades
2 health
2 helmet
1 armour
27 mapmodels (all clipped)
2 ladders
4 pclips
Total ent: 90
Yes, newcomer map.

Updates will come, I promise you ;)
Once I get it all finished, I'll akimbo it.
Thanks given by:
Well, could you possibly pack the stuff into .zip format? This .tar will give me a .zip, which then gives me a .tar again and then again a .zip and so on and so forth.

Thanks! :P
Thanks given by:
(18 Mar 11, 04:43PM)Mr.Floppy Wrote: Well, could you possibly pack the stuff into .zip format? This .tar will give me a .zip, which then gives me a .tar again and then again a .zip and so on and so forth.

Thanks! :P

It extracts fine with 7zip for me. What do you use?

And am I allowed to repackage it for him?
Thanks given by:
(18 Mar 11, 07:43AM)Ronald_Reagan Wrote: As I said: Green Temple

1 none?
18 playerstart, 4 CLA, 4 RVSF, 10 FFA
27 light
2 pistol
2 ammobox
2 grenades
2 health
2 helmet
1 armour
27 mapmodels (all clipped)
2 ladders
4 pclips
Total ent: 90
Yes, newcomer map.

Updates will come, I promise you ;)
Once I get it all finished, I'll akimbo it.
I like it, but I can't find the nades, and also don't use the same floor texture everywhere. I also think you put good detail into the ceiling.
Thanks given by:
Actually I'm using 7zip, too. Maybe an older version though. However, it would be nice if someone could just pack it into .zip format. I see no legal issues there. ;)
Thanks given by:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/20950669/ac_green_temple.zip

btw I think it needs your hanging ladder mapmodel.
Thanks given by:
I don't have 7zip, aaaand it would make my life so much easier if it was packaged as a .zip =]

EDIT: Lewl thanks Gibbeh! :3

IMHO it's a decent map. I did find trying to reach the grenades somewhat hard to reach though... Oh and for some odd reason, I'm missing a mapmodel (can't see the alleged ladder). :o
Thanks given by:
Ahhh.... Gibstick, I totally forgot about that model. Crap. Makke sent it like months ago and asked to re-arrange it once more in order to finish the thing... How could I miss out doing this...

Thanks for remembering me here and thanks for re-packaging! Much appreciated!

Now I've got to get this ladder done, finally.
Thanks given by:
(19 Mar 11, 03:40PM)Fate Wrote: Oh and for some odd reason, I'm missing a mapmodel (can't see the alleged ladder). :o

I can't see it either, I can see the ladder and clip enitities, but not the mapmodel.
Thanks given by:
Then if Mr Floppy didn't finish the mapmodel, which one did RR use? O.o
Thanks given by:
I can see the mapmodel perfectly fine? O.o
Thanks given by:
(20 Mar 11, 07:29AM)Elven Wrote: I can see the mapmodel perfectly fine? O.o

I blame the .tar file...
Thanks given by:
There was no mapmodel in the .tar when I extracted it. You must have downloaded it from somewhere else.
Thanks given by:
The model is on SVN and ac_stellar uses it already afaik. It was kind of finished, though makkE reworked the UV-map and made an amazing skin. My job then was to put it together once more...

...what I have finally done yesterday! :)
Thanks given by:
I think I'll pull my map out.
I got the freakin' THEME wrong.

Thanks given by:
Not that you got the theme wrong, just that it's a very unusual version of the theme.
Thanks given by:
Alright. I guess it couldn't hurt.

Thanks given by:
And you can't win if you don't try.
Thanks given by:
Sorry ChaotisToSayTheLeast, I wasn't intending to discourage you. The 'theme' is only one attribute the judges rate on and my opinion doesn't matter here anyways. :)
Thanks given by:
ChaoticToSayTheLeast:

(18 Mar 11, 12:01AM)DES|Halo Wrote: @chaotic
i will accept it (ac_schematic2), but i will need you to post a download to just it (not it + another map)
Thanks given by:
Aye, sorry for releasing it and running off. Thanks Gibby, glad all hope wasn't totally lost. Truth be told, I used my webhost to package it so I didn't get the __MACOSX files :P
As I said, I'll be updating it.

More about the map:
This map is meant to be a 1v1 match that can support such modes such as LSS and PF. I didn't add flags, although it may be fun to play a CTF or HTF in there. It is meant to emphasize mobility with the techniques that our lovely Devs gave us, namely crouch jump. You can actually go around the map without touching the floor, and certainly not the water (I seemed to of snarfed some of this ability, it will be fixed soon). I considered the water to be the death of it all, considering the noise it kicks up.

I plan on revamping the lighting, and some of the textures.

Thanks for the lovely comments :)

Oh, and the license was whipped up in a couple minutes, hence its crudeness :P
Thanks given by:
Hey, Halo, sorry it took so long but here it is!

Schematic 2 a.k.a. Data Corruption
http://www.mediafire.com/?rpk9rv09hjgtrk4
Thanks given by:
My entry, ac_warhead.
[Image: nuclear_5_1301143832.jpg]

PS: I hope it's greenish enough :D
Thanks given by:
Yay! Better update!
[Image: Green%20Temple.jpg]
clever mapshot :D
Mostly same map, relight it, changed some textures, solidified some things.

These packages include the ladder made by "misterfloppy".
I really dont know how I got this... I always knew it was out there. Anyways, thanks for the lovely ladders :)
You want .tar?
You want .zip?
You want .zip with no .DS_STORE?
Thanks given by:
I can't see the ladder using the latest tar archive.
Thanks given by:
Have you installed the ladder?
These should be the correct ladders.
Thanks given by:
I had ended up with "packages/packages" by mistake. Looks nice now!
Thanks given by: