Upcoming Release Balance Discussion (SVN)
^yes <3
Thanks given by:
Hmm, so:
  • Signifigantly increase noscope spread.
  • Make the settling time for scoping longer
  • Give it a smooth scoping transition, for visual aesthetics and as a visual refrence (fully zoomed = settling time finished.)
  • Keep the damage at 83
  • MAYBE play with fire rate a bit, but not likely
Sounds like a fair compromise :-). The fact you'd need to take the time to scope in would weaken the much-complained-about sniper-pistol combo without destroying it, and the "out of control" noscope spread would minimize the usage of the sniper rifle for CQC.
Thanks given by:
correct.
However, that is how it works in theory. In game, it could possibly work differently.
Thanks given by:
will the getting stuck on people, be fixed in the new version?
Thanks given by:
(28 Feb 11, 02:46AM)Joe Smith Wrote: will the getting stuck on people, be fixed in the new version?

[Image: stuckyouOrg.jpg]
Thanks given by:
VenteX Wrote:
  • Signifigantly increase noscope spread.
  • Make the settling time for scoping longer
  • Give it a smooth scoping transition, for visual aesthetics and as a visual refrence (fully zoomed = settling time finished.)
  • Keep the damage at 83
  • MAYBE play with fire rate a bit, but not likely

I dont think these ideas are good at all, do you use the sniper?
Increasing the noscope spread and the settling time for the scope and a smooth scoping transition which would make the time from unscoped to fully scoped long and then you'll have to wait for your scope to settle on a target too? Sniping would get slow, too slow in my opinion. T/osok would get slow and quick long range shots would probably need a lot of luck.
Also the amount of people camping in corners would increase as scoping takes longer, time you often dont have. Do you want that? Scoping would become hard, especially quick scoping and I see many new players having problems with it now! It would become impossible for them ...

I am also still of the opinion that the sniper/pistol combo is pretty perfect as it is now (1.1.0.4). One sniper hit, two pistol hits against an unarmoured player. If you have skill, its still kills very fast and I see many mid skilled players doing really well with it too. Its not destroyed. In the beta its overpowered, it might make pickup timing for matches more important but thats the only positive thing I can see, on a full pub (where the majority of the players plays) armour isnt there for everyone, I can imagine lots of people camping around the armour spots to respawn.

Hope I didnt sound too rude ;)

Lantry Wrote:I see T/DM and CTF as the 'real' modes, while T/OSOK are in the 'weird' mode category

T/osok was actually just implented for fun and only gets played for fun imo
It rarely gets played on ladder servers and in clan matches/interclans.
Thanks given by:
Its time to release 1.1.0.5 , the AR and SG noobs should say good-bye. Well you could make the smg exactly like it was in 1.0.4.

When i watch back to 1.0.4, all very good players left or got very inactive. Beginning from Wolf, Arimane, Goku, Redbull, w00ps, Diabolus and so on. Just hackers and plenty of noobs have started to play. There isnt anymore a server like Eurozone, The HUB or Wotan Fragland , where there were always good games. There are always more people leaving this game.
Thanks given by:
You didn't notice the large influx of good gamers into the community?
Thanks given by:
(28 Feb 11, 06:34PM)Elite Wrote: When i watch back to 1.0.4, all very good players left or got very inactive. Beginning from Wolf...

Wolf didn't leave genius, HE WAS BANNED, because he's a f*****g cheater!

On a serious note: Yes, once the shotty get fixed release 1.1.0.5, can't wait to play some full pubs with it :D
Thanks given by:
HERE IS A COMMENT

Also, after translation, I agree that the cheaters must go and that there are too many.
But consider that the number of cheaters has dropped drastically since the 1.1 release.
Thanks given by:
C-C-C-C-Combo breaker!
Thanks given by:
@Robtics: I think you partially misunderstood what I said. The idea with delayed scoping is not that there would be a transition AND a separate settling time, but that the zooming transition and settling time would be simultaneous, so you'd know that once you have fully scoped, you would have 100% accuracy. The total time to scope in could be as little as 220ms, so it's not like you'd be sitting there waiting on your scope to appear.

And yes, I do use the sniper rifle. I just feel that noscoping is too straight, and people get in your face to much with the sniper.
Thanks given by:
(28 Feb 11, 10:39PM)VenteX Wrote: I just feel that noscoping is too straight
* V-Man calls a vote: Make noscoping more gay

I like the idea of having a zoom-in sequence that matches the settle time. Of course, that might be just me making a shameless plug for the smooth-zoom script.
Thanks given by:
+F1 @ vote terrible noscope spread(sideways bullets)
Thanks given by:
V-Man Wrote:
VenteX Wrote:I just feel that noscoping is too straight
* V-Man calls a vote: Make noscoping more gay
lol'd
V-Man Wrote:I like the idea of having a zoom-in sequence that matches the settle time. Of course, that might be just me making a shameless plug for the smooth-zoom script.
Exactly what I was thinking of when I pictured it. Like a hardcoded smoothzoom with a constant in/out time, and going from your normal FOV to your scope FOV. Then either pop in the scope image part of the way there or fade it in, depending on whichever is more appealing.
Thanks given by:
Now if only I could turn that script into C++...
Better ask Kirin to do it before I make a feeble attempt and he shows me up. XD
DEN HEY USE THOSE TRIGONOMETRIC FUNCTIONS!
the ones I'm going to make a script for
Thanks given by:
hhm. yeah, a smooth transition corresponding to your settle-time - that sounds very nice. I did that for another game some years back. probably won't find time for it this week though - I'll be out-of-town from beginning of Thursday, not back till Sunday, maybe Saturday.
Thanks given by:
don't forget to balance weapons with the shots bug fixed
Thanks given by:
random question, why does the AR have 20 and the smg 30? Its usually the otherway around in most fps's/real life, so just wondering ^^ (though 4 kills per clip for each, if thats why then fineeee)

Thanks <3
Thanks given by:
Hm.
No, last time I fired an Assault Rifle, it had a 15-round clip. We're getting spoiled. XD
Thanks given by:
^30 round clip for AR = more "WEEEEEEE"
smg already has ease of use+reload speed, come on assault cube get with the times >.>
xD!

though the beta's smg is kind of hardcore
Thanks given by:
It's a date! :D
Thanks given by:
if AR had a larger magazine, there would be non stop rifle jumping. you have to keep that in mind.
Thanks given by:
(01 Mar 11, 04:05PM)ArraParry Wrote: I think the sniper needs a faster and more accurate scope. Plus the no scope shooting is to straight i think it should have a little bit of spread when your not using the scope.

Scope needs to be faster, lolwut?! It's been instant since 0.93!

And read previous posts, we've been talking about the noscoping spread for a good page or two.
Thanks given by:
(01 Mar 11, 10:26PM)VenteX Wrote: Scope needs to be faster, lolwut?! It's been instant since 0.93!

And read previous posts, we've been talking about the noscoping spread for a good page or two.

You must've missed the parts about the settle-time.
Thanks given by:
(02 Mar 11, 08:05AM)V-Man Wrote:
(01 Mar 11, 10:26PM)VenteX Wrote: Scope needs to be faster, lolwut?! It's been instant since 0.93!

You must've missed the parts about the settle-time.

Oh yeah, the measley 180ms that only effects gameplay in the sense that it prevent scripts from taking advantage of the scoping accuracy boost by flashing the scope for a millisecond.

That got added over time too :P
Thanks given by:
What's this? 180 milliseconds is practically instantaneous?
In 180 milliseconds, my SMG can pump up to 45 damage into your carapace.
Anyone remember that website with the reaction test?
Thanks given by:
^get out of here with the 100% accuracy hacks.
xD
Thanks given by:
I am not by any means qualified to give an informed opinion on any of this for two reasons:
A.) I started playing AC only about six months ago.
2.) I haven't even downloaded this whatever it is.

Intentionally crappy list aside, you all make very good points, but you all have different skill levels, and different opinions on what is and is not accurate/powerful/too much/not enough.

Take me. I'm a noob, and like most noobs, I do favor the shotgun, simply because good aim isn't truly necessary to get a kill. All I need to do is get close enough, and your ass is dog food, vato. If the aim on the shotgun has been modified, this would cause better balance at close ranges, but that's not how a shotgun works. Mid- to long -range should render the shotgun useless. But if you round the corner with a noob like me there to greet you, the aforementioned dog food comes into play. If I aim a little to the left, you should be dead. If I get freaked and aim a tad high, your ass should be grass. As for power, the damn thing is a big steaming pot of up-close overkill, as long it stays that way, I think it's fine. So that's my take on that.

As for the sniper, it's a long-range instrument of complete and utter decimation. If what people have said here is true, leave it be. You don't hear a creepy voice saying, "You got shanked!", now do you? Power is nothing compared to good aim, and players will realize this.

I'm not going anywhere near the SMG, I'll only say that long range should suuuuuuck. Mid- to short-range should slay.

AR sounds fine, tbh.

So yeah. Don't take anything seriously, I just thought I'd give my two cents. If it's wrong, or incredibly ignorant, try not to get too in my face about it, like I said, I'm not one to give an informed opinion.

So yeah.

Thanks given by:
Off with the AR's head!
Thanks given by: