Upcoming Release Balance Discussion (SVN)
Carbine rules!

Thanks given by:
Not yet. You´re better with the sniper now in almost every situation. Carbine needs a bit more power, urgently.
Thanks given by:
Awesome release, everything is good. can't wait till it'd become an offical version.
Thanks given by:
This may just be that I have played way to much cod recently but one thing I think you guys should definitely try to do is try to make the damage spread different for different parts of the body and for different ranges. If this were possible to do that would be great, though i realize this would make the smg completely useless at long range due to the recoil but whatever. Please consider these changes to make the experience of this game 10x better.

[SC]fed
Thanks given by:
^sounds like it wouldn't be worth all the work to put it in.
Plus thats more realistic fps and less arcade. Pretty sure AC is arcade ;)
(plus the ar+smg have enough problems at long range already)
Thanks given by:
RE: fed
Urban Terror may be your game
Thanks given by:
Grenade gibs =2 would be a very great balancer
Thanks given by:
it's time to make an release of this version. I can't understand you, there are so many AR boobs running around, in 1.0.4 they were all losers and now they need no skill for this weapon. Also the big count of sg noobs is horrible.

And the smg, where you need skills for, you let underpowered for some months. The whole gameplay is destroyed.

Apart from w00p clan, all "good" clans are running around with this f*** AR.

The community lost many skilled players with the change from 1.0.4 to 1.1 and got a large count of noobs.

Thanks given by:
shut up elite, you are shit even when the smg was OP you were shit

Mod edit: user warned.
Thanks given by:
Vermi, can you please take that to a 2 vs 2 and shut up here? Thanks.
Thanks given by:
Mod edit: STFU, thanks.
Thanks given by:
Vermi, Elite is correct. You and many of your friends wouldn't be there where yo are without the AR.

It's high time to release now.
Thanks given by:
(19 Apr 11, 11:30AM)SiL3nT Wrote: Vermi, Elite is correct. You and many of your friends wouldn't be there where yo are without the AR.

It's high time to release now.

Elite is right but Silent, you don't have to flame war.

Mod edit: last part of that sentence removed :/
Thanks given by:
I'm all for balance but smg was OP in the 1.04 and AR is OP in the current version, it makes sense to use it, if you can't adapt then you are the loser
Thanks given by:
Less violence, more love. Like this.

AR = look at me I'm going 500 mph backwards on CTF. "Vote to kick: AssaultRifleLover94" Reason: Speed Hacking."

shotgun = oh look a guy in the window a mile away. "you've been splattered by ShotgunGuyv2.0"

Thanks given by:
(19 Apr 11, 10:37AM)Elite Wrote: it's time to make an release of this version. I can't understand you, there are so many AR boobs running around, in 1.0.4 they were all losers and now they need no skill for this weapon. Also the big count of sg noobs is horrible.

And the smg, where you need skills for, you let underpowered for some months. The whole gameplay is destroyed.

Apart from w00p clan, all "good" clans are running around with this f*** AR.

The community lost many skilled players with the change from 1.0.4 to 1.1 and got a large count of noobs.

The thing is that the AR is only slightly more powerful due mainly to spread. The AR is harder to play since it has more recoil, but it's also more precise.

I say it again and again but this game need less spread. At range the results even when pulse firing every 5 or so bullets are very random. Playing w00p the other day I noticed this especially on ac_shine. When engaging in the middle stretch I would get such varied results: from killing my opponent and being chipped just a few bullets, to just chipping my opponent a few bullets before dying. Sometimes, mid to late burst, even when my crosshair is precisely over an opponent I hear no hit sounds.
Thanks given by:
(19 Apr 11, 11:55AM)Vermi Wrote: I'm all for balance but smg was OP in the 1.04 and AR is OP in the current version, it makes sense to use it, if you can't adapt then you are the loser

Vermi can't you talk normal? kidkidkid. However, Elite is right. If you belive or not.
SMG wasmore powerful than AR, true, but this was just the right thing. The best thing they could do. AR had very less recoil and you were able to jump more than with all other weapons. This means AR was easier to handle. SMG had more spread than AR, you couldn't jump very fast and the recoil was muuch more. So if we compare 1 and 1,

SMG was harder to handle than AR. So it's the right thing to make it stronger. Now, the weapon, which is easy to handle, is stronger than the weapon, which is harder to handle.

SENSELESS. If you compare it with all other games. The weapon, which is most difficult to play is the strongest and the weapon, which is most easy to handle is the lowest one.

DOT

Thanks given by:
  • AR has more recoil, harder to manage.
  • Less spread - less randomness, more skill involved.

Whereas:

• SMG has less recoil, easier to manage.
  • More spread - more randomness, less skill involved.

The difference is this, where as recoil can be controlled, spread is a factor that cannot be changed without pulse firing. Therefore just because someone uses an AR, it does not make them a n00b compared to someone using an SMG - if anything they are more skilled. Maybe now Elite you'll understand.

Thanks given by:
I use the smg often, it's spread doesn't seem to affect me. If it even has enough to make a difference. ;)
Thanks given by:
thats nonsense Jason,

you can also handle AR on shortrange, just rifle jump or shooting very slowly (one by one). The recoil isnt a problem, if you hit , there are normally already 3-4 bullets which hit and after the 4. bullet you can feel the recoil. You just make a little rest, and shoot again or begin rifle jumping.

Skills for AR, thats nonsense. All "medium good up to worse" players changed to AR in 1.1 because they sucked with smg, because they had not this skills. At the end of 1.0.4 i started playing with AR on 1vs1, because i nearly won every 1vs1 with smg. I won all my matches with AR vs average good playing guys. The AR on 1.0.4 was harder to handle on shortrange, there is a difference to now on over 50 %.

At the beginning of 1.1.0.4 i played vs Benson (ex LC, Mys) a 1vs1 (dm desert) i lost by 4-5 points. I was using smg and he AR. So i wanted a 1vs on 1.0.4. There i won with over an 1,5 ratio, he wasnt using AR i think. And Benson was from his beginning an sniper player till the end of 1.0.4., but he won vs me with an new weapon. After this two matches we were the same opinion, that the AR is overpowered and smg got underpowered.

The best way we thought was, to put the anti-cheat system into 1.0.4 and increase AR and sg a bit.

With this new "first few bullets" more accurate it got harder on smg, the spread and damage is the problem.

The smg on SVN seems fine, just one thing is strange. When you feel the recoil my smg`s crosshair jumps in the high and not went higher step by step.
Thanks given by:
(20 Apr 11, 08:38AM)Elite Wrote: thats nonsense Jason,

you can also handle AR on shortrange, just rifle jump or shooting very slowly (one by one). The recoil isnt a problem, if you hit , there are normally already 3-4 bullets which hit and after the 4. bullet you can feel the recoil. You just make a little rest, and shoot again or begin rifle jumping.

That is just not true. Bro Jason was right. The recoil _is_ a problem, and you feel it right away, not only on the 4th shot.
The smg, on the other hand, pukes all its ammo in no time, with much more spread than the AR.
Thanks given by:
the AR is so easy to handle, otherwise the most guys wouldnt changed to it. You need with smg around 10-15 bullets for shortrange, a good AR player is faster than this at least both are dead.

If someone rifle jumps, it is very hard for the smg to follow him with the crosshair.Also its far easier to get an higher accuracy with AR than on smg.

And well if the first few shoots with smg are not accurate, you lose too much time and get fragged.

The smg need more damage as well as less spread.
Thanks given by:
Elite is right the smg needs to be a bit stronger but it will be in 1.1.0.5 and its does take less skill to get good scores with the AR in 1.1.0.4. Thats why so many newbs use it, its overpowered and has the advantage of rifle running/jumping ...
Thanks given by:
Oh man there ARe n00bs? Well SMG is tha best gun out there for me, but its true that something doesnt feel right. As i read some shots dont hit even if you were point blank and that takes away from the game experience.
The AR is deadly precise if ya know what you are doing and less hits will get you the frags you miss, but for me its just G3M4 FUN!
Thanks given by:
Am I the only one that doesn't like the current SMG in SVN? I can get 40% accuracy with the 1.1(.0.4) SMG, but only 30% after practice in SVN. Recoil and/or spread are too high for me, and I could do without the extra damage.

Nevermind. But the sniper is too powerful.
Thanks given by:
Quote:But the sniper is too powerful.
It definately is! I think the current sniper values are perfect. I love to use it and can get really good scores using it, on pubs and in matches!
Thanks given by:
(20 Apr 11, 12:29PM)paulmuaddibKA Wrote: Oh man there ARe n00bs? Well SMG is tha best gun out there for me, but its true that something doesnt feel right. As i read some shots dont hit even if you were point blank and that takes away from the game experience.
The AR is deadly precise if ya know what you are doing and less hits will get you the frags you miss, but for me its just G3M4 FUN!

Could that just be failed hit registration?

Thanks given by:
I would like less recoil for the 1.1.0.5 smg. I played a few games with it and after some bullets the gun felt hard to control. Maybe it just needs a lot more time to adapt to it, I like the 1.1.0.4 smg very much now (especially the recoil) though I hated it when I switched from 1.0.4 to 1.1, I needed a lot of time to adapt to it. So I just might to get used to it or has anyone similiar experiences?
Thanks given by:
The damage of the smg in SVN seems fine, but not the recoil. My guns jumps in the heigh, sometimes already after the 3-4 bullets. Also on shortrange it happens.
Thanks given by:
(20 Apr 11, 12:59PM)Nightmare Wrote: Could that just be failed hit registration?

It sounds as the one thing i read about. Doesnt that mean my shots are not hitting my target? Thats what i understood... if i shot 15 shots and F.H.R occurs then some wont have hit my target? I dont know, for what i care it could happen to all the guns and ill still be using my lovely SMG!
Thanks given by: