Feedback/Bug-Reports for AssaultCube v1.1
Is it possible to fix the damage you can take from a grenade through a wall? Or is this simply a limitation of the engine?
Thanks given by:
(16 Dec 10, 05:48PM)jAcKRoCk* Wrote: The bots A.I ain't that good yet, so don't expect CTF on bots any time soon. Hehe they het stucked to eachother (kinda funny to watch).

Yeah, it's like the Matrix, except fuckin' retarded. xD
You know, Wolfenstein: Eney Territory has a single player bot mod, and the waypoints system for it is pretty advanced. There are points you can place that tell the bot what to do at that location. Camp, jump, climb, jack stuff, place explosives, everything the bots need to complete the objective. Maybe that's all that needs to be done. But I have no clue how labor intenseive that would be for the devs, so I can't really say 'that's all'. I just hop it's something accomplishable. And that they're willing to do it.

Thanks given by:
There has been talk about refurbishing the waypoint system for AC bots. And, as you suspected, it will be very labor intensive, so don't expect it too soon.
Thanks given by:
(20 Dec 10, 03:35PM)DES|V-Man Wrote: There has been talk about refurbishing the waypoint system for AC bots. And, as you suspected, it will be very labor intensive, so don't expect it too soon.

Alas. At least I'm not the first to bring it up. Things like this should be discussed at length, I think.

Thanks given by:
There is nothing to discuss "at length". The devs said they don't have the time (or will) to do it, but if you want to, I'm sure they will thankfully accept your patch.
Thanks given by:
Lest we not forget that the primary goal of AC is to create a team/multiplayer first person shooter, not a singleplayer. I can see why motivation would be low for such a rewrite.
Thanks given by:
(21 Dec 10, 02:41PM)tempest Wrote: There is nothing to discuss "at length". The devs said they don't have the time (or will) to do it, but if you want to, I'm sure they will thankfully accept your patch.

If I knew how too, I would do it without hesitation.

(21 Dec 10, 03:00PM)Darkbee Wrote: Lest we not forget that the primary goal of AC is to create a team/multiplayer first person shooter, not a singleplayer. I can see why motivation would be low for such a rewrite.

Yeah....

Thanks given by:
is it possible to rearrange respawn points to be behind better cover? half the time i re spawn right between a massive firefight.

at least for the official maps.
Thanks given by:
(24 Dec 10, 05:23AM)xxkid123 Wrote: is it possible to rearrange respawn points to be behind better cover? half the time i re spawn right between a massive firefight.

at least for the official maps.

I think there's a .cfg file that says which maps can't be edited. I would advise against messing with the official maps, as they are picked for a reason. But I guess you could delete the spawn points you don't like, and add new ones where you want using the editing menu.

Thanks given by:
Uh, no. You CANNOT edit official maps.
Thanks given by:
You CAN, but then you'll be blacklisted and unable to play on public servers. XP
Thanks given by:
(24 Dec 10, 04:46PM)DES|V-Man Wrote: You CAN, but then you'll be blacklisted and unable to play on public servers. XP

LOL!
Thanks given by:
I don´t know if its a bug, or if something is wrong with my settings:

when running AC in windowed-mode and trying to make a screenshot (with F12), the AC-Client crash, and i get a fatal exception error.

Client: AC 1.1.0.4

Video Card: ATI RADEON X850 XT

Error-msg: Win32 Exception: 0xc0000005 [0x75e206c]

-----------
sorry if this was already reported before..

Thanks given by:
Change your screenshot settings to JPG or something else.

Sorry, im to drunk to find the right thread for you.
Thanks given by:
idk if this has been brought up before, or maybe its intended, but when you are reloading and you pick up akimbo you still reload your gun whilst being able to fire the akimbo
Thanks given by:
(01 Jan 11, 02:50AM)DES|OpenSource Wrote: Change your screenshot settings to JPG or something else.
When I change screenshot-type to bmp, it works fine (but its not a good format to post in internet / size --> extra work for conversion)
All the jpeg-formats (different quality) cause the client to crash.
Notice: the screenshot-creation is working: the jpg-screenshot is successfully created - the client always crash after the work have been done.

(01 Jan 11, 02:50AM)DES|OpenSource Wrote: Sorry, im to drunk to find the right thread for you.
np. Im not drunk a the moment, but searching for "screenshot" gives 11 result-pages and searching for "screenshot bug" or "screenshot error" give 0 result... :(

Thanks given by:
Try png screenshots as well, /screenshottype 2
Thanks given by:
/screenshottype 2 to your autoexec.cfg

Make it .png, clearly the best format between the three. Small size and good graphics.
Thanks given by:
Use PNG?

EDIT: lol, wolf outran me.
Thanks given by:
yee
Thanks given by:
Wolf! Your back! Does sometime next Sunday work for SMG/AR testing? (sorry for hijack)
Thanks given by:
Try searching me in-game instead. Sundays is church and family lunch for me.

Thanks given by:
@ Gibstick & |BC|Wolf & tempest: thanks, png-screenshot is working

the problem, is that png-screenshots are 2MB each, instead of 200KB for jpg in normal quality.

after RTFM, I found the option "pngcompress 9", but the size is still 1,5MB

It would be really cool, if the jpg-screenshot-in-windowed-mode-bug could be fixed. Perhaps its only a small bug, since the client crash, only after the screenshot have been created. Thks :)

Thanks given by:
I'm running v1.1.0.4 and whenever I attempt to play singleplayer modes I have two problems:
  • The bots are all shown in the score list as fragged, even when they are still alive
  • New rounds aren't started until I die
I can reproduce these problems whether I'm using scripts or not.
Thanks given by:
Bug described in this thread: http://forum.cubers.net/thread-1956.html
Thanks given by:
sputnik, I'm pretty sure I remember a command that let you choose how good the screenshot would look (by pixels, I think), but unfortunately I can't remember. Maybe someone here knows?
Thanks given by:
pngcompress 9 is the smallest file size you'll be able to get a PNG screenshot from this game. If you want screenshots under 1 MB, you'll have to stick with jpg.
Thanks given by:
While we're talking about bots:
You can spawn as a spectator in btdm. Just /spectate and click to spawn. Both teams are shootable and both teams will shoot at you.
Thanks given by:
Nice feature! :D
Someone should fix the entire teams system. :P
Thanks given by:
No u
Thanks given by: