Feedback/Bug-Reports for AssaultCube v1.1
Can it be possible to make the time from the /clockdisplay command bigger? I find it so small the only times I actually have a glimpse of it is when I remember it. I think it should big enough for the eye to catch most of the times.
Thanks given by:
Don't know if this is the place but why a simple binding that I have working perfectly in 1.04 doesn't work in 1.1.0.3 (as it never worked in 1.1.02..)? It's simply

bind "F7" [setadmin 1 PASSWORD]
bind "F8" [setadmin 0]

forgive my *noobisness* in case this is stupid or evident for most of you
Thanks given by:
Do you get kicked?
Perhaps the 1.1.0.3 server you are connecting to has a different admin password. Talk to the server owner.
Thanks given by:
(13 Oct 10, 06:59PM)DES|V-Man Wrote: Do you get kicked?
Perhaps the 1.1.0.3 server you are connecting to has a different admin password. Talk to the server owner.

I do not get get kicked, simply nothing happens as if the binding was ineffective. The pw is the same for all the HI SKILL servers. And if I type /setadmin 1 MYPASSWORD in 1.1 server, i get the admin thing.

In 1.1.0.3 autexec.cfg I simply copied and pasted the same binding I have in the 1.0.4. autoexec.cfg.

I am a Mac user, if it helps.

ok, I got it, never mind. I have two autoexec files. One is inside the assault cube package (where I copied the binding line), the other is in library>application support>assault Cube 1.1>config. And the latter "leads" (so whatever I was writing in the first was useless). I copied the binding there and everything worked out fine.
Thanks given by:
ketar... i used without "", and it worked

/bind F7 [ setadmin 1 MYPASS ]
Thanks given by:
I love it! The only suggestion I can make is this:
Maybe we can have a little txt pop up towards the end of a game (maybe @ 1min warning, or even intermission?), telling us which map is coming up. I switch guns a lot, and the maprot isn't always the same. I hate getting stuck on iceroad with a freaking shotty for my first round :)
Thanks given by:
Last minute song isn't playing, when one minute remains.
Thanks given by:
Not a huge bug, but when you use maxroll, it moves the skybox with you. So it as well rotates.
Thanks given by:
an update to the screenshot issue, its only the new jpg formats, if you change it back to the bmp image formats (settings, misc) it works just fine
Thanks given by:
The jpg issue has been fixed already.
Thanks given by:
Bots can't/won't shoot carbine.
Thanks given by:
I got a terrible FPS drop in 1.1.0.3.
Its so low i cant play much.
In Power some places its around 25 FPS as in 1.1.0.2 i had like 50+.
It goes lower then 25 to.

$ fglrxinfo
display: :0.0  screen: 0
OpenGL vendor string: ATI Technologies Inc.
OpenGL renderer string: ATI Radeon HD 2400
OpenGL version string: 3.2.9756 Compatibility Profile Context

$ glxinfo |grep vendor
server glx vendor string: ATI
client glx vendor string: ATI
OpenGL vendor string: ATI Technologies Inc.

$ lspci -nn | grep VGA
02:00.0 VGA compatible controller [0300]: ATI Technologies Inc RV 610LE PCI [Radeon HD 2400] [1002:94cc]

$ cat /etc/issue
Ubuntu 10.04.1 LTS \n \l

$ uname -a
Linux ubuntu-desktop 2.6.32-25-generic #44-Ubuntu SMP Fri Sep 17 20:26:08 UTC 2010 i686 GNU/Linux
Thanks given by:
can u help me. when i try to play multiplayer in assault cube all these things come out and say "New Protocol" what should i do?
i miss playing assault cube:(
Thanks given by:
(16 Oct 10, 04:06PM)yomama Wrote: can u help me. when i try to play multiplayer in assault cube all these things come out and say "New Protocol" what should i do?
i miss playing assault cube:(
Not the right place to ask, but http://forum.cubers.net/thread-1184.html
Thanks given by:
What is the script? If it is smaller than 20 lines, post it here with [code] tags. Otherwise link me to a pastebin.
Thanks given by:
When using the mono font, menuitemtextinputs are borked. See the search player menu below, a few extra spaces after the ":" or putting the input on a new line will fix it.
[Image: monofontbad.png]
Thanks given by:
i like ac because of its simplicity, I have some ideas for the game, I think it would spoil the simplicity.

some ideas:
I like to see more weapons and diferent weapons for each team (weapons skins, or, very similar weapons like wolfet), the weapons will have different styles(exemple: modern AR like fnfal vs wood AR like ak B.A.R), Each team has different weapons.

the new guns:
----------------------------------------------
Primary weapons

2x pistol for "primary weapons"(Current one is very powerful, I suggest something more balanced, like FEAR 2x pistols).

hmg > good damange, low fire rate and kickback, good to suport in long range(useful in ctf od defend spam point), 30 ammo?

rocket launcher > anti camper weapon, It is the only primary weapon in the game that fires a slow moving projectile rather than an instant hit bullet. It is also the only primary weapon in the game that causes area of effect damage(low damage radius compared to granades), good vs many targets.

heavy sniper rifle> bolt action rifle, Rate of Fire: Slow, Very high damage,Slow Fire Rate and reaload(like Sauerbraten rifle)

minigun > new super weapon(replace akimbo pistol)regular damange, good fire rate, high kickback, another suport gun, but, good in close range and suport in ctf, 80 ammo? you can use it in ctf to run with the flag or in jumps.

flamethrower> the flamethrower is an extremely effective short range weapon and it can be used with great success as both an offensive and defensive weapon. A flamethrower is most useful as a defensive weapon because it's very difficult to take out a flamer that has located himself smartly. As an offensive weapon it's useful to storm into a crowded room with your flamer on full and take out as many enemies as possible,the main thing to remember about the flamer is that it is devastating indoors or near chokepoints, like wall breaches, doorways and corridors.

secundary weapons:
2 pistols: rapid x power

rapid pistol> The rapid pistol is weaker than the other choice, the power pistol, but you have slightly more than double the rounds of the power pistol. good in close range

power pistol> The power pistol's clip contains 7 .50 AE rounds. These rounds are stronger than the rapid pistol. good in long range

single-shot Encore pistol > like a carbine, but, one shot, good for long range and suport

Sawed-Off Shotgun> one shot, one kill(close range), good in close range, much spread,# Primary Fire: Single shot
# Secondary Fire: Double shot (both barrels), Reload: Slow.

melee weapons> knife, machate and chainsaw.
knife>There are two modes of attacking with the knife; Slash and Throw, the mos balanced melle weapon.
machate> more range/damage and low fire rate, you can only use Slash.

chainsaw > nice rate of fire, but, high pushback, good in close quarters.

---
others ideas, add other player model, any of a soldier who does not use gas mask(or modify the current model and add the modified version in the next versions).

-weapons release shells
-improve effects(bullets collision, blood, sounds..)

-------------------------------
please, improve the assault rifle and smg, these weapons are weak compared to the other weapons(especially the shotgun and carbine). exemple< reduce recoil and kickback, or remove kickback

*tips: Sauerbraten have nice weapons models(minigun,rifle,pistol..),perhaps some of these models can be utilized in AC(exemple: minigun fron Sauer Trooper Edition to replace akimbo or rifle from new sniper, chainsaw from sauer for a new AC weapons...).

---------------
would be possible to use different models of weapons for each team/playermodel?(like cube2), and different weapons stats for each team? add more weapons?(like rocket launcher, hmg)
I played Dday, one thing I liked about the game were the weapons, weapons from both teams were similar, however, had different skins/models(bar vs stg,thompson vs mp40..), something like it would be interesting to AC : )

----
please, add a new "grenade">
Molotov Cocktail : D

edit: see primary weapons in the top
Thanks given by:
would it be possible to add four more sidearms to the weapons, rather than just pistol, so that both main weapons and secondary would both be 5 in total?

my idea for the secondary weapons would be

pistol- same as always

mac-10
bullets: 20/80 (100 bullets in all)
damage-10
reload time: 1200
ROF: empties magazine in 2.5 seconds
shots to kill: 10 (unlikely unless you actualyl pin someone up on the wall, or if you have excellent aim)

addl thoughts: really bad aiming, like, massive spread, and about the distance accuracy of a shotgun on full 105 damage (as in, the shotgun goes far, but it only has it's full potential in some range, whihc is also what the mac 10 has). it might look a little like a pistol, but tin bit smaller, grey, and massive magazine coming out the bottom. recoil an go up to 12 shots at a time before anything happening

sawn off [shotgun]
bullets: 2/10 (12 bullets in all)
damage 5-105
reload time: 1600
ROF: same as normal shotgun
shots to kill: 1 at least
addl thoughts: even less accuracy than normal shotgun (tiny bit better than knife really). it'll look like a double barreled shotgun, except only a tiny bit of the actual barrel.

LAW or RPG
bullets 1/1 (2 bullets in all)
damage 45-200
ROF: N/A
Reload: 4500
shots to kill: 1 at least
addl thoughts: this should be extremely accurate, maybe even a scope like on a sniper, and it gives only gibs. shooting into a crowd will give an explosion effect- hitting multiple people. it should have a blast radius of maybe 4 people.

akimbo revolvers
bullets: 6/48, 6/48
damage: 18 each
shots to kill: 3
ROF: speed of carbine
reload: 2500
addl thoughts: it should be a slow powerful weapon, and each shot is simultaneous, unlike the akimbo pistol. accuracy should be the same as pistol

oh...just noticed the last two replies concerning this same thing...
Thanks given by:
I think doing that would be... too much for this game, don't you think?
Thanks given by:
re: display upcoming map - this is a planned feature, but it's tied-in with a few more intricate changes - so, sorry, even though it's easy enough to give this little info - it'll take us some time to get it "just right". ATM only option would be a server-message - it'd get lost in the intermission chatter. But we'll get there!

re: monospace borks menus .. uhm, well - it's not meant to be used with the default menus as such - it's basically in there for the credits menu .. and possibly for others like it (in the future). The scoreboard has it's own variable to toggle the font (scorefont 0 or scorefont 1).
Thanks given by:
wolfbr, assaultcube is way to simple for that many changes.
what you want is to play ps3 shooting games ^^
Thanks given by:
i dont play ac much now only at school, i play crossfire now but what i reckon would be kool with assaultcube is that if they got new guns like AssaultCube but you had too reach a lvl online too get that gun so a bit like cod just a bit and when you reach that lvl you unlock a ak47 and like lvl 80 you get a MP5 etc...
Thanks given by:
ABSOLUTELY NO LEVELING UP.
Thanks given by:
I don't mind the ranks idea(w/o having to unlock weapons) at all but I think it's better combined with a ladder. The rank systems I've encountered have been based on playing more and not necessarily better which is basically what the ladders are.
Thanks given by:
Nah, we won't have anything like this. It doesn't belong in fps.
Thanks given by:
Yea, I say no ranks. Could be third party like hi-skill, but not within the actual game.
Thanks given by:
(10 Nov 10, 09:19PM)titiPT Wrote: wolfbr, assaultcube is way to simple for that many changes.
what you want is to play ps3 shooting games ^^

not exactly, not exactly, I do not want that AC has a very large amount of weapons, only a "greater" variety of weapons for each situation

exemple > currently in AC> 2x pistol, smg, ar, , shotgun, melee, granade..Recently added, Carbine

i want more categories of weapons, like :
hmg(great damage, low fire rate and reload, good in long range)
suportL like minigun or sub with Cmag ( low damage and reload, much ammo)
explosives> like rocket launcher (to hit several enemies at once with one shot), good support and antcamper weapon

some examples of games that use a weapon system similar to AC(few weapons, however, each weapon serves a specific situation);
soldat, babo violent, wolfet...

some games have a lot of weapons, but few are usable(exemple: counter strike), I do not want this on AC, only more weapons for different situations : )
Thanks given by:
Still, although interesting, it's all way too sofisticated for AC. We're simple peeps ^^
Thanks given by:
er? wat dos many weapons mean???
i thought dat we had enogh!

Anyways, I would like to play with a rocket launcher. Just not in the official AC. That would be all too much.
Thanks given by:
No Rocket Launcher in Abandoned Mines? You sure? :(

How about exploding yoyos? And there aren't nearly enough flying suicide-bomber-monkeys of doom in AC.

I think AC is just fine with the direction in which it is headed... fast, simple action. Nothing more, nothing less.
Thanks given by: