Feedbacks from a new player
Hi guys,

I'm a new player of this awesome game. I want to share here my feedbacks about the game. Since one year ago, I've been looking for some open source fps game.
I searched a lot and even if I saw blogs speaking about assault cube I always discarded it. In particular, I focused on Cube2, RedEclipse and Xonotic, because from the screenshots and their websites they seemed good games. In my case, with good games, I mean with a nice graphic and an active community.

I've never installed AC (since a week ago), because I thought it looks ugly (from the screenshots), obsolete (based on cube instead of cube 2) and probably with a dead community (i.e. no players). However, I was wrong. I tried the game and I think it is really great.

I like the fact that is so lightweight (very good for my old computer) and it is incredible addictive and funny. In particular, I appreciate really much the realism (instead of rays and weird weapons). Even if the graphic doesn't have an high quality, it is surprisingly good.

Thus, in my opinion to attract new players there is the need to present the game in the right way, because the game itself is good.
Thanks given by: 1Cap
are you jumper from sauer? x)
Thanks given by:
No, I'm not :/

I chose a random nickname when I registered here xD
Thanks given by:
Please do these 2 things. It will be fun:

1) Read the old posts here from the forum ... Much of our walk as a community is here. See some share your ideas ... others do not.
2) Help me to help Marti reach 100,000+ posts. Thx.
Thanks given by:
(10 Mar 18, 06:59PM)1Cap Wrote: 2) Help me to help Marti reach 100,000+ posts. Thx.

just trying my best to keep this hole active
Thanks given by:
I'm pretty new as well, and do the devs want to advertise their game? It seems like it could have potental.
Add some more weapons, less cramped maps, make the game a bit more complex and boom thousands of players.
Thanks given by:
(26 Apr 18, 12:20AM)SamGamgee55 Wrote: I'm pretty new as well, and do the devs want to advertise their game? It seems like it could have potental...

Well, as 1Cap said, read some old post, and you will understand our situation. May i ask you whats your in-game name?
Thanks given by:
(26 Apr 18, 02:55AM)Delacroix Wrote: Well, as 1Cap said, read some old post, and you will understand our situation. May i ask you whats your in-game name?

My ingame name is anoob
Thanks given by:
I remember having half a million players at one time. Of course, I've been playing AC for 10 years. 10 fucking years. My oldest daughter was 10 years old when I started playing. Wow, honestly that's a huge investment of time. New guys, welcome to Assault Cube. Unfortunately, you may have shown up at the very ass-end of our reign as the best opensource FPS on the internet. There is nothing you can do. The reason you can do nothing is because all of the developers that meant something went on with their lives and left AC behind. What's even worse is they not only left the game behind, none of them passed the keys to the shop on to people who actually give a damn. Instead, they tucked them into their drawer out of pride and would rather let our community die at the hands of a FAGGOT that cares only about himself and the image he portrays to whatever guy he happens to be blowing. "Yeah, I am lead developer of an opensource game! ....*slurp, slurp" What's even worse is that any effort you make on the behalf of the game will be met with criticism, because surely your contribution is over-shadowed by an almighty GOD of coding and forum moderation. I suggest searching elsewhere for a game that will return your long-term commitment. A lot of our guys (10-12 year veterans) are going to Sauerbraten, maybe look at that. I don't want to discourage you, but I also don't want to give you false hope. Many of us have fought to try and put our sexy game on the map (i.e. Steam, MLG) but we don't have the support of the developers, because they disappeared and don't seem to give a shit. We have one douche of a "developer" left, and he is so full of himself he might as well be a one-man human centipede. Honestly, he's only still around because all of the REAL developers gave up and went on to other things, and passed the torch on to whomever would take the job (regardless of his abilities, or lack there-of). Also, BTW, don't offer to "throw" money at AC, because that will just be met with disgust and apprehension. Apparently, that money will be used to pay for hookers and crack, while the person receiving it down-plays your contribution and tries to convince everyone that you are a useless bastard if you can't code. Oh, wait.... Sorry, this post will likely only be short-term, and will be deleted soon. Big bad ass boss wouldn't want anyone to get the wrong impression. It's awesome that you appreciate AC, but unfortunately it's been going downhill for AT LEAST 4 years.
Thanks given by: vonunov
(21 May 18, 04:18AM)Boomhauer Wrote: Also, BTW, don't offer to "throw" money at AC, because that will just be met with disgust and apprehension.

iirc I'm the only one with access to the AC paypal and it's such a rare thing for me to even log into. The funds are pretty much strictly for hosting but I've been paying for most of it out of pocket, only withdrawing very little here and there and I really appreciate the people that have helped me keep the site paid for. Everything else is completely volunteered.

Also gonna leave your post untouched for now, I get your frustration, I'm pretty much the most useless dev aside from keeping the site alive, and just.
Thanks given by: Marti , kemoni221 , knifeonly1
We believe and recognize your value to this community X-Ray, for sure!

Thanks given by:
(21 May 18, 06:00AM)X-Ray_Dog Wrote:
(21 May 18, 04:18AM)Boomhauer Wrote: Also, BTW, don't offer to "throw" money at AC, because that will just be met with disgust and apprehension.

iirc I'm the only one with access to the AC paypal and it's such a rare thing for me to even log into. The funds are pretty much strictly for hosting but I've been paying for most of it out of pocket, only withdrawing very little here and there and I really appreciate the people that have helped me keep the site paid for. Everything else is completely volunteered.

Also gonna leave your post untouched for now, I get your frustration, I'm pretty much the most useless dev aside from keeping the site alive, and just.

I was not aware of that. I will begin donating again. And yes, none of this was directed at you, but I'm sure you know that.
Thanks given by:
moving to sauerbraten???? that game is pretty dead as well
Thanks given by:
Still love Ac
Thanks given by:
(06 Oct 18, 11:53AM)DAV!O Wrote: Still love Ac

Me too.. but there must be changes of devs and stop lying to people that crapy maps loose people... those are the maps that bring people here.. to build and play their own made maps. -then ofcourse they move on playing good quality maps.. like every one else exprired and learn by starting playing this game... -Restriction sucks.. and devs with their stupid policys too.
I still play this fine game! -but still to much of uncontrolled servers and lack of good admins these days?
I dont know how many times we gone throught this issue.. but it certainly wont stop untill devs attitude towards people stops.. and change to more human policy.
Thanks given by:
(20 Oct 18, 09:15AM)shad-99 Wrote:
(06 Oct 18, 11:53AM)DAV!O Wrote: ...

Me too..

Pub? Who cares about pub lol ( also ppl dont care much about inters either )... also love is for childs, i mean theres no respect for AC even if all of ppl love ac
Thanks given by:
(11 Mar 18, 02:19AM)Marti Wrote:
(10 Mar 18, 06:59PM)1Cap Wrote: 2) Help me to help Marti reach 100,000+ posts. Thx.

Holy cow, Marti you are still alive! 
I'll reveal you a secret. The best to keep a game alive is actually... playing it. Forum = wrong place. 
best
Thanks given by:
(21 Oct 18, 06:07PM)ketar Wrote:
(11 Mar 18, 02:19AM)Marti Wrote:

Marti was active monthes ago but seems no more
Thanks given by:
mhsaleh is a new (old) Marti
102/6 and growing fast
kkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk
Thanks given by:
Good to see you will read posts but you have no answer
Thanks given by:
What did you think about Xonotic? Do they still play lot of insta+hook?
Thanks given by:
(26 Oct 18, 07:01AM)vonunov Wrote: What did you think about Xonotic? Do they still play lot of insta+hook?
Insta servers are still popular but normal/vanilla server popularity is rising. Try it out!
Thanks given by: vonunov