Wish list
Hi,

I would like to open a thread about a wish list for this game. I think it could be useful to keep here all the suggestions to improve the game with the hope that someone will fix/implement at least something.
Thanks given by: 1Cap
I wish a wish list for this game
I wish new developers
I wish AC Facebook admin account
Thanks given by:
I wish regional MSs.
Thanks given by:
Now that I played for a while, I can share with you my ideas.

1. Often the players choose always the same few maps. Sometime the same map is continuously played for many matches. I can't understand why, but it's a little bit boring, I saw several interesting maps, but they were immediately changed :/
  2. Adding new items could make the game better (IMHO). For example, I would add a new kind of armour (to minimize the effort, it can be the same model with a different color/texture)  that is more powerful. Another possibility is that this new armour can extend the "armour's limit" from 100 to 150 (as an example). However, to be more realistic, this heavy armour decreases the speed of the player.
  3. The maps of this game are really pieces of art. They have more or less the same size, enough small, this makes the game a fast-paced fps. I think it would be awesome to have also a slow-paced fps, more strategical. This could be accomplished using bigger maps and introducing new items in the game (see 2).
  4. To attract new players, you can try to exploit the success of fortnite and pubg, introducing 'battle royale' as a new game mode. In few words, it is a survival match with a safe area that decreases over the time and the players must stay in the safe area (this is needed to avoid a waste of time looking for the other players when there are just few). The map doesn't need to be huge as the previously mentioned games. In my opinion a good map is like the union of 3-4 current played maps. I think this game mode can catch the interest of many new players.
  5. For the point 3 and 4, I think you can create new bigger maps joining some of the already existent maps. The results will be a map with different areas.
  6. I see that you use a custom map format (.cgz) instead of the standard format (.ogz). It could be interesting to add the support for ogz maps or create a tool to convert them in order to use also all the maps created for other games. I don't know if this is possible and it is not really important, because AC has already a lot of good maps.
Thanks given by: It's L'enmerdeur
We don't need to go back to 1104, next version of ac can be cooler than 1104 and 1202:
-remove map restrictions, or create tabs for "classic maps" servers and "non official ugly camper maps or whatever gema maps".
-Allow modded servers, because yeah, the best times i had in this game was in in my modded server; zombie mode, tlss... Imagine the possibilities ;), same thing, create a tab for "official servers" and "weirdos we don't like but do a better job than us to improve the game".
-Put the game on steam, just do it, the game still has a lot of potential. You need money ? People will donate much more on steam than on this lost island named "assault.cubers.net".
-Akimbo was a really good idea, now it doesnt exist anymore (i know the packages still work, but you can't add your custiom content anymore, i guess lucas abandonned his website :c), but it'd be a better idea to download content from the servers the players play in, so modders could directly upload their content to the server.
Wait
Something is wrong
I don't know why but
I have the feeling that 80% of ac community have been saying the same things for years
Soon this game will have nothing to lose anymore
You don't know me steff so you can't "personnaly" attack me
Now is your last chance to do something
Its not too late.
(Btw the guy above me has some pretty good ideas)
Thanks given by:
(11 Mar 18, 10:06AM)jumper Wrote: I see that you use a custom map format (.cgz) instead of the standard format (.ogz). It could be interesting to add the support for ogz maps or create a tool to convert them in order to use also all the maps created for other games.

cgz is the standard format for the cube 1 engine whereas ogz would require the cube 2 engine instead. Conversion from ogz to cgz is pointless, since cube 1 doesn't support the 3D layout of ogz maps. Maps from other games also usually require scaling to fit the player speed and game modes.

What might make sense, though, would be a feature to overlay an image with a floorplan during editing. That way you could take any picture of a map from any game, scale it with GIMP and create a new AC map from it.
Thanks given by: 1Cap
(11 Mar 18, 01:23PM)stef Wrote:
(11 Mar 18, 10:06AM)jumper Wrote: I see that you use a custom map format (.cgz) instead of the standard format (.ogz). It could be interesting to add the support for ogz maps or create a tool to convert them in order to use also all the maps created for other games.

cgz is the standard format for the cube 1 engine whereas ogz would require the cube 2 engine instead. Conversion from ogz to cgz is pointless, since cube 1 doesn't support the 3D layout of ogz maps. Maps from other games also usually require scaling to fit the player speed and game modes.

Well, Why not upgrade to C2?
AC on Cube 2, Now THAT I would upgrade my RAM for.

Maybe that`s what the developers have been doing this whole time... (I know that is obviously not what they`re doing, But I keep telling myself this so that I don`t end up capping myself)

Also, The floorplan idea would be great, No more spending hours hand mapping the floor with the crappy textures that nobody uses.
Thanks given by:
Why is this community OBSESSED with playing stupid maps like "twintowers" or "camper minecraft edition 2"? When I try to play my map, it says "Your map doesn't meet the requirements for Multiplayer mode". And yet these "map restrictions" allows camper maps? Complete nonsense! And where are the developers? Last update I have seen was in 2013! Look at Red Eclipse for example, made in 2009 and is bordering a 2.0 release with better graphics and improved gameplay. This game? NOTHING!
P.S: Yes, I do know what these useless "restrictions" are.

For the curious here is my map: ww1_trenches
Thanks given by:
changed my mind
Thanks given by:
(07 Jun 18, 04:08AM)SamGamgee55 Wrote: Why is this community OBSESSED with playing stupid maps like "twintowers" or "camper minecraft edition 2"? When I try to play my map, it says "Your map doesn't meet the requirements for Multiplayer mode". And yet these "map restrictions" allows camper maps? Complete nonsense! And where are the developers? Last update I have seen was in 2013! Look at Red Eclipse for example, made in 2009 and is bordering a 2.0 release with better graphics and improved gameplay. This game? NOTHING!

Alot of the time that's due to the abuse of the heightfield system, and specific placement of walls. camper and the oldschool twintower maps are notorious for this.

BTW: Here are the current map requirements (must be exact or lower to even be considered playable by the game)

30 cube Mean Height Average
10k Height Check (used to check maps with lots of heightfielded areas)
10k area average

Below is a screenshot of one of the minecraft camper map's map stats

As far as your own map goes, I can't seem to open it in game (despite having installed it correctly). Are you using another build besides the stock 1.2.0.2 one?

(07 Jun 18, 06:38AM)1Cap Wrote: It's simple. You are not the King. And the king is like a God. You will never understand what the King and his followers are doing. You do not have the capacity to think like a God.
Ask the king's followers about what God is doing ...
Ask Jamz, Grenadier, XDog, Drakas, LeXus, etc ...
But if they tell you they also do not know ... I suggest you go play Pokemon Go or turn a Teamkiller, cheater, hater, etc as many and many other old players have done ...

The fuck kind of weed have you been smoking...?
(05 Jun 18, 05:57PM)Masterhit Wrote: Well, Why not upgrade to C2?
AC on Cube 2, Now THAT I would upgrade my RAM for.

Maybe that`s what the developers have been doing this whole time... (I know that is obviously not what they`re doing, But I keep telling myself this so that I don`t end up capping myself)

Hate to burst your bubble, but that's not what's happening behind the scenes, nor is this going to happen with the current staff. You are however more than welcome to port ac to C2 if you'd like (though there were other attempts by another person, it never came to fruition). If you'd like to see what's being added, changed, etc, try checking out assault cube's git-hub page, or join the ac discord and watch the development channel. It pulls from the git-hub anytime it's updated, or someone contributes to the project.

You can view the project here: https://github.com/assaultcube/AC
Thanks given by:

A new game mode has been promised. Where is it? The community approved and ... was not done.
Many players were in "AC" because of GEMA game mode. So ... it was removed.
Maps with lots of water, various floors and a space theme were fun ... then they were blocked or deleted...
Just making incompatible maps between versions and boom .. destroyed years and years of creation and fun! yeah! 
So now we can jump 100 meters in the air and crouched at the same time ... very strange .. ah ... but this the devs allow .. so we can ...this is AC?
It's because the king wants it to be ...
Are the weapons balanced? If the king says ...
Dozens of cheaters all week .. dozens of trolls and TK's and a BL that will block plus 4,000,000,000 ips? really? Enough to be funny.
This group that is there has not done what is necessary, only what is appropriate for their beliefs ...
And then we get where we are ... no clans .. no players and everyone is missing the previous versions of the game ... did you understand? If you need to use any drugs to understand what I wrote the problem is not my problem ;)...

All those who do not seek status (be a king friend) agree with much of what I'm saying ...
I'll understand if you do not agree ...
Thanks given by:
(09 Jun 18, 04:03PM)D3M0NW0LF Wrote:
(07 Jun 18, 04:08AM)SamGamgee55 Wrote: Why is this community OBSESSED with playing stupid maps like "twintowers" or "camper minecraft edition 2"? When I try to play my map, it says "Your map doesn't meet the requirements for Multiplayer mode". And yet these "map restrictions" allows camper maps? Complete nonsense! And where are the developers? Last update I have seen was in 2013! Look at Red Eclipse for example, made in 2009 and is bordering a 2.0 release with better graphics and improved gameplay. This game? NOTHING!

Alot of the time that's due to the abuse of the heightfield system, and specific placement of walls. camper and the oldschool twintower maps are notorious for this.

BTW: Here are the current map requirements (must be exact or lower to even be considered playable by the game)

30 cube Mean Height Average
10k Height Check (used to check maps with lots of heightfielded areas)
10k area average

Below is a screenshot of one of the minecraft camper map's map stats

As far as your own map goes, I can't seem to open it in game (despite having installed it correctly). Are you using another build besides the stock 1.2.0.2 one?

you they also do not know ... I suggest you go play Pokemon Go or turn a Teamkiller, cheater, hater, etc as many and many other old players have done .
That's weird, I'm using the stock 1.2.02 one.
Thanks given by:
(09 Jun 18, 10:57PM)1Cap Wrote:
A new game mode has been promised. Where is it? The community approved and ... was not done.
Many players were in "AC" because of GEMA game mode. So ... it was removed.
Maps with lots of water, various floors and a space theme were fun ... then they were blocked or deleted...
Just making incompatible maps between versions and boom .. destroyed years and years of creation and fun! yeah! 
So now we can jump 100 meters in the air and crouched at the same time ... very strange .. ah ... but this the devs allow .. so we can ...this is AC?
It's because the king wants it to be ...
Are the weapons balanced? If the king says ...
Dozens of cheaters all week .. dozens of trolls and TK's and a BL that will block plus 4,000,000,000 ips? really? Enough to be funny.
This group that is there has not done what is necessary, only what is appropriate for their beliefs ...
And then we get where we are ... no clans .. no players and everyone is missing the previous versions of the game ... did you understand? If you need to use any drugs to understand what I wrote the problem is not my problem ;)...

All those who do not seek status (be a king friend) agree with much of what I'm saying ...
I'll understand if you do not agree ...

Seriously what are you smoking..? There NEVER was a promised gamemode.. If you're reffering to the capture point one ronald was working on, that was merely a pitched idea that fell through because of little to no testers... This gamemode was never promised to be in the new release(s) of ac...

As far as "GEMA" players go, they are in a small and private community. Try asking iguana about it sometime...

(10 Jun 18, 02:53AM)SamGamgee55 Wrote: That's weird, I'm using the stock 1.2.02 one.

That is strange indeed then...
Thanks given by: Delacroix
(05 Jun 18, 05:57PM)Masterhit Wrote: AC on Cube 2

Only if they patch in the fast straferunning
Thanks given by:
(09 Mar 18, 02:19AM)1Cap Wrote: I wish AC Facebook admin account

Lol, you've been asking for this for like 5 years. :P
Thanks given by:
"Soon this game will have nothing to lose anymore."
It's a game like other games, expire date of masterserver were a long time ago, you can smell rotten ac, so only stuff still keeps game alive is players, not dev. even without masterserver we can play ac, i hope you realize masterserver is only a list, no more usage for players, it only helps ms admins and dev to manage game but since they actually do what they lik3, it's better to think about new ms or no ms.
Thanks given by: