Experimental dev package for Mac OS X
*** Note: this package is for testing only, not for competitions and not for coopedit ***

Please test the experimental* package for Mac (previous dev package is there: http://forum.cubers.net/thread-7908.html) and post following informations:

1. whether game runs and on what Mac version,
2. whether fullscreen works ("fullscreentoggle" command and entry in menu Settings->Video settings),
3. whether gamma changing works and how - please test all two following settings:
a) "Set temporary gamma for this map" in menu Settings->Video settings ("gamma" command),
b) "Set temporary gammaramp for this map" in menu Settings->Video settings ("gammaramp" command),
4. whether some crashes appear and when.

*"experimental" means that the latest dev version of SDL 1.2 was used and some different function for gamma setting

Download: assaultcube_1.2next_20161025.dmg

Edit: posted new version assaultcube_1.2next_20160912, which should fix error sounds during key pressing.

Edit2: checked working on: 10.6 Snow Leopard (64-bit), 10.8.5 Mountain Lion (MacBook 2008), 10.10.5 Yosemite (MacBookPro Mid 2011), ...
Thanks given by: 1Cap , Mise"
(11 Sep 16, 03:46PM)grenadier Wrote: *** Note: this package is for testing only, not for competitions and not for coopedit ***

It is working full-screen on OS X 10.10.5 Yosemite, as well as gamma but with one bug. For every keyboard input it plays that "Purr" error sound and screen flash. So its not playable.

1. Mac version : MacBookPro Mid 2011
2. Full-screen works with both, in menu command as well as in in-game syntax.
3. Gamma works only with menu command (for me).
4. It has not crashed for me (yet).

One more issue with MAC version is that we can't change weapon with mouse wheel while we crouch in game.
Thanks given by: Mise" , grenadier This user is a dev/forum admin , 1Cap
(12 Sep 16, 03:37AM)Vinayill Wrote: It is working full-screen on OS X 10.10.5 Yosemite, as well as gamma but with one bug. For every keyboard input it plays that "Purr" error sound and screen flash.
1. It happens also in windowed mode?
2. Error sound is played, but keys work right?
3. Does screen flash happen, if you have set in AC the same resolution as in desktop?

Could you check in Sauerbraten, whether fullscreen works without such problem?

Quote:One more issue with MAC version is that we can't change weapon with mouse wheel while we crouch in game.
Shift + mouse wheel/scroll on Mac enable horizontal scrolling, that works with all (windowed?) applications. So you have to bind crouch to different key (for example left Ctrl, C).
Thanks given by:
(12 Sep 16, 12:06PM)grenadier Wrote: 1. It happens also in windowed mode?
2. Error sound is played, but keys work right?
3. Does screen flash happen, if you have set in AC the same resolution as in desktop?
Could you check in Sauerbraten, whether fullscreen works without such problem?

1. Yes, it happens in windowed mode also.
2. Yes, Error sound plays and screen flashes, yet buttons still works. (but with a small amount of delay because CPU has to play the sound and screen flash)
3. It flashes, no matter which resolution you put the game in. (I tried all resolutions)

I don't have Sauerbraten installed on my MAC.

Gamma reset to default value every-time I quit game, while the values in the menu still shows the values I set last time. For example if I set the value to 300 and hit apply it works, but if I quit the game and come back, it reset the Gamma to 100 but in the menu it shows 300. So you have to go to the menu and hit apply again to make it work again.
Thanks given by:
In the first post I posted new version assaultcube_1.2next_20160912, which should fix the problem with error sounds and screen flashing during keys pressing.

(12 Sep 16, 03:20PM)Vinayill Wrote: Gamma reset to default value every-time I quit game, while the values in the menu still shows the values I set last time. For example if I set the value to 300 and hit apply it works, but if I quit the game and come back, it reset the Gamma to 100 but in the menu it shows 300. So you have to go to the menu and hit apply again to make it work again.
"gamma" command in dev version sets only temporary gamma, if you want to set persistent gamma, use 2 options "Set default gamma..." in "Video settings" menu.

But now is needed testing mainly temporary gamma - in Video settings menu there are 2 options for that, which use 2 different functions, we need to know, which from them work on Mac. So please test "Set temporary gamma for this map" and "Set temporary gammaramp for this map" and tell, how they work.
Thanks given by:
(12 Sep 16, 11:43PM)grenadier Wrote: But now is needed testing mainly temporary gamma - in Video settings menu there are 2 options for that, which use 2 different functions, we need to know, which from them work on Mac. So please test "Set temporary gamma for this map" and "Set temporary gammaramp for this map" and tell, how they work.

Error Sound and Flash screen error is Fixed, but...

Now, "Set temporary Gamma for this map" works fine but for a match only. If you connect to another server or vote another map,, it reset back to 100. (Which is fine)

"Set temporary Gammaramp for this map", does not work. It display a message "Couldn't set Gamma ramp".

"Set default Gamma for this map" works fine and it load the settings as I get back to that map again. And we don't need to hit apply to apply it, it works in real-time.

"Set default Gamma for maps without own default", does not work at all. (I don't know if it should override the "default gamma for map" settings....?

The Assaultcube Game Launcher window does not stay on top of all windows. (Sometimes it open behind other open application's window)

Right-click Nade throw does not work as it should throw a quick nade. It throws (complete animation) similar to left click throw.

Game is not as responsive as it is on MS-Windows based PC's. And we cant Hax jump because of that (As it require a fast clicks of buttons).

Set temporary Gammaramp for this map :
https://www.mediafire.com/?n2nx32f3j3a3n48
Thanks given by: grenadier This user is a dev/forum admin
(13 Sep 16, 02:04AM)Vinayill Wrote: "Set temporary Gammaramp for this map", does not work. It display a message "Couldn't set Gamma ramp".
OK, that's thought weird, because in previous package I used "SDL_GammaRamp" function in "gamma" command and it worked, unless I messed up something...

Quote:"Set default Gamma for maps without own default", does not work at all. (I don't know if it should override the "default gamma for map" settings....?
It needs map restart.

Quote:The Assaultcube Game Launcher window does not stay on top of all windows. (Sometimes it open behind other open application's window)
Noted, but difficult to say, whether and when that can be improved...

Quote:Right-click Nade throw does not work as it should throw a quick nade. It throws (complete animation) similar to left click throw.
Feature, it was weird/ugly/too much unnatural, so return to older behaviour.

Quote:Game is not as responsive as it is on MS-Windows based PC's. And we cant Hax jump because of that (As it require a fast clicks of buttons).
Feature regardless of system, edge jumps stayed, but "hax jumps" are fixed (removed).

PS. More testers are welcome, especially on different system than Yosemite. :)
Thanks given by:
Crash Report : https://www.mediafire.com/?hegr5ahgnwg6uol
Thanks given by:
In download now. I'll let you know, thanks
Thanks given by:
(20 Sep 16, 06:12AM)Vinayill Wrote: Crash Report : https://www.mediafire.com/?hegr5ahgnwg6uol
Do you remember, when it happened - what caused it, it's reproducible?
Thanks given by:
(20 Sep 16, 08:33PM)grenadier Wrote: Do you remember, when it happened - what caused it, it's reproducible?

/getmap for Spin (Map) command, caused that crash...

Another missing map model on SWAT_silent_day...map : https://www.mediafire.com/?w2imud20nz7g9m4
Thanks given by:
could you please use proper maps for testing? :) (spin is f'd up)

I'm sure, you checked, if the SWAT map threw any warnings, right?
Thanks given by: