Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Team Sign Up Thread
(13 Jun 16, 10:28AM)Roflcopter Wrote: The tournament tree will be setup so that two teams from the same region cannot play in the final. Teams will also be seeded so that better teams won't play each other in the first round.

Why not give a go to double elimation then? It would allow the two best teams to be in finals even if they are in the same region and the seeds would not be required anymore.
Thanks given by:
(13 Jun 16, 10:36AM)ExodusS Wrote:
(13 Jun 16, 10:28AM)Roflcopter Wrote: The tournament tree will be setup so that two teams from the same region cannot play in the final. Teams will also be seeded so that better teams won't play each other in the first round.

Why not give a go to double elimation then? It would allow the two best teams to be in finals even if they are in the same region and the seeds would not be required anymore.

We are doing double elimination. You're right that two teams from the same region could play in the final if one drops to the losers' bracket and wins it, however.
Thanks given by:
(13 Jun 16, 03:01AM)thla Wrote: and H3X from Mauritius
He has same ping with us and yea close to Australia

Sorry but this is fucking bullshit. Mauritius is next to Madagascar, if anything H3X should play for an African team. Not a country across the Indian Ocean. If we do teams pingwise why dont we put the 5 best EU players in a team and say ' oh its allowed they have similar ping'
Thanks given by: Nemo
(13 Jun 16, 11:52AM)Marti Wrote:
(13 Jun 16, 03:01AM)thla Wrote: and H3X from Mauritius
He has same ping with us and yea close to Australia

Sorry but this is fucking bullshit. Mauritius is next to Madagascar, if anything H3X should play for an African team. Not a country across the Indian Ocean. If we do teams pingwise why dont we put the 5 best EU players in a team and say ' oh its allowed they have similar ping'
Thers is no team from African and yea if the ACWC director said yes, then yea he can
Thers no reason to be worry!
Thanks given by:
usually AUS should have no trouble finding enough decent players or play as oceania with NZ ... if h3x wants to play and there is no team, france would make most sense imo

maybe look at previous AUS lineups and contact those players thla
Thanks given by:
(13 Jun 16, 12:37PM)thla Wrote: yea if the ACWC director said yes, then yea he can
Thers no reason to be worry!

luckily he didnt say yes :)
Thanks given by:
(13 Jun 16, 12:43PM)Robtics Wrote: usually AUS should have no trouble finding enough decent players or play as oceania with NZ ... if h3x wants to play and there is no team, france would make most sense imo

maybe look at previous AUS lineups and contact those players thla

Well i see if there is one.....
If not then go with what is left
Thanks given by:
(13 Jun 16, 10:46AM)Roflcopter Wrote: We are doing double elimination.

My bad, I did not see the losers tab in the bracket.
Thanks given by:
Our final decision is that H3X cannot play for the Australian team due to the fact that he is from Mauritius, which is not even a part of the Oceania region. You are free to add anyone from Australia, New Zealand, or the surrounding region.
Thanks given by:
we need more signups. ppl make teams yo
Thanks given by: HoeHunter
(14 Jun 16, 03:54PM)Marti Wrote: we need more signups. ppl make teams yo

Two more and we'll have eight teams. But there's space for 16; signup ends this Sunday.
Thanks given by:
If you want more teams, I think a good thing would be to let the teams who can't get enough be more lenient..I don't see the problem letting H3x play for aus..either way good luck to everyone.
Thanks given by: thla , Teapot
(14 Jun 16, 07:12PM)DogDancing Wrote: If you want more teams, I think a good thing would be to let the teams who can't get enough be more lenient..I don't see the problem letting H3x play for aus..either way good luck to everyone.

well, there are aus players around (e.g. undead), they should be included in countries' teams (if they want/can play ofc) before weird shit like this happens, but thats just my opinion
Thanks given by: thla
Country/Region: USA
Team Tag: .usa
Captain: fantasma
Players: fantasma, swattlellama, brutality
Substitutes: HoeHunter
Thanks given by: Teapot , josivo
United States B Team approved!
Thanks given by:
Btw, what happens if e.g. 11 teams sign up?
Thanks given by:
(15 Jun 16, 11:15AM)Marti Wrote: Btw, what happens if e.g. 11 teams sign up?

It still works.
Thanks given by:
Bye i guess, just like we had past year :P
Thanks given by:
(15 Jun 16, 05:04PM)-Subjective Wrote: Bye i guess, just like we had past year :P
If a bye is needed I will give it to France considering they won last year with their same lineup.
Thanks given by: Million , Sanzo''
(15 Jun 16, 06:22PM)HoeHunter Wrote: If a bye is needed I will give it to France considering they won last year with their same lineup.

i'd give it to USA B
Thanks given by: -Subjective , Teapot
Byes are not required.
Thanks given by:
Signups end this Sunday at 9pm GMT! We're hoping for at least eight teams (one more).

The first match week is Monday 20 to Sunday 26.
Thanks given by:
Germany will sign up soon.
Thanks given by: Vanquish
(17 Jun 16, 01:40PM)Roflcopter Wrote: Signups end this Sunday at 9pm GMT! We're hoping for at least eight teams (one more).

The first match week is Monday 20 to Sunday 26.

Dafuq , thought acwc starts in july, "AC World Cup 2016 is a 3v3 CTF cup taking place in July and August!"

Sveark comes back at 2 July, is there any way to play later? I still hope that he will come back faster but fuck knows, he wasnt online since 12 june

Anyway add Madcat as a sub for the ru team and change captain (to me) please :|
Thanks given by:
(17 Jun 16, 02:13PM)sukablya Wrote: Dafuq , thought acwc starts in july, "AC World Cup 2016 is a 3v3 CTF cup taking place in July and August!"

Sveark comes back at 2 July, is there any way to play later? I still hope that he will come back faster but fuck knows, he wasnt online since 12 june

Anyway add Madcat as a sub for the ru team and change captain (to me) please :|

Don't worry, we want all the games to get played with teams' first lineups where possible. As long as teams make good effort to play their matches, we'll be flexible. I'll talk to the other admins about time extensions.
Thanks given by:
We will be willing to hold off on some games to ensure every team can participate. We will do our best to accommodate the needs of any team.
Thanks given by:
NL vs GER first round pls. Wanna rek our neighbours :)
Thanks given by:
I dont know if I will get a team, sorry :c
Thanks given by:
(17 Jun 16, 06:46PM)Marti Wrote: NL vs GER first round pls. Wanna rek our neighbours :)
#madcosnotateuro
Thanks given by: Hostaa , Marti , Vanquish
(17 Jun 16, 02:13PM)sukablya Wrote: Anyway add Madcat as a sub for the ru team and change captain (to me) please :|
Your roster has been updated on the spreadsheet.
Thanks given by: