AC 1.1 OR AC 1.0.4
(23 Sep 10, 12:33PM)|BC|Wolf Wrote: Then why did you say "been spamming the AC forums for so long" lol

Wolf, please start thinking before posting please, it will save a great deal of space and time x)

Mr.Floppy Wrote:That doesn't matter. You've got enough warnings already and yet you still can't behave. I'm not in for discussing.

Yet you have hehe :P

P@ndel
Thanks given by:
(23 Sep 10, 07:57AM)Monas|SK| Wrote: The nades between rounds were awesome I don't understand why that was a problem =/
This was a glitch. There's no way you can say that the game was ever supposed to behave like that.

(23 Sep 10, 07:57AM)Monas|SK| Wrote: The spectating mode is really stupid cuz you get autokicked so fast.
This is a really quick fix, but you need to kick spectators sooner or later, or else they just take spots on the server without doing anything.

(23 Sep 10, 07:57AM)Monas|SK| Wrote: The lag issue,why we get banned/kicked if we lag for a little moment? With all the respect That's a noob command/script whatever it's named, called anti-hack? IMO the correct way to do this was to make a ban/kick for the ones who score a ratio 10+ or 8+ if we talk about ratio whores.
As Brahma has already explained, the auto-kick is not kicking people when they lag, it kicks wrongly when the server lags.

(23 Sep 10, 07:57AM)Monas|SK| Wrote: Speed hack could be kicked if you set the location of a player to a max in a second,there are some stats in the right low corner that say some stuff and you can set that in the map where you CAN'T go too far in a second or you get kicked/banned for speedhacking.
Have you read anything about the anti-cheat at all? That is almost exactly what the system is doing, except that is also needs to make sure it doesn't kick people who are AR/SMG boosting, which makes it more complex than that.

(23 Sep 10, 07:57AM)Monas|SK| Wrote: BTW now the game is called ShotgunCube because now everybody uses the shotgun because it's so freakin' easy to get a gib. That was to fix the smg and sniper problems but where's the assault riffle?
The AR is fine, it was given additional ammo and it works just as well as the other weapons. And shotgun gibs are only worth 1 point, not 2.
Thanks given by:
But it's a gibbing fest with the shotguns and new crappy maps that are so small there's a new map made by Rat or something like that that is horrible in all the expresion of the word and its a gibbing fest,It's annoying that now you walk around and you get headshooted
Thanks given by:
If you not using shotgun, just avoid enclosed areas of the maps...

I played a fair share of pubs in 1.1 by now and I find the shotgunners much less annoying than the nade spammers in 1.0 (you know Monas, that guy that sits on top of nades in depot and spam da hell of the entryways, to have a fancy ratio? I'm sure you do.) I don't get aggravated with shotties any more or less than I used to in 1.0. But, yes, the shotty is quite stronger now, for pubs it don't relle matter, caus 80% of players can't relle aim right, but in the hands of a good players it can do some damage.
But again, it all depends on the map. Just a few days ago I played some fun matches against some good shotgunners, at mines, elevation and urban, without a shotty myself I would have some hard times, but power, depot, desert3, shine and sunset, the shotty was no match for the other weapons, its funny see a mad shottgunner trying to kill a guy rifle sprinting, let me tell you, its not easy.
Anyways, maybe we gonna to wait some time till the community mappers come up with some more balanced maps for 1.1, caus you right, most of 1.0 maps have way to many narrow passages and doorways that are the shotties wet dream!
Thanks given by:
(23 Sep 10, 12:56PM)P@ndel Wrote:
(23 Sep 10, 12:33PM)|BC|Wolf Wrote: Then why did you say "been spamming the AC forums for so long" lol

Wolf, please start thinking before posting please, it will save a great deal of space and time x)

Instead of posting away like an impudent child, why not simply answer my question, or better yet, swallow the fact that it may just be possible you're wrong. I took quite enough time to ponder before issuing my point. Did you?
Thanks given by:
Let's be honest P@ndel is the only spamzor,you make a thread and people give their opinion and they you come and tell the to gdfo or sdfu or you just post a quoted comment with +1 and your signature,which is not necesary. Stay on the topic plz ty.
Thanks given by:
Off topic: guys, you tell me that i am the *spammer* (i hope you know what this word means), but what is it that you do here? I didn't tell anything to you, about you, at you, yet you go and write stuff off topic to me, and call ME with a word *spammer*? ... Oh, i am sorry that i have showed some reaction against a guy who has been spamming our forums with his useless posts, fake links etc, definitely a guy who was probably banned for no good reason and tries to shit on AC (yet, you cannot think of that). Now i realize that i should have remained silent, and kept my mouth shut as you, and don't give a f*ck about the forums where we are trying to tell and suggest devs to make the game a little better, right?

On topic: for me the shotgunners have become much more annoying. The shotty seems to be stronger now, and it really pisses me off to somehow, for an unknown unrealistic reason, to get gibbed by a ... shotgun? But i can agree about the nades. I think 1 nade is enough to prevent the meaningless nade spam at the doors etc.

P@ndel
Thanks given by:
Here you go P@ndel...

Bukz
Thanks given by:
(24 Sep 10, 10:23AM)Bukz Wrote: Here you go P@ndel...

Bukz

I don't understand the point of posting this, as we continue the argument there as well, but since you gave me a link, i feel obliged to give YOU a link: http://forum.cubers.net/thread-975-post-...l#pid16153 and all that follows next.

P@ndel
Thanks given by:
Right, link to something where your logic was completely torn to pieces, gj. :D
Thanks given by:
(24 Sep 10, 10:47AM)Bukz Wrote: Right, link to something where your logic was completely torn to pieces, gj. :D

Are you trying to win an argument or what? Check the link again, i pretty much think that YOUR logic is torn apart (not that i want to win any argument, at least not against you, but that you make a very weak one without even trying to back it up with some good stuff, but asking some useless questions and expecting me to answer them)

P@ndel
Thanks given by:
Nah, you just think that any of the bs that rolls off your tounge must be true, maybe an egotistical thing or something?
Thanks given by:
(24 Sep 10, 10:55AM)Bukz Wrote: Nah, you just think that any of the bs that rolls off your tounge must be true, maybe an egotistical thing or something?

Meh, it was a desperate attempt to make someone first hear, then understand (not agree) something. Well, i loose there x)

P@ndel
Thanks given by:
It just doesn't appear as though you ever respond to posts in a friendly tone. You seem to have a habit of phrasing your opinions in an incendiary fashion. If you adopted an attitude of non-combativeness, I'm pretty sure your posts and ideas would be more respected.
Thanks given by:
(25 Sep 10, 09:56AM)DES|V-Man Wrote: It just doesn't appear as though you ever respond to posts in a friendly tone. You seem to have a habit of phrasing your opinions in an incendiary fashion. If you adopted an attitude of non-combativeness, I'm pretty sure your posts and ideas would be more respected.

see how admins behave with guys that don't like new version :
#assaultcube topic Wrote:Topic for #assaultcube is “http://assault.cubers.net/ - Get AssaultCube now! - We are P@ndel-less for 7 (count em - SEVEN - jiba ftw) whole days! Paaaartayyyyy! :D”

That is absolutely childish. Both sides behaved bad. Now it's time to talk together of what is good and what is not good in 1.1 without insulting anybody. Guys who want to flame aren't welcome here. Let's start this discussion from zero.
Thanks given by:
#assaultcube topic Wrote:Topic for #assaultcube is “http://assault.cubers.net/ - Get AssaultCube now! - We are P@ndel-less for 7 (count em - SEVEN - jiba ftw) whole days! Paaaartayyyyy! :D”

+9999
Thanks given by:
Luc@s Wrote:see how admins behave with guys that don't like new version :

That is absolutely childish. Both sides behaved bad. Now it's time to talk together of what is good and what is not good in 1.1 without insulting anybody. Guys who want to flame aren't welcome here. Let's start this discussion from zero.

Agreed.
Thanks given by:
(26 Sep 10, 02:33PM)Quorthon Wrote:
Luc@s Wrote:see how admins behave with guys that don't like new version :

Agreed.
He started it!
Thanks given by:
No matter. Beer and chicken wings for all!
Thanks given by:
Although my name appears on the irc message I did not put it there and I have never once debated the issues surrounding P@ndel’s opinions. I have just read and kept my opinions to myself and all I have done is moderate the forum within the guidelines and rules set by the Devs.

Now in my opinion I think a lot of points/issues regarding 1.1 have been said and all that is happening is the same points are being made over and over again but with more and more hostility. Now as a moderator (like others) I don’t have the answers for you all and you are going to have to be patient and wait for developers to possibly reply/respond to any of these issues.
If and when they reply is up to them and in my opinion the use of these forums is a privilege and not a right. So anyone wishing to post a comment relating to any topic/thread please think carefully about what you want to communicate and have respect for others.
Thanks given by:
I put that on the topic, I wasn't trying to put blame onto jiba, only thanking him for extending our vaction time from the AC WWIII trollathon throwdown, also, I'm pretty sure I wasn't the only one celebrating. :)

I'm sure lots of people were here for the old forums (vanilla) - it had a forum etiquette thread written by NightHawk[C=64] - and it laid out some basic guidelines for users to follow.

One of the major points being, if you have a problem with another clan/player, don't bring it onto the forums. It is not the kind of stuff we want to be showing off to newcomers. Voicing your opinion in a civil manner is one thing, but trolling/spamming your opinions at others in hopes that they will stop thinking for themselves, and just agree with you, is entirely another thing. Let's try getting something contructive done with the forums, eh? Rather than splitting the community even further than it already is?

The flame wars are getting old, especially the wildly unnecessary ones. Please just try to at least be civil, if not polite, while making your posts here. It won't matter what you're talking about, as long as you are not trying to directly offend someone on the forums, you have no reason to worry about warning points, bans, "oppression" and all this other stuff we keep hearing about. :)

You hit the nail on the head with that one jiba, you can disagree with someone without being disrespectful, and if you are not sure how to do that, please refrain from posting until you figure it out. :P

P.S.

The "you" that I've been using in this post, is speaking in general about everyone, not just any one person.
Thanks given by:
the problem if some guys, they will recognize themselves, are trying to hide some discussions, and victims of this censor, finally get mad and start to "flame" so they finally get listened.
Thanks given by:
Just curious.. Is there going to be a 1.1 release cup of some sort?
Thanks given by:
(26 Sep 10, 10:14PM)Drakas Wrote: Just curious.. Is there going to be a 1.1 release cup of some sort?

if there is one, hopefully it will be played in 1.0, just so we can have one last thing to remember it by.
Thanks given by:
(26 Sep 10, 10:18PM)Habluka Wrote:
(26 Sep 10, 10:14PM)Drakas Wrote: Just curious.. Is there going to be a 1.1 release cup of some sort?

if there is one, hopefully it will be played in 1.0, just so we can have one last thing to remember it by.
A 1.0 release cup in 2010?

Well, we did have the ACWC in July/August, but if you missed it then it's your own fault! ;)
Thanks given by:
Again why is this still open...
Thanks given by:
Who organised the last one? Drakas, I believe that many of us probably think you are well qualified and competent to be involved with organising an AC release cup. Perhaps you could open up a new thread to get the discussion started?
Thanks given by:
(26 Sep 10, 11:39PM)jiba Wrote: Who organised the last one? Drakas, I believe that many of us probably think you are well qualified and competent to be involved with organising an AC release cup. Perhaps you could open up a new thread to get the discussion started?
I think it was the dev-team, mainly flowtron. Would be nice to get back those AC release cup brackets on display, too.
Thanks given by:
Well I've just recently fixed all my 1.1 problems (lagging/crashing when alt-tabbing, lower fps) by resetting my binds. Therefore, now that I can play 1.1 without any troubles, we can put 1.04 behind us and move on.
Thanks given by:
yeah i wanna 1.1 release cup too :) please devs :) it can be a good opportunity for players to see that 1.1 IS fun :)
Thanks given by: