What would you actually like to see in AC?
What does the community actually want to see AC? Please no stupid posts.
Thanks given by:
Improved weapon balance, /pause, better voting (to deal with the disconnect canceling a vote issue)
Thanks given by:
/pause for /mastermode 2.

Improved weapon balance.
Thanks given by:
Definitely /pause.

Maybe a bit of tweaking in the weapon balance.

Also no map restrictions, bring back awesome old maps!
Thanks given by:
I would like to see gema as an official mode.
Thanks given by:
Pause is a must.
Combat pistol would be an interesting twist, but perhaps I'm too hopeful on that front.
What benefit would it bring to have gema as an official mode? Maybe I'm wrong, but I've always seen gema as something similar to Loup Brebis or duck/deerhunt and the likes. Things that are fun to play, but not really meriting the status of official mode.
Voting gema in a CM would certainly be interesting...

EDIT: Though at the same time, putting it as a mode wouldn't be the worse thing since it's mainly just an option for those who want to play it, and I guess if you don't like it just don't play it.
Thanks given by:
I think having gema as an official mode would foster depth. There are many players who are drawn to AssaultCube soley because of gema and do not play any of the official modes.
Thanks given by:
Btw does this "pause" feature from AC Match Client work as you want?
Thanks given by:
Stable moderation that doesn't align with the egos of developers. This is a pretty good start since AC is a multiplayer game, and people are social creatures too, so like the "sheep" they are, they flock in the forums

My other suggestions have already been said in this thread
Thanks given by:
I'd like to see something cemer suggested on IRC a while ago: regular or at least semi-regular patches/updates to the game that revise the current official map list. This should include adding new, interesting ones that would encourage the community to try out new maps and play them in a competitive, as well as a casual setting. This would also benefit the mapping community, as they'd have more of an incentive to create content or revise existing content in order to make the game on the whole more enjoyable.

If I can think of the thing that bores me the most when I play AC, it's that people only ever play the same 4-5 maps. In my opinion, developers also should not be afraid to remove certain maps from the official package too - however that's a less pressing matter.

And then, a /pause or /timeout feature as others have suggested.

<troll>
Oh, and I'd like to see AC become more like Quake Live/Reflex.
</troll>
Thanks given by:
(25 May 15, 11:39PM)Vanquish Wrote: In my opinion, developers also should not be afraid to remove certain maps from the official package too - however that's a less pressing matter.
It's also something that's never going to happen, apparently.
I like that map idea, if the devs* could find a way to get make the maps menus download every time one of them is accessed, and then when a user clicks on the map it can be downloaded from Akimbo.

edit: and ffs I first saw the pause idea gain momentum on this forum 4-5 years ago and there is still no word on it. wtf
Thanks given by:
/pause and what vanq said about my suggestion
Thanks given by: Orynge
more players
strong clans
me like AC Facebook admin
Thanks given by:
(26 May 15, 03:54AM)1Cap Wrote: more players
strong clans
me like AC Facebook admin

Legit: Do people actually use AC facebook? Maybe it's just where I'm from, but me and a lot of people would /never/ join a game's facebook, considering some of the community members...
Thanks given by:
Back when FB had some clout as being a legitimate networking service and not just the next generation myspace I totally considered AC facebook some hot stuff, but, it ain't shit these days because what is there to recommend? Honestly?

What I would actually want to see is a game full of throwdown artists engaging in epic combat. I could tell you, but AC has a history of being built on what was already added to it regardless of whether or not it was good.
Thanks given by:
great suggestions so far.
other than the aforementioned, i want
- auto-patcher (was this getting done?)
- master-server tabs
- map restriction removal
- structural encouragement of competitive play

i suppose if we can't bring all the players back, we can make AC as enjoyable as possible for those that are still left.
Thanks given by:
Map restrictions removed
/cyclemap
Thanks given by:
- a pause command
- regular (monthly ?) patches to avoid 2-3 years without a change
- no more map restrictions, it's anti-fun
- separate the master server into custom (gema, custom maps) & official modes
- a developing team that actively asks for community help, feedback and ideas on how to improve their gaming experience
- a rework or the weapon balance by players who actually know what they're doing
- more official statements & tournaments regarding the competitive/active side of AC to encourage newer players to stick and improve in this game
I'm not sure if the ideas mentionned in this thread will even help because they shouldve been implemented years ago... But it's still worth a (last?) try!
Thanks given by:
Better weapon balance.
Complete removal of map restrictions.
A dev team that is bound by the desires of the community.

+ Other things mentioned by fellows like Undead.
Thanks given by:
I'm not much into the competitive scene, but a pause feature does seem as a good idea.
Weapon re-balance is a must imo.
Clearly define the master server into categories, so that random new players know what they're getting into. A better master server overall.
More players overall, more players per server.
As far as mapping goes, I'd like more control over mapping, less mapping restrictions, upgrade to the rendering engine, even more integration with akimbo.
Better anti spam and anti cheat measures.
Some kind of social integration, so you can PM players across servers, friends list to see their online status, and better clan integration.
Active development and more releases in a timely manner. Bug fixes and game improvements.
Better moderation on the forums, and if I can wish for anything, I would like that some people get away form Assault Cube forever, namely Undead, Giga, and some others to a less degree.
Return of the jamz.
Official tournaments and an official ladder, official competitions for content creation.
Thanks given by:
(26 May 15, 03:15PM)RKTnoob Wrote: Better moderation on the forums, and if I can wish for anything, I would like that some people get away form Assault Cube forever, namely Undead

care to tell us why? if i had left AC, some of your suggestions wouldn't have entered your head in the first place
Thanks given by:
i can understand giga but regardless of your view of him undead has presented great ideas and work
This is not about why I don't like Undead, please stay on topic.
If he wants to know why I don't like him, he can always PM me.
Thanks given by:
Yes, we can use Facebook to bring people to game:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/assaultcubers
+ 1300 users
I'm using the button "report". Do the same.
Thanks given by:
Weird, it's a group. I would have thought it would be like a page or something.
Thanks given by:
There used to be a page iirc
Edit: Yup, found it
Thanks given by:
Posted by Oracle - 49 minutes ago
There used to be a page iirc
Edit: Yup, found it

Yes and i'm a social media expert so i can help to bring more ppl to game easily

1298 is a very cool number \0
Thanks given by:
id really like to see mapping undergo a revival in the sense that people would like to play these naps competitively and casually, instead of just being art

if we could somehow garner community and veteran mapper support for maps to be included, minor versions could be pushed just for maps so people start playing them and then mappers could get better feedback on how it feels (from a larger sample size)
you are asking too much.. I think, for a start, the weapon balance should be like the 1.0.4 version and the map restriction must go and then you can ask silly things like the pause command, but not before than a better anti-cheat. imo
Thanks given by:
Speaking of anti-cheat, slightly tangential (perhaps silly) question: has anybody ever had a go at it since Brahma left? Just curious
Thanks given by: