What would you actually like to see in AC?
And also I've been a supporter of map restrictions, but they've hurt the game more than they've helped the game imo.
Thanks given by:
(26 May 15, 10:54PM)MPx Wrote: you are asking too much.. I think, for a start, the weapon balance should be like the 1.0.4 version and the map restriction must go and then you can ask silly things like the pause command, but not before than a better anti-cheat. imo

Mate, I'm just trying to find out what people want. Everyone has a different opinion and everyone has different priorities. Also, I don't think they have asked too much. As far as competitive play goes, the pause command is really useful and not silly at all.
Thanks given by:
(27 May 15, 12:02AM)Mousikos Wrote: As far as competitive play goes, the pause command is really useful and not silly at all.

Aye. We play games everyday where guys are lagging out, brb'ing, etc. Pretty much every single game.
Thanks given by:
1. More players
2. Tweak on weapon balance(Its close, if you have basic strategies)
3.BETTER SERVERS.
I know it is the player's responsibility, but a ton of these servers are just horrid and are always in the yellow and red, and sadly enough the more active ones, which is one main reason I haven't played as much as I want to.
Thanks given by:
What's wrong with weapon balance? Sorry, I'm not competent enough to experience weapon imbalances.
Thanks given by:
Not a whole lot, if the servers were halfway decent or the good ones halfway active. Some people are just really good with the shotty, but on a crap server they are not even visible before SPLAT, and that is where the strategies come in and Im a big fan of always learning and using every weapon his game has to offer, which is enough to frag anyone.
EDIT: I'm not very competent on this as well. I just play the game. I still love this game just less happy with it from 1.1.0.4. The age old statement that I've heard for years since any older stable version , which I am sick of. I hope to keep moving forward, IF WE CAN
Thanks given by:
Don't want to be an ass but why are we discussing this since the last dev left ?
Thanks given by:
(27 May 15, 07:14AM)Million Wrote: Don't want to be an ass but why are we discussing this since the last dev left ?

why discuss it in the past if there was no chance of anything being implemented then?
Thanks given by:
(27 May 15, 09:53AM)Undead Wrote:
(27 May 15, 07:14AM)Million Wrote: Don't want to be an ass but why are we discussing this since the last dev left ?

why discuss it in the past if there was no chance of anything being implemented then?

Again more lies.... some of this stuff, no map restrictions for example was definitely going to be in the next version already.
Thanks given by:
(27 May 15, 09:57AM)Harps Wrote: Again more lies.... some of this stuff, no map restrictions for example was definitely going to be in the next version already.

really? considering the way every dev was speaking about map restrictions, this is news to me. what was proposed as a solution to the problem of crap maps on the master-server then?
and btw harps, if you have an issue with me on a personal level; try speaking to me. any time i try to speak to you, you ignore me.

(26 May 15, 05:59PM)RKTnoob Wrote: This is not about why I don't like Undead, please stay on topic.
If he wants to know why I don't like him, he can always PM me.

(26 May 15, 05:59PM)RKTnoob Wrote: I would like that some people get away form Assault Cube forever, namely Undead, Giga, and some others to a less degree.

if it isn't about me, then why are you being purposefully inflammatory? oh wait, because you think the rules don't apply to you, because you aren't offending a developer.

(25 May 15, 11:39PM)Vanquish Wrote: If I can think of the thing that bores me the most when I play AC, it's that people only ever play the same 4-5 maps. In my opinion, developers also should not be afraid to remove certain maps from the official package too - however that's a less pressing matter.

well, the problem is that many maps just aren't enjoyable to play and have a host of problems associated with them. the good thing is, its possible to fix these problems and create decent maps out of thin air (see cavern).

with a bit of effort, i'm quite sure i could fix up most official maps to the same standard, but some maps may take a lot longer to fix than others. certain maps should be prioritized, like depot, shine, outpost, d3, urban(ESPECIALLY URBAN) etc.

i've made a few changes here: http://www.mediafire.com/download/75zb35...gz6/ac.rar

depot only really requires a change to the tunnels, of which i have a (very) rudimentary and controversial solution that would certainly require a bit of playtesting.

douze is just a few fixes to remove all of the bullcrap angles and spawns.

i've fixed the clutter, lighting, and some of the ridiculous angles on ingress to make it more playable.

of course, i could continue to make these changes, but i'm not sure whether such changes are desired entirely. i'm aware of the associated licensing issues as well, but they shouldn't be particularly difficult to resolve should they come up. certain maps that aren't in the official package could be worked to official standard, as well as the less played maps (like arabian, aqueous, iceroad(the rework has a heap of problems that nobody else seems to have identified besides me. i could fix it (properly this time) but it would be rather time consuming), etc)
Thanks given by:
(26 May 15, 08:54AM)Undead Wrote: - auto-patcher
yes
(26 May 15, 08:54AM)Undead Wrote: - master-server tabs
the master server should be an alternative if anything. You should be able to find games just from a website (3vs3, 1vs1, or other) and get matched vs appropriate opponents or start a game with your clan against another etc.

(26 May 15, 08:54AM)Undead Wrote: - map restriction removal
yes but once the server browser becomes useless nobody will care anyway

(26 May 15, 08:54AM)Undead Wrote: - structural encouragement of competitive play
cf. my prev suggestion
Thanks given by:
(27 May 15, 11:08AM)Luc@s Wrote: nice words

well then, with the previous obstacle removed, are there any obstacles preventing us from moving in this direction (aside from demotivation, i completely understand that)

i don't exactly know every detail of what you were(are?) planning on doing, but i would be very careful with assuming that the amount of people playing on the master-server will ever be less than the amount of people playing the competitive game, so it would be very naive to simply regard the quality of pub gameplay to be irrelevant.
Thanks given by:
"if i had left AC, some of your suggestions wouldn't have entered your head in the first place"
"because you think the rules don't apply to you, because you aren't offending a developer."

First, please stop acting like you know what I think/what happened to me/ how things affected me, because you don't. It's almost as bad as putting words in my mouth.

You didn't want to PM me, so okay, I'll tell you in public why I don't personally like you, and why those traits you exhibit are something that shouldn't be near the forums.
I find that you behave egoistic, self-serving, and hypocritical.
Egoistic: with you it's just me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me like a machine, if it's not you, it should be like you, everyone has to agree with you etc etc. I don't need to give examples, most of your posts are like this.
Self-serving: paraphrasing: "Make me dev/make me mod/ I know best/etc etc. Examples again are strewn across the forums for everyone to see.
Hypocritical: You behave like you are better than anyone else, just as the latest example "...because you think the rules don't apply to you..." And yet there I was playing on server the other day, and you joined...via ban evasion. When the admin confronted you about it you said something along the lines of I came here because I think your reason for baning me was not okay. There are more examples here on the forums too, but I don't care to list more of them, because I'm not here to convince anyone of anything, my perception of you, and my dislike for you are my personal views and opinions, and everyone should be free to have their own.

There is no point in discussing this anymore, I only mentioned you amongst other things on this thread because it was on topic, please don't get all riled up and hijack the thread. Take a chill pill, It's just my opinion of you, and I am entitled to my opinion. Everyone has an opinion, and my opinion is that the forums and the game would be better without you. If you disagree, you disagree, you're free to think whatever you like, as long as you don't try to force me to think the same as you.
Thanks given by:
"Please no shit posts"

Tbf undead i also thought i read somewhere that map restrictions would be removed again, not sure if 'definitely', but still, harps was right about that. Might have even been stef to post about removing map restrictions
Thanks given by:
(27 May 15, 11:29AM)RKTnoob Wrote: First, please stop acting like you know what I think

was i wrong? i don't think so. you didn't believe the rules applied to you, whether you realize that or not is another question.

(27 May 15, 11:29AM)RKTnoob Wrote: You didn't want to PM me, so okay

no, i just truely don't care about what you think of me. its up to you whether you care enough to resolve those differences or not.

(27 May 15, 11:29AM)RKTnoob Wrote: Egoistic: with you it's just me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me like a machine, if it's not you, it should be like you, everyone has to agree with you etc etc

would you care to provide a specific example? you do need to provide examples, because there is a legitimate case for arguing that i'm egotistical. what you're really trying to say is that i'm narcissistic, which i really am not.

(27 May 15, 11:29AM)RKTnoob Wrote: "Make me dev/make me mod/ I know best/

well, i do know alot.

(27 May 15, 11:29AM)RKTnoob Wrote: Hypocritical: You behave like you are better than anyone else

i don't understand this statement. would like to better elaborate as to how i believe i am better than anyone else? i simply believe that i have a more cogent understanding of AC than most other people. am i wrong in believing that?

(27 May 15, 11:29AM)RKTnoob Wrote: And yet there I was playing on server the other day, and you joined...via ban evasion. When the admin confronted you about it you said something along the lines of I came here because I think your reason for baning me was not okay.

well, curiously enough, the admin who decided to ban me in that instance was reprimanded for their actions, and the admin apologized to me at a later date.

believe it or not, the admin actually can be wrong.

(27 May 15, 11:29AM)RKTnoob Wrote: There are more examples here on the forums too, but I don't care to list more of them, because I'm not here to convince anyone of anything

that is correct; you're here to protect your ego, not argue correctly.

(27 May 15, 11:29AM)RKTnoob Wrote: There is no point in discussing this anymore, I only mentioned you amongst other things on this thread because it was on topic, please don't get all riled up and hijack the thread. Take a chill pill, It's just my opinion of you, and I am entitled to my opinion.

i don't understand how you can tell anyone to take a chill pill after that riled up post.

(27 May 15, 11:29AM)RKTnoob Wrote: Everyone has an opinion

some worse than others; just because you have an opinion doesn't mean you don't have to back up your arguments.

(27 May 15, 11:29AM)RKTnoob Wrote: as long as you don't try to force me to think the same as you.

i'm not trying to do that, i'm trying to show everyone that you're being really stupid and unnecessarily negative right now. here is the reality of the situation: you don't dislike me for any specific character traits, because halo exhibits those same traits; you dislike me because you've developed a disdain for me over time for purely emotional reasons, whatever those reasons may be i'm not particularly concerned. you're being ridiculous lol.
Thanks given by:
(27 May 15, 12:06PM)RKTnoob Wrote: XD, anyone with half a brain is laughing at your post.
Anyone with half a brain barely read any of that exchange. Nobody cares.

I'd be surprised if the devs mentioned anything about removing map restrictions, they've been defending it since its inclusion in AC.
Thanks given by:
I can confirm to you 100%, if Stef doesn't post here to say it himself. There was to be no mapping restrictions in the next version.

The devs you are speaking of are long gone, Stef had come back at the beginning of his recent tenure and decided a change of pace and approach was needed. Mapping restrictions were set to be one of them. Always knew more people did not understand this though really, so I can see why you think that. There has been a lot of confusion as to what the recent development of the game was, this was not helped by the constant attacks towards stef and gren and the abrasiveness shown on both sides, in the least.
Thanks given by:
What about to have a search and destroy mode? I think that should be cool
Thanks given by:
This is exactly what I don't want, but the world still turns

EDIT: Not you quico , just the  argumentative shit that gets nowhere, and makes it IMPOSSIBLE to go somewhere

Thanks given by:
(27 May 15, 02:37PM)quico Wrote: What about to have a search and destroy mode? I think that should be cool

So like a TSURV (team survival) but with an objective?  I kinda like that idea, but at that point we'd probably add a demolition type mode and then we'd just be copying every other fps. I think just the normal (but not often played) TSURV mode is just fine. 

But then again, maybe being more like other newer FPS games would help grow our player base. Who knows?
Thanks given by:
lucas has there been any groundwork for a website / matchmaking type organization?
Thanks given by: Orynge
(27 May 15, 11:19AM)Undead Wrote: well then, with the previous obstacle removed, are there any obstacles preventing us from moving in this direction (aside from demotivation, i completely understand that)
the obstacle is the community, as you could have realized when we released the match client.

(27 May 15, 11:19AM)Undead Wrote: i don't exactly know every detail of what you were(are?) planning on doing, but i would be very careful with assuming that the amount of people playing on the master-server will ever be less than the amount of people playing the competitive game, so it would be very naive to simply regard the quality of pub gameplay to be irrelevant.
Its a possibility; but i dont really care, as long as people end up on custom servers, knowing what they are doing (because they are looking for something in particular).
Thanks given by:
(26 May 15, 09:46AM)DamDam Wrote: - a developing team that actively asks for community help, feedback and ideas on how to improve their gaming experience

in other words : "my opinion is, that you should ask for my opinion more often"
Thanks given by:
(27 May 15, 02:37PM)quico Wrote: What about to have a search and destroy mode? I think that should be cool

Something like Urban Terror bomb mode would be cool :)
Thanks given by:
What ever happened with the base capture mode? Would be up for testing it if needed.
Thanks given by:
(27 May 15, 06:29PM)Oracle Wrote: What ever happened with the base capture mode?  Would be up for testing it if needed.

I don't think we have the maps
Thanks given by:
I'm agree with MathiasB, I think that a bomb mode ( search and destroy)should be awesome. That mode gets a lot of people in the games where this mode is played.
Thanks given by:
*Cough* gets move to the cube 2 engine *Cough*
Thanks given by:
I think it would be awesome, I'm serious. I played other games and that mode is one of the modes that is most played, It will get more people, but as long as I don't know how to code, I don't know if the devs could do that.
Thanks given by:
I'd like to see some people actually get punished for their actions. Less trolls who run off half the community and the dev team. Less people who continue to break rules (i.e impersonating, insulting, and douchbagery just to name a few) and act like they are God's gift to AC for doing so. The public image to a new person could be ruined by such terrible characters. There are lesser known people who have been punished for such behavior, why can't a known person? Be nice to not have a poison in the community that bothers everyone so much that they would rather not play just to not deal with them. Notice the non-name dropping here. My bet is that the guilty person(s) speak up for themselves.
Thanks given by: