About the devs
I've noticed, as I read the AC forums, there are people constantly railing on the AC devs about this or that. Calling them names (lazy, etc.). I'm tired of it. It is inappropriate and disrespectful of the people who work hard to keep AC running. So lay off. If you have a bad opinion of the devs, keep it to yourself.

So please, stop the dev bashing. I'm not (I hope) the only person who feels this way. If I am, something is wrong.

Thanks,
PhaNtom
Thanks given by:
It's nice of you to bring this up :), and rest assured this has already been brought up in a more...productive atmosphere.

I'm glad you feel this way though :).
Thanks given by:
Well, this community has moderators ...
In addition, other forum members can give their opinion in favor or against it.
Developers can reply or not any comment.
I think your opinion Phantom is equal to of anyone ... including mine.
We all have opinions.
The question is not what they are doing, but because they're doing.
I believe it is indisputable that this version of the game was the worst ever was made.
Maybe it's a fear that the next version be worse!
Not sure ...
Analyze the reason behind the discontent ...
I have a way of thinking ... if the community needs to return the DEVS, it must seek it using whatever it takes!
If the game does not belong to the community ... The DEVS and MODS should stop pretending that the game belongs to the players!
Stop pretending that the game is done with the help of the community ....
PS: Testing maps and modifications with CLANS is corporatism.
Generally the leaders of clans flatter the DEVS. I saw it too.
but it is just another opinion .. worth as much as yours...
Thanks given by:
(02 Feb 13, 08:25PM)1Cap Wrote: If the game does not belong to the community ... The DEVS and MODS should stop pretending that the game belongs to the players!
Stop pretending that the game is done with the help of the community ....

Its stuff like this that needs to stop. Nothing but uninformed jargon. The community plays a bigger role in the development of this game now more than ever. Stop this nonsense.
Thanks given by:
I guess we are feeling this way since we haven't gotten a new release in 2 years..
Thanks given by:
Quote:Its stuff like this that needs to stop. nonsense.
Do not misunderstand me. I did not make a statement.
I think this may be a possibility that some members of the community feel.
Take the exemblo vote on maps ... what a strange thing ... they took the names of those who voted on each map ... that during the vote .. ... legitimate threads were closed ...exemple
Where are the threads that DEVS exchange information with the community?
I'm talking about the DEVS not about parallel programmers ...
(02 Feb 13, 08:33PM)ChO Wrote: I guess we are feeling this way since we haven't gotten a new release in 2 years..
Yes, this may be a reason. Another may be moderating the forum .. but talking about it can be positive.
It is not enough just to say: Stop it! Do not say that! 0.93 again!
Thanks given by:
Show examples of bashing without reason.
Thanks given by:
I would, but I don't know how to quote another thread.
Thanks given by:
(02 Feb 13, 08:48PM)1Cap Wrote: Where are the threads that DEVS exchange information with the community?

kthen:

http://forum.cubers.net/forum-8.html
http://forum.cubers.net/forum-29.html (this entire forum was specifically made quite recently to allow for more/improved collaboration between the devs and the players who actually want to help; ...tell me more about how the community has no say in the development process please...)

If we're not just talking forum threads, then:

http://sourceforge.net/p/actiongame/feature-requests/
http://sourceforge.net/p/actiongame/patches/
http://wiki.cubers.net/

And of course the changelog which was made to inform players of what changes have been made since the last version: http://sourceforge.net/p/actiongame/code...ngelog.txt

And whats stopping anyone from joining #assaultcube on quakenet IRC and talking with us there?
Thanks given by:
(02 Feb 13, 08:51PM)Nightmare Wrote: Show examples of bashing without reason.
Some of your posts, your friend Paul's, Edward's, 1Cap's, and even Xenon's admitted that he and some of his guys have been on the devs' case till recently (see Bukz' link to the proving ground, and my thread, very similar to PhaNtom's).

Problem?

The posts you guys (and more, cba to find them all) make does little to nothing good, just ticks people off more and ruins the morale. GG.
Thanks given by:
Damn my parallel universe SUCKS. Communication is always here though. Where was I again........ J/K :)
Thanks given by:
This forum is full of tension and bad blood and its just an unpleasant place to be in.
I know why i know how to fix it. But who cares really?

Just my opinion.
Thanks given by:
(02 Feb 13, 09:13PM)|HP| Wrote: This forum is full of tension and bad blood and its just an unpleasant place to be in.

Just my opinion.
If I understood the second sentence correctly, I'm curious to hear you elaborate on your "solution".
Thanks given by:
(02 Feb 13, 09:16PM)ShadowFlameZ Wrote:
(02 Feb 13, 09:13PM)|HP| Wrote: This forum is full of tension and bad blood and its just an unpleasant place to be in.

Just my opinion.
If I understood the second sentence correctly, I'm curious to hear you elaborate on your "solution".

Wouldnt you like to know. I quit being the "Sisyphus" of this forum.
I learned my lessons. Edward and every other person that has a spine and their own opinion should do the same.
Thanks given by:
Thanks for your interest:
http://forum.cubers.net/forum-29.htmllink
--You do not have permission to access this page. This could be because of one of the following reasons:
Your account has either been suspended or you have been banned from accessing this resource.
You do not have permission to access this page. Are you trying to access administrative pages or a resource that you shouldn't be? Check in the forum rules that you are allowed to perform this action.
Your account may still be awaiting activation or moderation. (Resend Activation Code)
You have accessed this page directly rather than using appropriate forms or link. -- Big LOL

"If were not just talking forum threads, then:"
That's about the forum.
Documentation does not count. This is required in game development.

http://forum.cubers.net/forum-8.html
In short, looked like this:
"Thanks a lot for all the patience you got! Thanks as well go out to my fellow colleagues from the dev team! I hope you enjoy it as much as we do! ;-)"
The community was invited to find bugs in the game. Some small details. That's what I call want to spend the idea that the community really helps to create the game.
A lot of this topics:
Welcome to the team Ronald_, Bukz .. etc ...
And!!! hehehehe
"" "Helmet pickup sound?" "" Are you enjoying us right?
Thanks given by:
@1cap: Theres a pretty good reason you don't have access to that forum. That is because, you'd rather put your efforts towards destructive criticism of everything the devs do, whereas we want people who can forget about their personal feelings towards us and help us out, for the sake of improving the game.

P.S. I didn't link to any documentation. ;)
Thanks given by:
^^ Where do I go so I can help too?
Thanks given by:
(02 Feb 13, 09:24PM)PhaNtom Wrote: ^^ Where do I go so I can help too?
Most of the PG people have been actively involved in this community for at least a year or so. You mean well though.
Thanks given by:
So I must be in the community for a year before I can help?

P.S. PG = ?
Thanks given by:
(02 Feb 13, 09:23PM)Bukz Wrote: @1ca ood reason you don't have access to that forum. That is because, you'd rather putsake of improving the game.
We're not talking about me. Also I think the game loses a lot without the opinion of people with ideas contrary to the current DEVS.
But please, continue. You being an excellent public relations (PR)

But you still did not understand. Do not talk about something that is happening or not.
I speak of how people may feel about it.
Thanks given by:
(02 Feb 13, 09:28PM)PhaNtom Wrote: So I must be in the community for a year before I can help?

P.S. PG = ?

PG = Proving Grounds and you don't necessarily have to be around for a year, but just active and helpful. Become recognized and one day I suppose it will just happen, but over time too.
Thanks given by:
ok, thanks ^^
Thanks given by:
(02 Feb 13, 09:28PM)PhaNtom Wrote: So I must be in the community for a year before I can help?

P.S. PG = ?

Absolutely not. People who genuinely want to help and can collaborate with others in a friendly way are always welcome. I'll see about getting you access to the PG (proving grounds).

(02 Feb 13, 09:29PM)1Cap Wrote: Also I think the game loses a lot without the opinion of people with ideas contrary to the current DEVS.

If they are too lazy to post here (or to try and contact us some other way) its not exactly our fault. :)

And I never claimed to be a good PR guy. In reality I'm quite a dick.
Thanks given by:
(02 Feb 13, 09:30PM)PhaNtom Wrote: ok, thanks ^^
LOL
Mission accomplished?
Think positive always.
Good luck.
Thanks given by:
(02 Feb 13, 09:32PM)Bukz Wrote:

P.S. PG = ?

Absolutely not. People who genuinely want to help and can collaborate with others in a friendly way are always welcome. I'll see about getting you access to the PG (proving grounds).

o.O Thanks a lot

(02 Feb 13, 09:32PM)Bukz Wrote: And I never claimed to be a good PR guy. In reality I'm quite a dick.

Bashing yourself? You aren't a dick.
Thanks given by:
(02 Feb 13, 09:10PM)ShadowFlameZ Wrote:
(02 Feb 13, 08:51PM)Nightmare Wrote: Show examples of bashing without reason.
*No direct examples*

Serious examples please. Actual quotes, and proof that a dev didn't piss them off beforehand. That's what I mean.
Both sides need to get over it and stop creating drama. Fortunately hard workers like aerkefiende, xenon, etc are hard at work for making the game progress. Thank you aerke, xenon, tempesttttt...etc.
Thanks given by:
(02 Feb 13, 09:32PM)Bukz Wrote:
(02 Feb 13, 09:29PM)1Cap Wrote: Also I think the game loses a lot without the opinion of people with ideas contrary to the current DEVS.

If they are too lazy to post here (or to try and contact us some other way) its not exactly our fault. :)

hmm, Ideas are largely ignored. Like the last one:
Why should I post there if those ideas are not even considered?

(Just asking, I'm not against the devs)
Thanks given by:
@Nightmare, you mean to tell me the dev team/RK provoked you somehow and thats why this post of yours is so inflammatory? Do elaborate.

Yes its fortunate there are people still willing to work on this game, but I'd bet progress would be a lot faster if some of the hate was toned down.

@Jpablon, what makes you think his idea was ignored? Just because it hasn't been implemented yet? Its not exactly a simple code change...
Thanks given by:
(02 Feb 13, 09:51PM)Nightmare Wrote: Both sides need to get over it and stop creating drama.
I'm sorry, what?
You, one of the few who, although claiming to have been provoked beforehand, nevertheless constantly tries to get revenge by taking jabs at the devs (such as RK), are saying to "tone it down."
Practice what you preach?
Thanks given by:
(02 Feb 13, 10:21PM)Bukz Wrote: @Nightmare, you mean to tell me the dev team/RK provoked you somehow and thats why this post of yours is so inflammatory? Do elaborate.

Yes, this is actually what caused me to write this post. Although I wasn't pleased with the attitude toward devs in other posts as well.
Thanks given by: