Assault cube mod by GsF
There is a known issue with this iirc. I won't disclose how to do this, but I believe it is considered cheating to intentionally be able to shoot through pickups and not have fences and such.
Thanks given by:
Yes waffles, thats what I was trying to get at.
Thanks given by:
good job; need to change a few details but this very good mod
Thanks given by:
(30 Sep 12, 10:50PM)Brutal System Wrote: I tested your mod, and I soon realized something very unusual, you can shoot for all pickups, and it considered cheating.
If you can change it with a single line without touch the source and recompile, still it being cheating?. Do you know what is the function of mdlscale?
I recognize that I should not have changed that, but I dont gave importance.

(01 Oct 12, 03:29AM)Felix-The-Ghost Wrote: Flyspeed = hacks if no one else has it yet :/
You can spectate after death or in spectate mod with teamspeak and become a recon drone.
You are too drastic.

(02 Oct 12, 02:56AM)Ronald_Reagan Wrote: I was only talking about the flyspeed.

About transparent pickups, I'd do the whole full disclosure thing on private matches and be willing to switch to a normal client. On pubs, I doubt it makes a big enough difference. However that is only my opinion.

Also, make sure that fence exists in the mod version of the client.

Jpablon, can you tell us about your missing fence?
What fence? I don't see it.
There is nothing more to say about the shots through the pickups. You should be able to do it, I really don't see where is the problem.
Pickups should not affect the gameplay in that way, are not a real part of the map.

I already fix the fence issue.
[Image: 20121002_13.17.48_ac_desert3_CTF.jpg]

[Image: 20121002_13.26.24_ac_power_CTF.jpg]

(02 Oct 12, 11:48AM)Striker Wrote: Yes waffles, thats what I was trying to get at.
why I'm not reported yet?
I made this mod public because some players shared it with everybody, it was a disadvantage for those that don't have it.
Thanks given by:
(02 Oct 12, 03:39PM)Jpablon Wrote:
(02 Oct 12, 11:48AM)Striker Wrote: Yes waffles, thats what I was trying to get at.
why I'm not reported yet?
I made this mod public because some players shared it with everybody, it was a disadvantage for those that don't have it.

Because I could care less.
Thanks given by:
Being able to shoot through ammo is definitely a major advantage and cannot be described as not cheating. Even if you believe that the game should allow it, not everyone else has it. Also note one of the pickups in tunnels in ac_outpost is a good source of cover so this isn't a trivial matter.

Fly speed is a borderline case. When I coded the ACWC client I made sure to check with jamz that my changes would be considered fair to everyone. Personally I think such a change may be a cheat.

I currently play on a modded ACWC client that allows free-spectating like regular clients. When I first went to remove the limit on ghosting once one is dead, I introduced a bug where one instantly free-spectates on death (as opposed to having to wait about a second). But I fixed this quickly because I considered it borderline cheating to have a second or so advantage over others.
Thanks given by:
Half of my match mode gameplan is hiding behind ammoboxes. :(

Seriously though, I have won a few firefights by pick-up protection, then jumping out of crouch mode and keeling them.
Thanks given by:
(02 Oct 12, 02:56AM)Ronald_Reagan Wrote: Jpablon, can you tell us about your missing fence?
What fence? I don't see it.
Hahahahahaha that's rich.

(01 Oct 12, 03:29AM)Felix-The-Ghost Wrote: Flyspeed = hacks if no one else has it yet :/
You can spectate after death or in spectate mod with teamspeak and become a recon drone.
You are too drastic.
Or maybe you are too moderate? The fact that you include this feature is kinda weird - however, Felix, you could be a "recon drone" with TS without this feature as well.

(02 Oct 12, 03:39PM)Jpablon Wrote: There is nothing more to say about the shots through the pickups. You should be able to do it, I really don't see where is the problem.
Pickups should not affect the gameplay in that way, are not a real part of the map.
I disagree. Pickups are an essential part of each map. As larry said, this one affects gameplay to a greater degree than the flyspeed thing, and, regardless of how small you may see it as, it's still an advantage for those with this client...
Thanks given by:
The fact that Pablo made his mod available for all shows to me that he means well. I know him, he's smart dude, he wouldn't knowingly post a illegal mod here. But the pickup and Fly speed issues are problematic and they should be fixed in order to make this mod legit. So my advice to you Pablo is: make the sugested changes in your mod and talk to your mates to adopt the new version (and post it here for everyone that download it). Caus other than these few problems it's pretty decent work.
For some of you here, there is a very wise saying in Brazil that suits this case well: Lets not create a storm in a glass of water (or a storm in a teacup, for the english crowd)
Thanks given by:
I feel ya crema. The reason there isn't a mac release already is because jpablon first raged at ronald for doing it incorrectly (problems with map packaging which occur in the default client). Then I was a bit too lazy to do it myself (sorry jpablon). However, if the people trying to help get insulted (ronald is called out in the readme I received) then chances are it's not going well.
Thanks given by:
I didn't know you could hide behind the pick-ups :-(

oh...bTW, There are ways and ways of saying things (I always say the same stuff). You could have said "shooting through pick-ups is a clear advantage" (as some of you said ;-) ) instead of almost calling jpablon cheater by saying his modification "is hack" (as some of you tried to say :-().
Thanks given by:
You can't shoot through ammo, atleast on my client I can't shoot through anything. When the pickup has been taken i can shoot through it but while it's there I can't.
Thanks given by:
Lets make a changelog for him.

Changelog for next version:

Add your quote or make another bullet point for what you think is CRUCIAL to be added/fixed/removed to/from the client.
Thanks given by:
I didn't care. Still kind of don't.... but I did shoot at a GsF dude camping out behind a vest. I hit the vest, he shot back at me through the vest and got me (once). I still killed him, cause he sucks... but I would have rather not had to track down health afterwards. In this ONE instance since I have known about this client, I noticed it giving (somewhat) of an advantage to the client user.
(02 Oct 12, 03:39PM)Jpablon Wrote: I made this mod public because some players shared it with everybody, it was a disadvantage for those that don't have it.
I think just because it is made available to everyone, doesn't make it right. I think this client should not be used in any public servers by anyone, unless it is used by everyone. Despite the rather small advantage it offers, it still offers one nonetheless. It's slightly unfair to people who don't use or don't know HOW to use a custom client... or even those like me that don't WANT to use it. Hack clients with aimbot and such are likely publicly available, but still taboo, as I think this client should be until the balance is restored by fixing OR embellishing on this "bug" by adding it to the normal release. Not a huge deal, but still an issue IMHO.
Thanks given by:
Flyspeed is in the the next version, so it probably shouldn't be classified as cheating. Shooting through pickups, on the other hand, should be. I've won and lost firefights because of pickups. Can flags be shot through as well?
Thanks given by:
(04 Oct 12, 04:42AM)Orynge Wrote: Can flags be shot through as well?
In this game flags are considered pickups. Can't answer whether they can be shot through though, I haven't tried out the client.
Thanks given by:
(04 Oct 12, 04:42AM)Orynge Wrote: Flyspeed is in the the next version, so it probably shouldn't be classified as cheating.
Yes, but if it's an advantage that only users of this client get, then it's unfair. Whether it has been implemented in the next version or not is irrelevant.
Thanks given by:
I've already had one concerned PM about this. Shooting through pickups is cheating. This isn't even a bug exploit; it's a coded cheat that gets around a restriction of the official client, regardless of whether that restriction is sensible.

I'm going to assume that all of GsF clan know that this client has a cheat coded into it, and that they've disabled it. I'll also assume that anyone who's posted in this thread knows about this cheat and has disabled it too. That way, if someone posts in the blacklist thread about a player shooting through pickups, I'll know which players should have known better...
Thanks given by:
Thought for the day: Do not invent other ac_client
Thanks given by:
(04 Oct 12, 05:30PM)NaNuy Wrote: Thought for the day: Do not invent other ac_client

There good reasons for having a custom client young sir. Example being SKB's client with the pretty translucent menus and the ability to see guns in demos ;-)
Thanks given by:
License
=======

The AssaultCube source code is mainly based on the cube game/engine and uses the
same license (z-lib like). See README_CUBEENGINE.txt
In addition AssaultCube contains code from pCube (Cube pro mod) and Sauerbraten (Cube successor)
and other sources.

AssaultCube Authors
==================

Adrian 'driAn' Henke            drian at sprintf.org
Andrew 'Arghvark' Davis            arghvark at gmail.com
Lee 'Eihrul' Salzman            
stef

Cube Engine Authors
===================

Wouter 'Aardappel' van Oortmerssen, Lee 'Eihrul' Salzman and others.
See README_CUBEENGINE.txt and
http://www.cubeengine.com

pCube Authors
=============

Adrian 'driAn' Henke and others.
http://p.cubers.net

Sauerbraten Authors
===================

Wouter 'Aardappel' van Oortmerssen, Lee 'Eihrul' Salzman, Mike 'Gilt' Dysart and others.
http://www.sauerbraten.org

Cheat Protection
================

The cheat protection described in README_CUBEENGINE.txt is not used in AssaultCube. Binaries
compiled from source are compatible with the official binaries. This means, the client can
easily be hacked, on the other hand, you can compile AssaultCube for different platforms and
fix bugs yourself.
You MUST NOT connect to servers that are not yours with a modified server-client that contains changes
that were not made for platform-compatibility or to fix bugs. This would be cheating. Thank you
for supporting fair play gaming.

Quote:Changes that were not made for platform-compatibility OR to fix bugs. This would be cheating.

Shooting or watching through SOLID things like : walls, mapmodels (missing mapmodels = obvious), pickups, flags, and so on

= cheating
Thanks given by:
Those that call me cheater should note that "By3" never made his mod available for the community.

(04 Oct 12, 12:16AM)Boomhauer Wrote: I think just because it is made available to everyone, doesn't make it right. I think this client should not be used in any public servers by anyone, unless it is used by everyone.
I agree, but the damage is done. btw there is not reason to insult me :)

(07 Oct 12, 10:20AM)fundog Wrote:
Quote:Changes that were not made for platform-compatibility OR to fix bugs. This would be cheating.

Shooting or watching through SOLID things like : walls, mapmodels (missing mapmodels = obvious), pickups, flags, and so on

= cheating
I have already admitted that was a bad idea, Why not just call me cheater bluntly?

Quote:Changes that were not made for platform-compatibility OR to fix bugs.
jamz answer me:
Can I fix the drop shots issue without become a cheater?

Waffles, I have not problems with Ronald, he is a nice guy. It was a prank, was not intended to offend him.
Thanks given by:
(07 Oct 12, 05:39PM)Jpablon Wrote: Those that call me cheater should note that "By3" never made his mod available for the community.
Irrelevant

(07 Oct 12, 05:39PM)Jpablon Wrote:
(04 Oct 12, 12:16AM)Boomhauer Wrote: I think just because it is made available to everyone, doesn't make it right. I think this client should not be used in any public servers by anyone, unless it is used by everyone.
I agree, but the damage is done. btw there is not reason to insult me :)
IDK WTF you are talking about. I didn't insult you.

(07 Oct 12, 10:20AM)fundog Wrote:

= cheating
I have already admitted that was a bad idea, Why not just call me cheater bluntly?
He was just being informative, not calling you anything.
But since you already think I have insulted you,
and already think you are being called a cheater...
And since nicely telling you that you're wrong in this situation doesn't work.... I will be the bad guy:
You are a fucking cheater.

Quote:Changes that were not made for platform-compatibility OR to fix bugs.
jamz answer me:
Again, Irrelevant.

Only someone who knows they have been caught would be so defensive. You publicly released a cheat client. Whether it was purposeful or not, I don't know. It doesn't really matter. It happened. Because you made your cheat public knowledge doesn't make it OK. I would suggest you attempt to make this right with the DEVs rather than attempting to argue your case.

Side Not: I think we should be able to shoot thru the flags. Everything else is arguable, but flags are fabric.... :-P
Thanks given by:
Thanks given by:
(03 Oct 12, 01:36AM)Waffles Wrote: I feel ya crema. The reason there isn't a mac release already is because jpablon first raged at ronald for doing it incorrectly (problems with map packaging which occur in the default client). Then I was a bit too lazy to do it myself (sorry jpablon). However, if the people trying to help get insulted (ronald is called out in the readme I received) then chances are it's not going well.

Wait what?
Thanks given by:
stop with dis hate. gsf just change this client to disable the unfair advantage and make sure your members update it so they don't see themselves in the blacklist thread in the near future. end
Thanks given by:
(08 Oct 12, 12:27AM)#M|A#Wolf Wrote: stop with dis hate. gsf just change this client to disable the unfair advantage and make sure your members update it so they don't see themselves in the blacklist thread in the near future. end
Indeed. At least we should propose a solution instead of simply tearing him down.
[/thread]
(At least, until the client is updated :3)
Thanks given by:
(08 Oct 12, 12:31AM)ShadowFlameZ Wrote: [/thread]
(At least, until the client is updated :3)

He can't update the first post if the thread is closed nub :P
Thanks given by:
True.
However, he can let a mod know to reopen the thread, then he can edit it, rather than let this thread sit idle until he returns ;).
Nub :P.
Thanks given by:
(07 Oct 12, 05:39PM)Jpablon Wrote: jamz answer me:
IMO, yes, although I don't think everyone will agree with me on this.
Dropped shots are a bug; this has been acknowledged. Further to that, the information is available on these forums as to how to minimise them, and, I believe, a default client with vsync on, will suffer almost no dropped shots. Could someone please correct me if I'm wrong about this.
Thanks given by: