Artists that sound like...
I'm trying to expand my musical tastes, and I am wondering what artists sound like Deadmau5, and also OceanLab. I'm very new to trance/techno or what ever you would call these artists, so they are the only ones I know. I have only heard 1 song from Deadmau5; Strobe, and I am wondering if someone could also tell me what some of his best tracks are?
Thanks given by:
Pendulum is a good one, all albums..very nice when your stoned. Some of my fav tracks are Through the Loop, Tarantula, Immunize (feat Liam Howlett). But all of em are fucking good, I suggest you download there albums..or search on youtube.
Thanks given by:
Some hits of deadmau5 :
2009 - Ghost 'N Stuff
2010 - Some Chords
2010 - Animal Rights (new)
Thanks given by:
I would suggest Prodigy. I'm not big fan of techno or electronic music at all but Prodigy is good.
Thanks given by:
I like psychedelic trance.

These are one of my favourite artists in the genre:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AsjbfWu8w...re=related

So dreamy and relaxing :)
Thanks given by:
"im trying to expand my musical tastes" "do you know any bands which sound like music i listen to"

wat

but ye prodigys cool
Thanks given by:
(20 Sep 10, 07:13PM)PolarHedgehog Wrote: "im trying to expand my musical tastes" "do you know any bands which sound like music i listen to"

wat

but ye prodigys cool

What I mean is I only knew them two artists, I wanted to know more. I don't consider myself into techno/trance when I only know about 3 songs, but I want to get into it.
Thanks given by:
crystal castles is fairly good.
Thanks given by:
Artists that I listen to who have a similar feel to Deadmau5 or Oceanlab:

Tiësto
Paul Oakenfold
Paul Van Dyk
John Digweed (plays music on loading)
Marco V
Armin Van Burren
Beats Antique
Teawood Fighters
Sander Van Doorn
Gareth Emery
Sied Van Riel
Ferry Corsten (plays music on loading)
Marcus Schössow
Union Jack
Richard Durand

And I love Deadmau5 and Oceanlab. Great choice in music, mate.
Thanks given by:
makke, that song just makes me zone out into another world where everything is relaxed and care-free :) I'll get more from Vibrasphere right now :D
Thanks given by:
Just curious, why did you pick that nickname, Quorthon? I used to think you're a Bathory fan, but now I am not that sure anymore. :P
Thanks given by:
(24 Sep 10, 12:02PM)Mr.Floppy Wrote: Just curious, why did you pick that nickname, Quorthon? I used to think you're a Bathory fan, but now I am not that sure anymore. :P

... For me example, I like metal, even little bit black metal and I like electronic music too. You can like many kinds of music you know.
Thanks given by:
Yes, of course. Though I stick to "man-made music", I hear a lot of various music myself. It's only because he actually took on a name from a particular musician. :)
Thanks given by:
(24 Sep 10, 12:02PM)Mr.Floppy Wrote: Just curious, why did you pick that nickname, Quorthon? I used to think you're a Bathory fan, but now I am not that sure anymore. :P

Yeah I like to listen to some Bathory but it was more that I liked the name than the band :)
Thanks given by:
Hehe, ok I see. :D
Thanks given by:
Btw, if you REALLY wanna expand your musical taste, start hanging around lastfm.com. It's a very cool site where you can find lots of new bands and people! Here is my profile: http://www.lastfm.com.br/user/TiagoArnaldo
Thanks given by: