Area 68 (ac_68)
Hello AC community

I've built this map in the past few months, hope you all like it! Feel free to give feedback ^^

Download: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ZX7i6YA...sp=sharing
Thanks given by: YesWeCamp
Interesting cube style map. I have five recommendations for you next effort, provided you want to make a map a bit more in the style of the game:
1. The (green) lights are a bit too dramatic for AC style
2. Line of sight on the right path is very long, your lay out is funny, but could be a bit more compact and room-to-room style to fit AC's playing style.
3. Texturing is a bit too much cube style. AC has a somewhat more realistic and less futuristic style
4. You could provide some more cover in rooms
5. You could try to add some more details to walls and ceilings.
Hope this helps. Also want to add some positives: You added some interesting gameplay aspects and paths are usually wide enough. Pickups are fine and you tried to give rooms a distinct look. I think your technical understanding is already quite good. You used different mapping mechanics to shape the rooms like solids, halfs and slopes. Though be aware that half cubes can block you (try running close to those walls with the black wood texture) I'm looking forward to your next map.
Thanks given by: Toriality
Hey thanks for the feedback, Camp. I'll keep in mind those tips when I start a new map project on AC.

Quote:1. The (green) lights are a bit too dramatic for AC style

It was proposital, I was trying to make a unique look to the map, at first I thought giving it a red colour but it would be too dark. Any suggestions on which colour should've been used?

Quote:2. Line of sight on the right path is very long, your lay out is funny, but could be a bit more compact and room-to-room style to fit AC's playing style.

That's true, the right path and the room near to the RVSF base wasn't well worked, so theres a lot of empty space, I was on a rush to start working on the lightings and entities when I started building that part of the map.
Thanks given by:
I wouldn't use the bright colours. Only if it's a very small lightsource, like an alarm. Also the lights are conflicting, the white and green light in some rooms.You also didn't add the lights to the lightsource, but in the middle, which makes it look like the lights aren't turned on.
Here's some green that is something like 110 145 85. Gives it a more realistic look and plays better. Could look like this. On the minimap it still shows a green area, so you can use it to define areas.
[Image: img.jpg]
Am i the only one without a skymap?
I think you'd want to change loadsky "textures\skymaps\makke\sand" into loadsky "textures/skymaps/makke/sand" in the .cfg
(10 Jun 21, 09:36AM)YesWeCamp Wrote: I wouldn't use the bright colours. Only if it's a very small lightsource, like an alarm. Also the lights are conflicting, the white and green light in some rooms.You also didn't add the lights to the lightsource, but in the middle, which makes it look like the lights aren't turned on.
Here's some green that is something like 110 145 85. Gives it a more realistic look and plays better. Could look like this. On the minimap it still shows a green area, so you can use it to define areas.
[Image: img.jpg]

Awesome!

(10 Jun 21, 02:53PM)Medusa Wrote: Am i the only one without a skymap?
I think you'd want to change loadsky "textures\skymaps\makke\sand" into loadsky "textures/skymaps/makke/sand" in the .cfg

Thanks for noticing it. I've updated the download files with the proper cfg file and changed the lights as YWC suggested :)
Thanks given by: