Can't shoot when scoped in
Shoot key: left mouse
Scope key: alt
I can't shoot with my sniper when I'm scoped in. But setting my shoot key to X, it works. Scoping with /altaction and shooting works. I even reset my binds and set them to the following, but still not working:
Forwards:                W
Left:                    A
Backwards:               S
Right:                   D
Attack:             MOUSE1
Special:              LALT
Jump:               MOUSE2
Crouch:             LSHIFT
Reload:                  R
Weapon menu:             B
Next weapon:          DOWN
Prev weapon:            UP
Show scores:             ?
Chat:                    T
Team chat:               Y
Commandline:             L
Console out:             C
Screenshot:            F12
Map overview:        LCTRL
Drop CTF flag:   BACKSPACE
Fullscreen:              ?
Tell me if I need to tell more about my hardware/software.
Thanks given by:
(18 Feb 18, 05:18PM)gtrx Wrote: "..."

I'm not sure, But I think it's because you can't 'hold' the alt button like you can the right mouse button. If you do hold the x, it just repeats the key stroke over and over. I'm pretty sure since 'alt' is just a modifier key it won't work the same way, since it's more for a single press in games, and used in combination with other keys in the OS. It may be possible to script it, but I wouldn't know where to begin
Thanks given by:
(18 Feb 18, 10:01PM)Boomhauer Wrote:

I'm not sure, But I think it's because you can't 'hold' the alt button like you can the right mouse button. If you do hold the x, it just repeats the key stroke over and over. I'm pretty sure since 'alt' is just a modifier key it won't work the same way, since it's more for a single press in games, and used in combination with other keys in the OS. It may be possible to script it, but I wouldn't know where to begin

Depending on what he's looking for, you can script it so that when you press alt you scope. When you press it again, you unscope.
Thanks given by:
Can you shoot, if ALT isn't configured as scope and you press ALT anyway? Is the ALT key the problem or the scope function?

What OS are you using? Is ALT+LMOUSE configured as hotkey?
Thanks given by:

ALT+LMOUSE has worked before. Only stopped working very recently.
Thanks given by:
(19 Feb 18, 03:35PM)gtrx Wrote:

Maybe a recent Windows update made the combination a hotkey designation. Check your hotkeys in Windows and see, maybe?
If you are using Linux there are known issues with hotkeys involving ALT working in programs.

Edit*
I see from some of your other posts that you use Linux. I can only assume Ubuntu.
Found this for similar problems using programs like Maya in Ubuntu:

*Install Compiz Config Settings Manager (sudo apt-get install compizconfig-settings-manager) and open it.
*Once opened, search for a “Move Window” plugin. Select it, and disable or change the first option, “Initiate Window Move”.

And this if that doesn't work: (terminal command)
*dconf write /org/gnome/desktop/wm/preferences/mouse-button-modifier '"<SUPER>"'
Thanks given by:
(20 Feb 18, 02:25AM)Boomhauer Wrote:
(19 Feb 18, 03:35PM)gtrx Wrote:

Maybe a recent Windows update made the combination a hotkey designation. Check your hotkeys in Windows and see, maybe?
If you are using Linux there are known issues with hotkeys involving ALT working in programs.

Edit*
I see from some of your other posts that you use Linux. I can only assume Ubuntu.
Found this for similar problems using programs like Maya in Ubuntu:

*Install Compiz Config Settings Manager (sudo apt-get install compizconfig-settings-manager) and open it.
*Once opened, search for a “Move Window” plugin. Select it, and disable or change the first option, “Initiate Window Move”.

And this if that doesn't work: (terminal command)
*dconf write /org/gnome/desktop/wm/preferences/mouse-button-modifier '"<SUPER>"'

Neither one works even after restart. Didn't see any errors.
Thanks given by:
(20 Feb 18, 04:47PM)gtrx Wrote: Neither one works even after restart. Didn't see any errors.

There has to be a correlation with this not working in AC and it also not working in other programs. Maybe look at this thread where someone was having the same issue in Blender:

https://blenderartists.org/forum/showthr...ntu-SOLVED
Thanks given by:
(20 Feb 18, 07:31PM)Boomhauer Wrote:
(20 Feb 18, 04:47PM)gtrx Wrote: Neither one works even after restart. Didn't see any errors.

There has to be a correlation with this not working in AC and it also not working in other programs. Maybe look at this thread where someone was having the same issue in Blender:

https://blenderartists.org/forum/showthr...ntu-SOLVED

I'm using a different branch of Ubuntu called Lubuntu, so I think none of these work for that. Is there any other non-distro-specific way to edit keymaps? Maybe command line?
Thanks given by: