What program do I use
I've got some models I made in Blender that I'd like to add to AssaultCube. How do I convert them to a format AC can use, and how do I add them to the map editor? Documentation was sparing with information about this.
Thanks given by:
I believe there should be some kind of extension for blender to export md3 models

https://assault.cubers.net/docs/mapediting5.html#models
Thanks given by:
If the model isn't animated you can export it from Blender to OBJ and then import it to Misfit3D in Windows or mm3d in Linux.

If it is animated, then you'll have better luck using Misfit to make your models.

From Misfit you can export it as MD2 or MD3 which are the default supported model formats in AC.
Thanks given by:
(10 Oct 17, 12:24PM)Iguana Wrote: If the model isn't animated you can export it from Blender to OBJ and then import it to Misfit3D in Windows or mm3d in Linux.

If it is animated, then you'll have better luck using Misfit to make your models.

From Misfit you can export it as MD2 or MD3 which are the default supported model formats in AC.

Okay, I've got the new MD3 models, how do I add these to a map? The documentation for this game is crap and I haven't found anything online.
Thanks given by:
(09 Dec 17, 11:33PM)ZS/Horse Wrote: Okay, I've got the new MD3 models, how do I add these to a map? The documentation for this game is crap and I haven't found anything online.
This f***ing guy, lol. You have plenty to say negative about AC, but continue to ask people for help... like, in the same damn sentence :D
Thanks given by:
(10 Dec 17, 03:26AM)Boomhauer Wrote:
(09 Dec 17, 11:33PM)ZS/Horse Wrote: Okay, I've got the new MD3 models, how do I add these to a map? The documentation for this game is crap and I haven't found anything online.
This f***ing guy, lol. You have plenty to say negative about AC, but continue to ask people for help... like, in the same damn sentence :D

That's the way it is for most games, if you feel this way don't go on Bethesda.net. The documentation for the Creation engine is pretty much the same shit, almost useless info that's barely enough to get you by.
Thanks given by:
here is the link again https://assault.cubers.net/docs/mapediting5.html#models

I suggest you check out the .cfg files from other maps to see how you do it
Thanks given by: