New Forum Platform
I would like to start by saying thanks to X-Ray Dog for hosting the forum and that you can donate to the Assault Cube project. Donations contribute to the costs of hosting the Master Server, Website and Forum. 

In my opinion I think it is time to change Forum platform. There are a whole host of free usability benefits that are useful, including but not limited to:
  • Infinite / load-on-demand scrolling
  • Actually being usable on mobile devices. At the moment MyBB is less than pleasant.
  • Better composers
  • Far superior notification systems
I think that with a new version approaching and it being 7 whole years since our last platform upgrade, the time is now. Free, open source forum software has come leaps and bounds in the past few years. 

Take a look at:
What do you say, X-Ray_Dog?
Thanks given by: Mr.Floppy , 1Cap , Felix-The-Ghost
[quote="Harps" pid='172832' dateline='1498738873']

Cool.
i prefer Wordpress:

- is Free as in Freedom
- is Easy to Use and Learn
- is Extendable by Using Themes and Plugins (or doing easy code)
- is Search Engine Friendly ;)
- is Easy To Manage
- is Safe and Secure
- Can Handle Different Media Types

And plus BuddyPress:

Open source with active developers
Free
Interface highly customizable
Many Plugins
Monetization solutions (not only PayPal)
Based on WordPress
Can run on your own server
You own the social graph
No content censorship
Bright future

+

1. Owning Your Own Data - With sites like Delicio.us in danger of disappearing, owning your own data or that of your own social network becomes quite vital.
2. Secure - BuddyPress is built on WordPress, which is quite secure and teams of people are monitoring and improving it as a regular basis.
3. Quick To Setup - Installing and configuring BuddyPress can happen literally in minutes.
4. Used By Professionals - Check out buddypress.org for sites already using BuddyPress.

*Control your own destiny. Platform solutions are ultimately a dead end when building content and communities, as it is only a matter of time before your success reveals that you are now a "prisoner" in a gilded cage.
Thanks given by:
I'm going to PM you Harps and see what we can manage. In the mean time, I'm open to other forum software suggestions. Key aspects I'd like to see is the ease of forum use as far as managing users, regular security updates to their software, mobile platform is also a +1, and customize-ability such as with plugins and themes and all the nifty little sprinkles and crap.

Also to consider is that by moving, all users would have to re-register and it would be quite some work to rebuild what we have so it would have to be more than just myself wording the back admin stuff to move.

As far as wordpress, can't say I'd be a huge fan. I actually migrated my personal website to wordpress not too long ago (Shameless self advertising woot) and it's ok I guess.
Thanks given by:
I'd +1 discourse.
Thanks given by:
The current status of this issue is that we wait. That is, until Flarum gets to 1.0 stable - that seems to be a favourite. Also there are other issues, X-Ray_Dog has said that due to his schedule his cannot implement this at the moment, so we are short on man-power. This needs someone very proficient and trustworthy to transistion - many parties want to keep legacy forum threads this time around.
Thanks given by:
WORDPRESS - BBPress

There are 2 possibilities when choosing Wordpress (BBPress).

1) Compatibilize users and passwords between MyBB and Wordpress. This way it is possible to browse the current forum and create a new BBPress forum. Users will be able to access both forums. Older posts are viewed on MyBB (for search and viewing only) and new posts on BBPress.

2) Migrate all current forum for BBPress. There are already ways to do this from a semi-automatic handlebar. (Plugin). MyBB => BBPress (there are some limitations). More work but more professional :)

* What can not happen is that we lose the information of the current forum.
* The forum is a great legacy.
Thanks given by:
In the mean time, I did update the entirety of the AC website to use https

:D
Thanks given by: 1Cap , Marti
A new Forum with some cool design would be great!
Thanks given by:
(29 Jul 17, 06:28PM)X-Ray_Dog Wrote: In the mean time, I did update the entirety of the AC website to use https

:D

Thank you based xrd
Thanks given by:
XRD, can it/you do the thing where there's no plain HTTP mixed into HTTPS? You know, 'cause security.
Thanks given by:
SKB, can you do the thing where you make me all hot and bothered knowing TyD still roams the reaches of the AC-trix and that one day I will meet them in glory drenched battle atop a spire of the old pwnage servers with a heart thrust to bursting by the chance of meeting a real challenge?! In the meantime I do need some help with securing my forum posts...
Thanks given by:
I'm on the same level as players on pubs ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Thanks given by:
(30 Jul 17, 08:06PM)SKB Wrote: XRD, can it/you do the thing where there's no plain HTTP mixed into HTTPS? You know, 'cause security.

It's user avatars that are loading from non https locations. I could break all the prettys by enforcing https but it was more of a focus to protect login info and what not.
Thanks given by: