Hacks?
Is the player in this demo sole_survider hacking? https://www.mediafire.com/?6qh3ngn6z3i93xd

Some things I am suspicious about:
How he kept guessing the right way to turn after spawning and how quickly and precisely he would do it
How when I went to spec him that same round he didn't fire a shot and possibly let him self be killed
How sometimes his gun would click repeatedly after firing five shots instead of reloading (I don't know if this is just a 'normal' glitch)
How there was no time between him changing from his knife and firing his sniper (again, I don't know if this is just a 'normal' glitch)

Also is there any way of fastforwarding and rewinding demos?
Thanks given by:
(28 Aug 16, 09:07PM)Hellspell Wrote: Also is there any way of fastforwarding and rewinding demos?

/gamespeed 1000 for fast forward. 100 is default speed. No way of rewinding (edit: according to million I'm wrong, and I have wasted multiple hours while looking through demos)
Thanks given by: Hellspell
I watched the 5 first minutes, I didn't really see anything suspicious, he has a good ping, fov 120 and decent ping so he is able to kill quickly after respawn, and I don't know any hacks to predict the respawn.

You can use /setmr to jump to a specific mr and /rewind to go back from x sec in the demo.
Thanks given by: Hostaa
Hi Hellspell, that was me. Spawnkilling with a good ping is easy as Million said, and if you don't see someone immediately it's not too hard to figure out where people are given how small of a map douze is. I admit I was lucky a few times.

I spammed crouch and didn't do much the round you started spectating precisely for the reason I knew you would suspect me. Sorry if that was annoying.

Gun clicks like that instead of reloading if autoreloading is disabled, try `/autoreload 0`. It's useful for switching to knife or pistol after emptying a magazine.

Finally, you can start switching between weapons immediately after shooting with the last one. It's easier to do when using a keyboard bind (like default 1234) as opposed to mouse wheel.

Hope that clears this up.
Thanks given by: Million
(29 Aug 16, 10:25AM)Million Wrote: I watched the 5 first minutes, I didn't really see anything suspicious, he has a good ping, fov 120 and decent ping so he is able to kill quickly after respawn, and I don't know any hacks to predict the respawn.

You can use /setmr to jump to a specific mr and /rewind to go back from x sec in the demo.

I wasn't suggesting they could predict the spawns, my theory was that they may know where people are without being able to see them. If an aimbot can make you 180 to shoot someone who has just spawned then obviously this is possible. Knowing this the fact that they never look the wrong way and get killed in the whole game iirc is reason to be suspicious. Their are also occasions where the player has a enemy that is a larger target and a more imminent threat than the one nearby on the screen that they shoot at that would support my theory that some features of an aimbot may be being implemented. So would the snapping to yourmom at setmr 2 from outside sole_surviders fov when yourmom returns from lagging out.

Oh, and what about the shooting someone with a knife? Surely that is such an unambiguous incident that you could have touched on that in your comment despite it not being in the part of the demo you watched?

(30 Aug 16, 06:53PM)gy_be Wrote: Finally, you can start switching between weapons immediately after shooting with the last one. It's easier to do when using a keyboard bind (like default 1234) as opposed to mouse wheel.

What I meant was you shot someone while simultaneously beginning to change weapons which is something I can not replicate. This can be seen at /setmr 2 on the demo after you jump from down into the pit with the ladder leading out of it.

And what's with the snapping to yourmom and firing instantly at setmr 4 after that player returns from lagging out and wasn't even in your fov?
Thanks given by:
(30 Aug 16, 11:30PM)Hellspell Wrote: Oh, and what about the shooting someone with a knife?

I can't explain that either. I switched from knife to rifle and immediately shot. For some reason the demo shows these actions mixed up. Given that fire rate was appropriate and the shot consumed a bullet I think it's reasonable to consider it an AssaultCube issue, most likely related to lag, and not a manifestation of a hack.

Everything else, however, can be easily done by any player with decent map awareness. For example, at the end of the round starting at 3:50 remaining I saw that my opponent was not present in the area I anticipated him given his position before I lost vision of him, so, naturally, I snapped to the only spot in my line of sight where he could be.

If you have any other moments you are suspicious of, post or PM timestamps, including seconds, and I'll explain my reasoning to you.
Thanks given by: