today in ac.
I note that the game has progressed.

Meaning that there are new players and established players return on times el crema etc ,but as for the dev side of things i think we all hoped to much, myself included, I was annoyed at the fact that we were not getting a new version.

Which is a topic I want to bring up.

There can not be anymore devs on this game. It is what it is .
We all wanted more like cube 2 3 4 5
truth is have you ever played sauer lol
so from now on shall we just say AC is what it is. Also that the devs we have atm are not really devs but caretakers of the game.

I love this game fuck I spent enough on keeping peoples servers running etc. And I will always do what I do.

But lets face facts here

AC is what it is....... a brilliant game with an interactive atmosphere for those of us who appreciate it. I will not allow woop or for3v3r and his break away tribe to run the show without a fight as this is ours not theirs

thanks for me goes to all those who log on daily and play in pubs ......... YES

you will not get rid of me I am what I am. An AC Player who will stand up for the game.

Oh and by the way I expect the forum to respond to this... I want answers and questions. We need to get the forum up and running
Thanks given by: SrPER$IAN
Lets be realistic here, AC isn't going anywhere

The only way this game gains traction and people start playing it more is if:

- Textures and models are improved
- It is moved to cube 2
- It is put into steam greenlight
- Some of the mechanics are improved i.e hitboxes

The devs are not going to do any of that and you cannot blame them for it, it takes a lot of time and dedication to work on it. w00p isn't really doing much, other than actionfps which is a pretty nice site, but they are not really changing the game (at least from what I know) as for f0r3v3r he isn't working on anything, why would he? why would anyone? Its putting in hours of work for a toxic community which only complains.

The "new people" are just kids that have more free time as they got off school, and the established players are just people that are coming back for either the same reason or because of ACWC.

In the end this thread is pretty much pointless, no one is changing this game and no one is getting "rid of you". This game will go on as something that people with bad computers will play, competitive players will pretty much leave after ACWC because there is very little competition and again, the community is toxic af. People are getting better PCs and playing other games, as sad as it is that is the truth.

This game is going nowhere, best case scenario someone that has a lot of free time and skill will try to remake this game on a better engine, but as for Assaultcube nothing is going to change.
Thanks given by: SrPER$IAN , -Subjective
Talking about complaining toxic community, complains himself ggwp
Thanks given by:
(26 Jul 16, 07:24AM)Marti Wrote: Talking about complaining toxic community, complains himself ggwp

Wait so if I complain about a toxic community then I am toxic? That makes no sense.
Thanks given by:
I do not think that way. Nostalgia is always present. For example, yesterday I played a game called Karateka ... very old. I had to emulate.
My cousin loves playing "Sea Quest" in her Atary.
Well, we do not need millions of players. Just enough to have fun together.
I play AC a long time. During this time saw other games come up and die. But the AC still here.
We must continue banning cheaters, opining about new features, making friends and having fun together.
Maybe some new developer or even those who have been here think about to do more for the game ...
Perhaps now w00p Drakas Calderon, etc site is done... i have old client ;()
I do not like the idea of moving to CUBE2 ... This would generate another game and not AssaultCube.
The game is still very fun, very lucky who can still play.

* Ps. Play with your correct nicknames!what you guys are afraid of?
Thanks given by: SrPER$IAN , vector
AC used to have strong arguments, including Linux support, a huge variety of maps offering many different gameplays, running on all machines and a strong playerbase enjoying all this in its own way. Inovation has never been what this game's popularity was based on but it's what most people here are basing their hopes on. Instead of looking for forthcoming releases that might eventually change things, why don't we check backward and try to heal the wounds bad decisions caused?

I always hope to come back for a few games when I have the time, not knowing what the masterserver will offer to me yet I'm open to anything that'd make me remember some good times spent on this game, and all I find is a list of 4 half empty servers playing a shittier version of the old fun maps and a single server with always this same 10 "decent maps" maprot including ac_shine, ac_desert3, ac_gothic and other overplayed maps such as ac_village or ac_bank.

Is welcoming people who want to have fun with a 20x20 cubes version of Ezjemvill your plan?
Thanks given by: SrPER$IAN , vector
(26 Jul 16, 09:14AM)BaDMonkey Wrote:
(26 Jul 16, 07:24AM)Marti Wrote: Talking about complaining toxic community, complains himself ggwp

Wait so if I complain about a toxic community then I am toxic? That makes no sense.

'Community that only complains'

You complain yourself.

Quote by based DJ Khaled "congratulations, you played yourself"
Thanks given by: Vanquish , Mise" , vector
Well tbf he said community which "only" complains. And he complains about that. He has to complain to complain. He did it once. =He doesnt "only" complain.
Thanks given by:
(26 Jul 16, 01:38PM)Marti Wrote: 'Community that only complains'

You complain yourself.

Quote by based DJ Khaled "congratulations, you played yourself"

This still makes 0 sense, its like me saying "hey you talk too much", and then you respond with "well you are talking right now".
Thanks given by: Nemo
He was complaining in the lean hackusation thread as well. (And calling out grenadier as a pub player while i wouldnt consider himself 'pro' either, quite toxic if you ask me)

It is just ironic you talk about a complaining and toxic community when you are doing the exact same thing. And when confronted you pretend you dont understand. I find that funny

Oh and nemo, since the community 'only' complains, what about the karambit thread? ACWC threads? Pls
Thanks given by: Mise" , vector
(26 Jul 16, 05:14PM)Marti Wrote: He was complaining in the lean hackusation thread as well. (And calling out grenadier as a pub player while i wouldnt consider himself 'pro' either, quite toxic if you ask me)

It is just ironic you talk about a complaining and toxic community when you are doing the exact same thing. And when confronted you pretend you dont understand. I find that funny

Oh and nemo, since the community 'only' complains, what about the karambit thread? ACWC threads? Pls

Read my posts again, I never complained, I gave my opinion of whether lean was hacking, grenadier called himself a pub player not me, I never called him out or tried to insult him, I clearly just explained how most pub players will not understand some things that competitive players do.

And I'm not pretending that I didn't understand, I heard you loud and clear, I simply said it made no sense, there is a large difference. If there is a toxic community should I just keep quiet? Should I politely suggest that we have a toxic community?

And finally I didn't complain that there is a toxic community I implied that it is one of the reasons why people do not want to spend time and money on improving this game.
Thanks given by:
(26 Jul 16, 05:42PM)BaDMonkey Wrote: And finally I didn't complain that there is a toxic community I implied that it is one of the reasons why people do not want to spend time and money on improving this game.

Yeah, people spend thousands of euros on skins in CS:GO because their community isn't toxic. /s
Thanks given by: vector
(26 Jul 16, 05:14PM)Marti Wrote: Oh and nemo, since the community 'only' complains, what about the karambit thread? ACWC threads? Pls

That is not what I said, dont ask me.
Thanks given by:
the way you fuckers derail the idea of the thread is the epitome of toxicity.
Thanks given by: ExodusS , SrPER$IAN , vector
I'm personally up for any idea of evolving the game to the next genretion and engine. In case, I would like to mention the fact that when AC got released at 2006 it could easily compete with the best known fps game of its age,such as CS, or it was even better than CS at its golden period(2009-2012) in playerbase and the gameplay, and please do remember it that AC offered them all for FREE. But nowadays it is kind of a joke if we want to compare AC with any top FPS games. I totally agree that AC in Cube2 might have a different feeling in AC cube1 but do remember that how Sauerbraten devs saved their game this way. They might lost some, but they absolutely gained much more than they lost.

On the other hand we must face to another fact that as long as there is no income for the developers, we shouldn't expect much more than this from them. For now if we want to stick to this way, At my very optimistic opinion, I predict that in the next decade AC will have at most 2 minor updates and it will die after.

In my opinion, It is not still too late, AC still rocks with its unique gameplay and supporting community. Perhaps one of the persuading plan would be a decent Free game which compensate its expenses by common methods of online marketing, such as offering in-game purchases(skin, weapon, etc) or any other new ideas of making money. It's probably worth to try.
Thanks given by: 1Cap , vector
(27 Jul 16, 07:24AM)SrPER$IAN Wrote: In my opinion, It is not still too late, AC still rocks with its unique gameplay and supporting community. Perhaps one of the persuading plan would be a decent Free game which compensate its expenses by common methods of online marketing, such as offering in-game purchases(skin, weapon, etc) or any other new ideas of making money. It's probably worth to try.

I am willing to help...I can make SFxs and Background score or Foley elements for the game. They should try to make some mods with better character Skins, New sound and some new and exciting maps, and they can sell those mods.
(26 Jul 16, 08:57PM)kleinkariert Wrote: the way you fuckers derail the idea of the thread is the epitome of toxicity.

Yes, and your posts are 100℅ top quality too.

"Toxicity is the degree to which a substance can damage an organism."

you know, sometimes, in certain groups or something similar, you have to get things done by being a little toxic. Being a 'toy' who swallows everything doesnt get you anywhere.

Anyway this thread is good and should continue
Thanks given by:
For the record I am not trying to take over AC (I am also not Blair Wright) xD
Thanks for some good laughs after all this afkness, Vector.... =)
Thanks given by:
I believe we may should look back and adopt things when ac had his peak.
Maybe some old maps like ac_riverside or the maps from Apollo should be made
compatible for the current version. Moreover, I believe there are still bugs
regarding the hit registration that should be resolved.

If you want to make ac more competitive over time, we may consider ESL
though the failures in the past. If we can give new players something
valuable, then we attract new players. It was common to play 1vs1
each day in the past, which is now happening so rarely. Also modes
like tdm, tosok or htf lost completely their attention. This might be
another point to think about.

Give it a try ...
(27 Jul 16, 11:05PM)Elite Wrote: Moreover, I believe there are still bugs

valuable, then we attract new players.

Well Said...That hit registration is no issue if we play a LAN match...ESL is all about playing locally on LAN. This way we can remove the cheating threat and the ping issue. Higher tick rate servers should be considered to avoid this getting shot behind the cover thing. I have some amazing Tips and Mechanics that we can use in the game to improve the game-play. Lot could be done if people are willing to do something...
Thanks given by:
(28 Jul 16, 08:32AM)Vinayill Wrote:
(27 Jul 16, 11:05PM)Elite Wrote: Moreover, I believe there are still bugs

valuable, then we attract new players.

Well Said...That hit registration is no issue if we play a LAN match...ESL is all about playing locally on LAN. This way we can remove the cheating threat and the ping issue. Higher tick rate servers should be considered to avoid this getting shot behind the cover thing. I have some amazing Tips and Mechanics that we can use in the game to improve the game-play. Lot could be done if people are willing to do something...

Dunno what you mean by ESL, but I am referring to the ElectronicSportsLeague. What I want to add,
Drakas developed a freeze function already for the acwc 2010, and also mosschops provided a demo
analyzer as web tool, but I assume since the website of oNe is down that also this great tool is lost.
We had also a headshot mode, which was quite funny.
Thanks given by:
(26 Jul 16, 03:00AM)BaDMonkey Wrote: Lets be realistic here, AC isn't going anywhere

The only way this game gains traction and people start playing it more is if:

- Textures and models are improved
- It is moved to cube 2
- It is put into steam greenlight
- Some of the mechanics are improved i.e hitboxes

The devs are not going to do any of that and you cannot blame them for it, it takes a lot of time and dedication to work on it. w00p isn't really doing much, other than actionfps which is a pretty nice site, but they are not really changing the game (at least from what I know) as for f0r3v3r he isn't working on anything, why would he? why would anyone? Its putting in hours of work for a toxic community which only complains.

The "new people" are just kids that have more free time as they got off school, and the established players are just people that are coming back for either the same reason or because of ACWC.

In the end this thread is pretty much pointless, no one is changing this game and no one is getting "rid of you". This game will go on as something that people with bad computers will play, competitive players will pretty much leave after ACWC because there is very little competition and again, the community is toxic af. People are getting better PCs and playing other games, as sad as it is that is the truth.

This game is going nowhere, best case scenario someone that has a lot of free time and skill will try to remake this game on a better engine, but as for Assaultcube nothing is going to change.

I have to disagree here. I think the game could gain tons of traction with more marketing (free marketing to be precise). i.e. posting about in on every game-related forum you frequent. Tell your friends about it. Introduce it to gaming clubs and societies at schools etc.

Don't get me wrong, you are completely right about how upgrading AC would never happen but I beg to differ on the need to do so. I'm willing to bet if you market this game as a mix between CoD and Minecraft (with its cube-like graphics and mapping engine), people would be interested.

Everyone seems to think that the reason AC isn't played is because it's outdated but the real reason is nobody really knows about it. In terms of what it brings to the table, it's a dream game. It's lightweight on memory, has a tightknit community, and a retro feel with the ability to create your own gaming environments.

So here's the actual reality: the playerbase has aged and everyone's moved on without bringing anyone new it.

Am I saying that AC can be saved? No, not unless everyone here actively tries to do their own form of marketing. Honestly, I think the best way to attempt this would be to open up a stickied thread related specifically to spreading the word about AC. Inside, the members of the community would be able to organize who does what: who posts to which websites or forums, who goes to which school or town gaming clubs etc. It could be something as small as revitalizing the AC facebook or telling your friends about it.

Anyways just an idea

EDIT: Also a lot of people left when the map restrictions were put in place. Not saying we should get rid of them but perhaps losen them up a knotch to let things like ac_oldvillage and EzJemVill come back. Pipe dreams though...
Thanks given by: 1Cap , SrPER$IAN , Mise" , vector
(29 Jul 16, 05:02AM)MerCyKiL Wrote: I have to disagree here. I think the game could gain tons of traction with more marketing (free marketing to be precise). i.e. posting about in on every game-related forum you frequent. Tell your friends about it. Introduce it to gaming clubs and societies at schools etc.

Don't get me wrong, you are completely right about how upgrading AC would never happen but I beg to differ on the need to do so. I'm willing to bet if you market this game as a mix between CoD and Minecraft (with its cube-like graphics and mapping engine), people would be interested.

Everyone seems to think that the reason AC isn't played is because it's outdated but the real reason is nobody really knows about it. In terms of what it brings to the table, it's a dream game. It's lightweight on memory, has a tightknit community, and a retro feel with the ability to create your own gaming environments.

So here's the actual reality: the playerbase has aged and everyone's moved on without bringing anyone new it.

Am I saying that AC can be saved? No, not unless everyone here actively tries to do their own form of marketing. Honestly, I think the best way to attempt this would be to open up a stickied thread related specifically to spreading the word about AC. Inside, the members of the community would be able to organize who does what: who posts to which websites or forums, who goes to which school or town gaming clubs etc. It could be something as small as revitalizing the AC facebook or telling your friends about it.

Anyways just an idea

EDIT: Also a lot of people left when the map restrictions were put in place. Not saying we should get rid of them but perhaps losen them up a knotch to let things like ac_oldvillage and EzJemVill come back. Pipe dreams though...

I believe that there are two reasons that your plan might have less success as result :
1. AC is 12 years old game. It's no more a new unknown game in the market. Even we had 100K downloads at a period and actually thousands of ppl have downloaded it so far. Your plan might work and we might get downloaders but the main question is that "Can we keep them playing AC as it is now?" and if the answer is Yes so "why did it lose its players and still?"

2. The whole downloaders' shrinking process just started at 2012, a year before the map restrictions implemented by the developers. Obviously there must be another reason(s) behind this, though forsure this map restriction boosted this shrinking process at a period.

Besides the complaints about "ac_oldvillage and EzJemVill" and all the other abolished maps(Including GEMAs) does only remind me of all those crying for bringing back ac_wasteland to AC, and at the end of the day nobody played it (No Offense). Does any body remember when was it the last time he did play a complete game in wasteland?
Basically I don't think that removing map restrictions would save the AC alone, but it's probably one to be added to the TODO list. Though I'm against all "shitty" maps, but about this case, I believe developers had better choices such as have two tabs in server list, one for official maps and the other for all the other ones.[just an alternative]

Don't get me wrong, I do feel the same about all those nostalgic maps, sometimes I do miss all those TOSOK games in Headshotcity. But I believe if we want to get new players we need to think like a new player as well. It's not that hard; just put your feet on the shoes of a new player and tell me which of these features and photos are tempting you to download and play AC (and which are NOT ):

[Image: a6X8Z.png]

P.S 1 : we are living in 2016
P.S 2 : Almost all the screenshots and the features belong to 2008 version of AC(afaik)
Thanks given by:
(29 Jul 16, 03:16PM)SrPER$IAN Wrote: quote

Yes, I have to agree with you on some of your points. I guess what I was trying to say was a way to replace those that have left would be to bring in new ones but you raise a very good point about the game's age.

But don't get me wrong. I DO think that there are many people who would love to play a game that feels retro and classic and I think AC offers that (simply because it is indeed old as fuck). However, your screenshot says loads. Instead of a "classic and retro" gaming experience, our site looks like it's been trapped in time. And like the site, the game has been as well.

However, I honestly feel that more users would be attracted to the game and community if our message was framed differently. A site revamp that transforms AC into the "classic/retro" gaming engine that I think we should go for vs. the decade-old interface we use now that shows the game as something that has died off.

So here's a recap of the problems that I think need some solving in order to attract a new player base:

- marketing
- the framing that surrounds the game, namely this site
- framing in the game, i.e. things that make it "old" vs "classic/retro"

Our problem, as the remainder of the player base, is that no one has time or expertise in their lives to fix these problems, let alone do them for free. I talk a high game about how this game could be saved but the reality is that doing so would likely be a full time job. We would need people to market the game (obviously in this classic/retro framing I keep going on about), people to revamp the site, and people (most likely devs, most of which as KIA or MIA) to revamp smaller things inside the game.

So that is what lies ahead of us. I truly think there is a way to save the game BUT I also truly think that we are incapable, as a community, to save it without money or dedication or outside help.
Thanks given by: DogDancing , vector
thank you all. this proves my point.
The very moment AoX went away we were shagged.( this was not For3v3rs doing, but I do not appreciate DNC at at all. It is doing nothing for AC)

I will not give up on this game as I love it.
I wish this was not political but as I said the devs atm have to be more honest and stop the bullshit
and stop acting like demi gods as your not

winks at For3v3r. Yeah you could of done more if you wanted too. You have the skills and attitude. Also people that like you to do it. But for me your on a back burner atm coz of DnC

Oh I heard 1cap is now playing atari ping pong to get his frag rates up lol

also can I add I normally get kicked by the devs with my point of views ( DEVS should not have control of the forum ?)
. But thanks to xray I have a bit more support.
But can I add at this moment. The present devs should say something.

I do not mean this badly..we all know each other so lets talk openly
Thanks given by:
What did DnC do?
Thanks given by:
nothing that just about it

shameful

DnC have done nothing for ac and I will wish I had the authority to get you removed. You have skilled players that do nothing for ac .......so adios
Thanks given by: BaDMonkey , Nemo
explain ?
at the end of the day I do not see the player base from Aox in AC since its demise, and DnC starting.
Badger talks to me and others
but I do worry now that DnC think they are a break away AC

If that is the case I will not be there.....lol not that I will be missed thanks be to god for that
Thanks given by:
We are a group of friends that play games, whatever games we feel like playing.

We owe nothing to anyone.

If forever or mash want to work on the game that is their choice to make, no one elses.
Thanks given by: DogDancing , +f0r3v3r+