Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
[Match Thread: Round 2] France vs United States
Official Match Thread
France vs United States

Map Pool: shine, lainio, gothic, swamp, iceroad
The teams should take it in turns to blacklist a map from the pool until only one remains. That map is then played on both sides.

Time and Date: 21 July, 20:00 GMT
Deadline: 21 July

Both teams should contact each other and arrange a time to play. If the match is unplayed at the end of the deadline, the team that made the best effort will advance at the directors’ discretion.

Twitch Stream: http://twitch.tv/themightymartinator
On Air Talent: Marti

Referee: Vanquiss, Hosta
Once you have a time set and way of contacting each other, post it in this thread so a referee can be provided.

Results: 2-2 (France wins by flags)
[Image: Ml5lofq.jpg]
[Image: Wfht0YN.jpg]
[Image: AgCIQj8.jpg]
[Image: enR8Deg.jpg]
Thanks given by:
We can play tonight after 9 pm gmt.
Thanks given by:
I would prefer if we planned a day in advanced instead. I will try to be on ts3 today to organize a game date.
Thanks given by:
Okay we all have really inconstant schedules, that's why we only posted this morning.

We'll be on ts3 tonight.
Thanks given by:
When is the deadline ? Redbull won't be available before the 20th.
Thanks given by:
July 17th I believe
Thanks given by:
Can we extend the deadline until the sunday 24th ? As them, we'd rather not play without our best lineup.
Thanks given by:
since when is this round only 1 week, and round 1 was like 3 weeks lol
Thanks given by:
If we are to finish the tournament by mid August the rounds will have to be one week each. I will talk to my other directors and see what they think about extensions

We have agreed that no extension will be allowed in this instance due to the fact that France has substitute players and we would like to finish the tournament as quickly as possible.
Thanks given by: aarmaageedoon
We can play, monday, tuesday, wednesday from 7.30pm to 10pm our time. And next week we can play friday, saturday and sunday from 10pm to almost anytime.
Thanks given by:
Mhmm you said you couldn't play tommorow at 10 I thought ? We have offered numerous times all week and you always have a conflict. If you can play tommorow at 10 let us know and well see if we can
Thanks given by:
I believe its extremely unfair if France do not get to play with the line up they want. 4/5 days extension wont delay the whole tournament by a great amount. If Russia were allowed to play with their "first team" line up in round 1, the same should apply to France in the semi final especially if its just a couple of days difference.

Also, didn't the map pool take a day and a half to be posted? :/

All im trying to say is - be fair, not trying to take a dig at the organizers or anything.
Thanks given by: Teapot
(14 Jul 16, 05:45AM)Mise Wrote: I believe its extremely unfair if France do not get to play with the line up they want. 4/5 days extension wont delay the whole tournament by a great amount. If Russia were allowed to play with their "first team" line up in round 1, the same should apply to France in the semi final especially if its just a couple of days difference.

Also, didn't the map pool take a day and a half to be posted? :/

All im trying to say is - be fair, not trying to take a dig at the organizers or anything.

It's not "four to five days", from the time Million made the request it would be a minimum of ten days since Redbull returns on the 20th and likely would not be able to play the same day. In Russia's case, they could not actually field a lineup without an extension, so would've had to concede the victory to Brazil, which all organisers unanimously agreed would've been unfair. USA didn't play their top lineup against us (UK), and we didn't play our top lineup against Germany - if you aren't prepared to play with every player in the eventuality of differing schedules, why even sign them up initially?

History has shown us all that if an ACWC doesn't get finished by the end of August, it will never get finished. Therefore it's our prerogative to ensure that an entire tournament schedule doesn't get broken simply for the benefit of one team. We believe that is being fair.

EDIT: fixed formatting, still not used to this keyboard fml
Thanks given by: HoeHunter
I believe vanquish has said all that needs to be said regarding the extention debate. All other posts on the topic will be deleted. USA and FRA need to agree on a time and play by this Sunday
Thanks given by:
how about saturday or sunday?

we can pretty much play all day

12:00pm-10:00pm EST
which is 4:00pm-2:00am the next day for ya'll
Thanks given by:
The first round was three weeks because the rules said ACWC started in July and we also had a qualifier to play.

I personally am for being flexible. I'm sure if it were a few days that would be okay. But an extra week has been rejected by a majority of admins.
Thanks given by: Mise"
3matches for 6 weeks = 2weeks per match
anyway
Thanks given by:
But you have to play 4 games to become the champ honor ;)
Thanks given by:
I will say I'd rather play France's top lineup as has always been the case now and in the past.

Honestly I would just like to get it done. How can we make that happen?
(15 Jul 16, 02:13PM)Marti Wrote: But you have to play 4 games to become the champ honor ;)

USA BENE then USA again?
Thanks given by:
(15 Jul 16, 03:13PM)Honor Wrote: USA BENE then USA again?

Doubt you'll make it that far :)
Thanks given by:
(15 Jul 16, 04:38PM)Marti Wrote:
(15 Jul 16, 03:13PM)Honor Wrote: USA BENE then USA again?

Doubt you'll make it that far :)

Oh don't underestimate the baguettes
Thanks given by:
Does France care to comment on the times suggested by USA?
Thanks given by:
We've discussed this further and the deadline has been extended to Thursday 21 July. Hopefully this allows the match to take place Wednesday or Thursday.
Oh lawd the bitching worked.

When would be a good time France?
Thanks given by:
Thursday 21 around 9:30pm GMT+2 ?
Thanks given by:
Xemi can't play until 10:00 GMT +2. Could this work?
Thanks given by:
Yeah that's around 9.30 :)
Thanks given by:
I should be there to stream
Thanks given by:
21 July 20:00 GMT Confirmed. Going to need casters and referees.
Thanks given by: