Server on a different network
I host a server and constantly succeed in registering with the masterserver. Even so, it does not seem that my friends can connect to my server. Does this have something to do with the fact that they are not on the same wifi network?
Thanks given by:
Make sure you have forwarded both ports for the server.

i.e. 28763 AND 28764
(If you are using a custom port for your server then you will need port and port+1 forwarded)

Let us know when you are sure that isn't the issue.
Thanks given by:
(04 Jun 16, 06:51AM)+f0r3v3r+ Wrote: Make sure you have forwarded both ports for the server.

i.e. 28763 AND 28764
(If you are using a custom port for your server then you will need port and port+1 forwarded)

Let us know when you are sure that isn't the issue.

I am sure that this isn't the problem, because if I go to Multiplayer -> Join a server it says that it's looking up ms.cubers.net and my server appears there, but that may be because I'm hosting the server on the same computer. 

If it is the problem, then how would I forward correctly? I already have gone into my router firewall -> port range forwarding -> name: Assaultcube - Start Port: 28763 - End Port: 28764 and entered my IP and enabled the new rule.
Thanks given by:
(04 Jun 16, 02:12PM)drew123301 Wrote: I am sure that this isn't the problem, because if I go to Multiplayer -> Join a server it says that it's looking up ms.cubers.net and my server appears there, but that may be because I'm hosting the server on the same computer. 

The masterserver registers servers with their IP-Address as it is seen "from the internet". If you are behind a NAT router, your server actually only has a local IP address, which can not be reached from the internet - which is why you have to configure your NAT to forward to your server. (The NAT router is actually the machine with the IP address seen by the masterserver)

This works fine for all players, that access your server the same way as the masterserver does: from a public IP range.

Any player, who is behind the same NAT as you are, can usually not connect to the NAT's public IP - so, the address from the masterserver-list doesn't work.

Instead, if the client is in the same local network as your server (and no router prohibits a connection), the client should find the server as a LAN server (without help from the masterserver). Try "Join a LAN server" in the multiplayer menu.

If your router prohibits clients on the local network from seeing each other (as many wifi routers do, for security reasons), you're out of luck.

btw: never use wifi to host a public server!
Thanks given by:
Ok, this is going to sound stupid, but how can I tell if my router is a NAT Router?
Thanks given by:
Since your router features port forwarding, it certainly translates network addresses.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Local_ip_address
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Network_ad...ranslation

Did you try "Join a LAN server"?
Thanks given by:
I believe so, but gimme a day to double check. It may be that they didn't try that one.
Thanks given by: