How about a tournament?
It doesn't piss me off at all. i still think you are chatting shit. In my opinion maps like avenue will not be fun or competitive especially in a prestige tournament such as the ACWC (if it is actually ACWC). there is too much of a randomness involved with avenue. to be honest just make a poll of the mapPool or something.
Thanks given by:
I agree with you, a poll would be the best way to do the tournament, if this actually was ACWC I understand why some people might not want to play it, as it is not a common map.

As for the randomness, I see what you mean the map is very open and has many entrances, it does not follow the standard "right, mid and left lane" template that most maps do. However I think it is compatible competitively because it proposes a challenge and rewards good players with good prediction skills, who instead of being "randomly lucky" they are able to counter the enemy with pure skill. Teams with better coordination, communication and game sense will be superior to those that just are a trio of pure "frag power".

It is the basically the opposite of ac_gothic per se, Big and complicated. I personally hated the map before, but after playing it for a while I found it being much more challenging and fun to play, when compared to the standard "Flag is left", "Low incoming right", "Falling back mid". Despite what I have said, this is all my personal take on the map, of course everyone has their preferences and i understand that.

Although Avenue might not be a good map for ACWC because people haven't played it, I urge good players like you Mise, to try it out and give it a chance, rather than playing the same 5 maps over and over again and calling anything else that is remotely different a "pub map".
Thanks given by:
I have played it. I remember trying new maps with both rC members as well as MyS. What you said about pure skill on avenue - That's on every map mate! Avenue isn't complicated - what I am trying to say is that in a competitive match; the gameplay would not be fluid. anyways enough bullshit arguments make a poll etc Idc I just want to take part in a tourney ;) #uk2016
Thanks given by: Teapot , Vanquish , Hostaa
Since when is this becoming acwc? I need to create a different team then x)

Anyway stop chatting shit and let ze people decide about the maps
Thanks given by: Teapot , Vanquish
Ye enough arguing

Also @million +1 on that veto idea
Thanks given by: Teapot
I still do not understand why so many people hate urban. It seems like you guys are just following someone's point of view which is completly wrong anyway.
This map is not more terrible than ac_gothic, ac_desert3, ac_werk, ac_ingress, ac_swamp which are even more biased than ac_urban.

For me a good team in a general way is a team that knows how to adapt and do good scores even playing from a very disadvantaged side.
Thanks given by: BaDMonkey , +f0r3v3r+ , Vanquish
If it's summer Acwc would be cool. But whatever the tourney is - let's go ;)
I'd like to host as soon as possible WLM, after ACWC, in the future maybe 1tourney per month.
Sorry it was not clearly formulated.
Thanks given by: Teapot , Nemo , +f0r3v3r+
Surely you jest.... Maybe I misunderstood you, but in my syntactical understanding you just said "Weed Lounge Mastership is equal to or greater than AssaultCube World Cup."

I think you meant to infer that this tournament would take place first, as that seems less like banter.

As for the map issue, I definitely think a poll is in order. But I would also like to hear specific and detailed arguments about why a map is problematic for competitive play. Generic perspectives on general gameplay are not valid imho.

Teapot made a great point against edifice, and I would say that gives a proper sense of why that map is not fit.
I would also say people need to quit dogging every new proposal and learn some new tricks.
After all, how good is a player anyway if they can only perform on the same 5-10 maps they have memorized? I would stand to argue that skill and teamwork should prevail regardless of the environment.
Thanks given by: Teapot , BaDMonkey , Hostaa , Vanquish
i'll make soon a poll for that, i'll talk bevore to a few ppls.
Thanks given by: Teapot , +f0r3v3r+ , BaDMonkey , Mise"
URBAN ♥
Thanks given by:
please vote here http://forum.cubers.net/thread-8678.html for the mappool, thanks :)
btw, what do you think ? should i open the servers when the players are playing so everyone can watch them or should someone stream?
Thanks given by:
We don't even know the precise date for this tournament. How can you think about streaming if you are not sure if you'll have enough players/teams for your tournament ? I mean by this that the most important thing is to have enough teams and we need a precise date to contact our teammates and check their availability.
Thanks given by:
(11 May 16, 08:58AM)Hostaa Wrote: We don't even know the precise date for this tournament. How can you think about streaming if you are not sure if you'll have enough players/teams for your tournament ? I mean by this that the most important thing is to have enough teams and we need a precise date to contact our teammates and check their availability.

I think it will be in late may or early june, depens on when the servers and website are ready. And ofc. i need enough teams for the tourney, i'll ask the next days arround.
Thanks given by:
(02 May 16, 03:54PM)cannonfodder Wrote: -What you'd wish as price?

CSGO skins ? :D
Thanks given by: Graziano , Teapot
(13 May 16, 07:54PM)Million Wrote:
(02 May 16, 03:54PM)cannonfodder Wrote: -What you'd wish as price?

CSGO skins ? :D

lol okay
I am sorry, i will have no time for the tourney in early/late june, a lot of things changed thats why, i have not anymore that much time. When i have holidays i promise i will organize a tourney.

Thanks for reading.

best regards,
cannonfodder.
Thanks given by:
Christmas tournament ?
Thanks given by:
(23 Dec 16, 01:26AM)Alien Wrote: Christmas tournament ?

[Image: 7524jhl.gif]
Thanks given by:
Mise has anger issues lmao
Thanks given by: +f0r3v3r+ , HoeHunter , Mise" , BaDMonkey
(26 Dec 16, 12:39AM)al3rt Wrote: Mise has anger issues lmao

And you have daddy issues :D
Thanks given by: Mise" , HoeHunter
Albeit, a bit late, and impromptu...

But... Let's Play!
Thanks given by: