How about a tournament?
Hello AC players, i'd like to host/organize again a AC tourney.
First of all i've some questions:

-Are enough ppls. interested in playing at a tourney?
-Is there anyone who could help me with moderating the tourney,making a bracket or helping me at server stuff ?
-Is here anyone who has a VPS/dedicated server located in the USA ?
( I need one for the tourney, because if brazilian players play on a EU server the ping is bad and the EU players have a advantage )
-What can i improve? (this question is for the guys which took place at WLM)
-What you'd wish as price?

(excuse my terrible english, i hope you've understand everything, if there are any questions feel free to ask, i am always at ts.weed-lounge.de )

Thanks for reading

best regards,
cannonfodder
Thanks given by: Lozi* , Federico.
(02 May 16, 03:54PM)cannonfodder Wrote: ( I need one for the tourney, because if brazilian players play on a EU server the ping is bad and the EU players have a advantage )

lol you cant be serious here
Thanks given by:
I'd like to play it (with the mys team, we are active again)
Thanks given by:
Obvious Winner v2.0 w'll play !
If It's allowed to play & be a ref, I'll be available.

I don't remember anything wrong with the wlm format, however I think It could be fun to pick maps with veto.
Thanks given by:
I don't think many people will want to play a tournament yet. Exam season has just started and people have them till late June (depends on the country).

If I were you, wait till summer, you will find that more teams will join.
Thanks given by:
(03 May 16, 12:55AM)sukablya Wrote: I'd like to play it (with the mys team, we are active again)

Nice to hear that m8 :)

(03 May 16, 12:58PM)Million Wrote: Obvious Winner v2.0 w'll play !
If It's allowed to play & be a ref, I'll be available.

I don't remember anything wrong with the wlm format, however I think It could be fun to pick maps with veto.

Yes it's allowed, nice that you'll take part again!

(03 May 16, 02:12PM)BaDMonkey Wrote: I don't think many people will want to play a tournament yet. Exam season has just started and people have them till late June (depends on the country).

If I were you, wait till summer, you will find that more teams will join.

I am thinking of doing the tourney in late june because i've also more time then, but i'll maybe do it little 1on1 tourney bevore =)
Thanks given by:
(03 May 16, 12:58PM)Million Wrote: Obvious Winner v2.0 w'll play !

easy win as always
Thanks given by: Marti , Teapot
If you plan to make a tourney in june, you better'd organize the acwc ^^
Thanks given by:
M8 acwc is best in august
Thanks given by:
any suggestions for the map pool?
Thanks given by:
standard 3v3 maps

ac_desert3
ac_elevation
ac_gothic
ac_ingress
ac_mines
ac_power
ac_shine
ac_sunset
ac_swamp
ac_urban
ac_werk

other interesting choices I think could produce some good games, ac_cavern1.2 & ac_tanglewood1.3
Thanks given by:
(06 May 16, 03:07AM)Teapot Wrote: standard 3v3 maps

ac_desert3
ac_elevation
ac_gothic
ac_ingress
ac_mines
ac_power
ac_shine
ac_sunset
ac_swamp
ac_urban
ac_werk

other interesting choices I think could produce some good games, ac_cavern1.2 & ac_tanglewood1.3

sounds good, but i'd skip ac_urban.
should i put custom maps into the map pool?
Thanks given by:
what about outpost??
Thanks given by: +f0r3v3r+
mateeee urban is a good map
Thanks given by: Million , champo , Vanquish
(06 May 16, 04:46PM)Marti Wrote: mateeee urban is a good map

unfair map you meant
Thanks given by:
Maps are not played 2 times from different sides??
Thanks given by:
its comfortable playing cla urban for me you just have to play smarter and dont give rvsf the easy stuff if you do that i believe red has the advantage actually... in a tournament setting with teamspeak it should be much easier for cla to have good games compared to random players together in inters with no communication
Thanks given by: Vanquish
I agree with teapot and quico.

RSVF urban is not unbeatable, its hard, but it is not much harder than playing RSVF ingress.

ac_Outpost is a must

And also if you are going to have ac_Power in there you might as well go with ac_Edifice and ac_Avenue
Thanks given by: Teapot
(06 May 16, 07:47PM)BaDMonkey Wrote: I agree with teapot and quico.

RSVF urban is not unbeatable, its hard, but it is not much harder than playing RSVF ingress.

ac_Outpost is a must

And also if you are going to have ac_Power in there you might as well go with ac_Edifice and ac_Avenue

DnC is too op on ac_avenue q:D

(06 May 16, 05:54PM)Nemo Wrote: Maps are not played 2 times from different sides??

this time not

(06 May 16, 07:09PM)Teapot Wrote: its comfortable playing cla urban for me you just have to play smarter and dont give rvsf the easy stuff if you do that i believe red has the advantage actually... in a tournament setting with teamspeak it should be much easier for cla to have good games compared to random players together in inters with no communication

i'll make a poll for that...
Lol so you'd exclude urban because apparently its unfair yet you keep gothic d3 werk and swamp

Lmfao
Thanks given by: BaDMonkey , Teapot , Vanquish
(05 May 16, 02:11PM)cannonfodder Wrote: any suggestions for the map pool?

I'd say break the status quo and open it up to some of these "off-the-beaten path" official maps.
Go with a larger pool of maps, and then do as has been suggested before, and add a veto to the map selection.

Then teams can use their veto power to eliminate maps they feel are unfair or that they don't want to play.

Just an opinion...
Thanks given by: BaDMonkey , josivo
(06 May 16, 10:27PM)+f0r3v3r+ Wrote:
(05 May 16, 02:11PM)cannonfodder Wrote: any suggestions for the map pool?

I'd say break the status quo and open it up to some of these "off-the-beaten path" official maps.
Go with a larger pool of maps, and then do as has been suggested before, and add a veto to the map selection.

Then teams can use their veto power to eliminate maps they feel are unfair or that they don't want to play.

Just an opinion...

sounds good will take over for the tournament, but some players have fps problems on big maps like ac_vension.

(06 May 16, 10:07PM)Marti Wrote: Lol so you'd exclude urban because apparently its unfair yet you keep gothic d3 werk and swamp

Lmfao

i'll make soon a poll for that...
You should make a first pool on the forum with every map, so players ban 4 or 5 (?) then a veto system before each match
Thanks given by: Nemo , Teapot , BaDMonkey
No edifice and avenue. teams will base camp and create a slow game atmosphere. Boring to play, boring to watch. Keep the standard maps (no custom maps apart from maybe the symmetrical maps by zero and yopa depending on public views). Also urban should be allowed, it's an entertaining map especially in 3v3s. If I'll be around I can help be a ref. Moreover, if the tourney was ACWC it would be more fun. Anyway Thanks for taking initiative bud :)
Thanks given by:
(08 May 16, 12:13AM)Mise Wrote: No edifice and avenue. teams will base camp and create a slow game atmosphere.

Edifice I understand, it is possible to base camp in that map, since both bases are so defensive.

But avenue? What kind of idiot would base-camp in such an open map?

There are 4 entrances to CLA base, and RSVF has 3, the map is full of passages, if anything it would be very entertaining to watch, seeing people get duked and outplayed by pure sneak.

One of the most entertaining and challenging maps to play IMO.
Thanks given by:
I just checked what map avenue was MY BAD I didn't know it was the pub map. MY BAD.
Thanks given by:
when it comes to edifice being played in competitive games i look at the cla base... you have a flag up a ladder with giant pillars blocking most of it and you have beams on the edges of the wall coming into the base and outside in the narrow passage. its absolutely ridiculous to try and rifle sprint flags and your not going to take the upper path with the flag because again you have a fence/rail or whatever blocking the exit and its a straight line so spawning cla players are gonna kill you. might be an ok pub map but i have no idea why anyone wants to play this in competitive its not made for it.
Thanks given by: cannonfodder
Like I said, I understand edifice, I myself only really play it because it is fun to play, and admittedly, It does piss other people off which might be fun to watch, however avenue is completely viable in my opinion.
@badmonkey are you chatting shit for the sake of chatting shit or actually chatting shit because you just chat shit?!?
Thanks given by: champo
@Mise Apparently I'm chatting shit because I have a different point of view?

Or is it because of the whole "it pisses people off" comment? If I annoyed you with that then my job here is done.
Thanks given by: